Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Need for Speed Series Cut?

Post by Hydro_PT »

Zotic+ wrote:EA should keep making nfs and not sell it whether its tru or not
NFS- the main point is the Street RACING and POLICE

just wanted to share that cuz it came to my mind
Oh yeah? Where was the police and the street racing on ProStreet? Oh wait, I know the answer: they were not.

In Carbon and Undercover, the AI of the opponents and police sucks, so you can't even have fun with street racing and police chases. Plus, the handling is bad, so, you don't even have fun with that #-o (ok, Carbon was not so bad, but Undercover's handling is a piece of shiznit, believe me... even with a wheel, it sucks).

The NFS changed a lot over the years. On the past, the main point was to give you exotic cars like Ferraris, Lamborghinis and so on, put you on a circuit or sprint race over exotic places and being chased by the police. After Underground, things turned to illegal street racing, police, tuning and free-roam. Which, on my point of view, is pretty good. Underground, Underground 2 and Most Wanted were great games, because they had everything we, gamers, would want: a lot of tuning parts for our machines (U2), a nice handling, good races and racing modes, police and free-roam. But then, on Carbon things were a bit bad, because the handling was too arcade and because they cut too much on the tuning parts (though they added the autosculpt). But now, what the hell, MC: LA has lot of licensed tuning parts, why can't NFS have them too? Instead, we get ugly bodykits and a few tuning parts.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

I think Undercover has good cops... they try and take me out... and block and pit and ram, and surround.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

undercover police chase is AWESOME!

and the police chatter is completely new and sometimes funny which is great

GTA4 should learn from that lol... but the rest... meh...

1 thing EA should learn from Codemasters... is the ability to perform so well on most systems with amazing graphics and textures... it seems to them that a lot of us are still running the game on single cores >.> and pixelated shadows?!? PUHLEEZ!

physics engine is pretty much completely made up, and i have no complaints because it's not meant to be played like other games... it SHOULD be more arcady with unnatural movements.

car selection isn't that bad, but some are missing.

and DUMP ALL the previous bodykits, from EVERY SINGLE CAR and start anew... i'm REALLY tired of ALL the ugly kits that looks the same on every car!

i don't think i'll miss it much if there's no NFS release next year
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

zedex wrote:and the police chatter is completely new and sometimes funny which is great
Patrol this is unit *forgot number,* uh... I just threw up in my squad car.

...yeah, I'm going home. :lol:

I agree on the all new body kit's part, we really need fresh meat again, not a combination of the past few games.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

Noobish question, how do you listen to the police chatter?

All I'm getting is the serious chatter when in a pursuit.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Haven't played Undercover and most likely never will. My copy has some sort of defect in it that causes a failed install. EA is "looking into" the issue, and I can't return my copy and get a new one because I bought a PC version.

That said, and ignoring Undercover's existence, I'm not surprised that the NFS franchise might be put to rest. There have been what, 12 games in the series so far, with the last generation generating mixed reviews from the community. With the recent economic downturn, I'm not at all surprised that EA will be trying to minimize its losses by cutting a game that hasn't done as well recently as it has in the past.

Although I'm sure games like the NFS series will continue to be produced, but no longer be branded NFS. Maybe EA realizes that the fan expectations are just something they can't meet up to so are looking to create a "new" racing series.
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

Hydro_PT wrote: I know that EA and Codemasters have a different way of doing their games, and I know that NFS is EA's creation. But after 3 years with such type of games, I mean... why not sell the licence to a studio that actually WORK on their games to release them on a way that fans will like them? Codemasters has a good background of successful games, and they're not disappointing on the last years. DiRT was a great revival of Colin McRae series (and DiRT 2 was already announced), GRID was a great revival of ToCA series (which were great on their own) and they're preparing a F1 game for 2009.
the NFS series would certainly be more visually intriguing if it was made by the same people who made dirt. bet the tri cities would have been stunning if they had been produced by codemasters. not to mention you prolly would have been able to see where you were going... lol
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

TONTO89 wrote:
Hydro_PT wrote: I know that EA and Codemasters have a different way of doing their games, and I know that NFS is EA's creation. But after 3 years with such type of games, I mean... why not sell the licence to a studio that actually WORK on their games to release them on a way that fans will like them? Codemasters has a good background of successful games, and they're not disappointing on the last years. DiRT was a great revival of Colin McRae series (and DiRT 2 was already announced), GRID was a great revival of ToCA series (which were great on their own) and they're preparing a F1 game for 2009.
the NFS series would certainly be more visually intriguing if it was made by the same people who made dirt. bet the tri cities would have been stunning if they had been produced by codemasters. not to mention you prolly would have been able to see where you were going... lol
Nah, they would've been too brown. It's too brown anyway! But at least the sky isn't brown too. Brown. =P~
TONTO89
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by TONTO89 »

baumaxx1 wrote: Nah, they would've been too brown. It's too brown anyway! But at least the sky isn't brown too. Brown. =P~
lol I know what you mean. I guess things would have just been sharper tho at least for the xbox 360
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Huh? It should be less brown on any platform.
maniksdi
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by maniksdi »

dont you understand why they are cutting the series off? . . . it's all about money . . . they mentioned that undercover did not make it to the top 20 sales list or somethin . . . . so it's MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY all the way for EA . . screw NFS . . they never cared about fans or gameplay . . anything that gets good MONEY MONEY MONEY will do . . . nfs was a great game for me . . it was great until nfs 5 porsche unleashed . . underground was a different racing game . . not the old nfs . . so it was never the saw . . . now that they dont have enuff MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY they are blaming the title . . . NFS has nothing to do with the death of a franchise . . it's all about MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY . . . prostreet was a disappointment for the ppl who bought the game with MONEY MONEY . so no one bought undercover when it came out . . and we all fans mainly use pirated games which does not give any MONEY MONEY to EA . . so our opinion does not matter . . it's all MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY and MONEY MONEY MONEY . . . . I think I am quite clear there :D
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Duh.

Return to “News”