Time of day - makes a diff?

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Time of day - makes a diff?

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Ok so in the real world, time of day does play a big factor. Surface temperatures affect grip, engines and turbos perform better in cooler conditions, etc etc. But in Shift.. does it make any difference? This would influence choices when setting up rooms online and quick races.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Time of day - makes a diff?

Post by Hydro_PT »

Lol SHIFT isn't a simulator, so that doesn't happen. I never noticed any difference, no matter the time of day I play. It's just to look pretty, nothing else. The game doesn't even feature rain...
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

the avaible settings dont affect anything related to the car, if Night was avaible then it maybe would affect your driving ability(you would not see as good as at day)....but nothing car related.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Agreed, I've never noticed any difference in grip or performance, but that doesn't mean to say it's not there. It would be almost trivial for the developers to change the grip level slightly based on the time-of-day menu selection.

Unlike you guys, I don't claim to know one way or the other, but yeah, time-of-day selection doesn't seem to affect things.

BTW, I nearly always choose morning anyway, if only because sun glare is less of a problem.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

morning is... dawn... right?

if so sun-glare is not a problem?:

*or is it dusk? i always get the 2 confused...*
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yeah, dawn is morning, dusk is evening. And I'm rethinking my supposedly clever choice there after running a multitude of dawn laps at Spa - you have to drive straight into the sun glare for a good part of the last section of the track. Maybe if the sun were higher in the sky it wouldn't be such a problem.. :\
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

GT3x24x7 wrote:But in Shift.. does it make any difference?
You're asking this in a game with no tirewear, mechanical failures or fuel consumption? lol..
Skroting
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Skroting »

It makes a difference to me....but only because I've been foolish enough to use shadows as braking marks :D When I drive online, the host might not use daytime, and as a result I struggle in several corners.
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

Summ wrote:
GT3x24x7 wrote:But in Shift.. does it make any difference?
You're asking this in a game with no tirewear, mechanical failures or fuel consumption? lol..
it has... just locked away
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

lol yeah that's a great reason for not using the midday default.. to put other racers off their game, if only slightly. Any disadvantage to your opponents is an advantage to you.

Return to “SHIFT”