classic Nissan Skyline 2000 gearbox problems

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
OldSchoolRacer
Ricer
Ricer

classic Nissan Skyline 2000 gearbox problems

Post by OldSchoolRacer »

Hey everyone hows it going? Im running a nissan skyline 2000 with the works kit. However ive been having problems with this car when im accelerating. It feels as if the clutch is either slipping really bad ( the game doesnt have that feature, i know) or the car is doing a burnout in every gear ( the car isnt loosing traction or smoking the tires though). Basically i hit the last gear and im maxing out my rpms but im not really going anywhere fast. But when i let go of the gas and then switch gears and hit the gas again usually the problem is gone, or even just letting go of the gas for a few seconds seems to let the car catch and pull. what the heck is this? #-o :?
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: classic Nissan Skyline 2000 gearbox problems

Post by Hydro_PT »

I also have that problem. There's nothing you can do to solve it, as far as I know, since it's probably a bug. My only advice is to never put your foot all the way down while changing gears. Accelerate with careful and the car will handle alright. If you just smash the accelerator while changing gears, you will get that weird problem. I know what's like, you can be in fourth gear, maxing out the RPMs and the car will pick up speed really slowly. I like to do that once in a while. :D
OldSchoolRacer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OldSchoolRacer »

hmm ok, originally when i had that car without the works and it wasnt tuned that high the problem wasnt really there. ill see if i can tweak the dif. setting or gearbox setting a little. if that doesnt work then i might just sell and rebuy the car and try different gearbox packages without the works pack.
OldSchoolRacer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OldSchoolRacer »

ok i sold it and bought it again. then i tuned it to the max but without the works pack, and the problem is gone. so its related to the works pack.
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

NFS Shift does model clutch slippage, but it only affects some cars. If you're using manual shift, turning off traction control and autoclutch results in faster launches and shifts, but causes the clutch to slip on some cars. Even with autoclutch on, some cars still have a clutch slippage issue. You can lift the throttle during shifts on the problem cars, or just avoid the problem cars.

The cars I use for online play do not have the clutch slippage problem, and could be shifted at full throttle with auto-clutch off:

unrestricted: Zonda R, LP640, CCX (fastest at Dakota Tri Oval)
14.0 - LP560, GTR SpecV (LP560 is faster since patch 1.02), reward Falken Mustang (fastest at Dakota Tri Oval)
10.0 - 67 Stingray (some clutch slippage), 67 Mustang
6.0 - 71 Challenger, 69 Charger
4.0 - MX5

Also these cars I used in career mode do not have the clutch slippage problem, and ran fine with autoclutch off:

works Audi TT, Silvia (some slippage), works GTR, DB9, GT2, works Z06

These cars I used in career mode do have a clutch slippage problem, so I turned on autoclutch:

Supra, works Elise, works BMW E46, works Camaro, works Viper

Return to “SHIFT”