NFS Hot Pursuit: Hands On at Gamespot, Pre-Order

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS Hot Pursuit: Hands On at Gamespot, Pre-Order

Post by Bojan »

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is the next installment in the Need for Speed series coming this November to PC, PlayStation3, Xbox360 and the Wii (If you missed out the trailer, be sure to check it here). The first preview article is up on GameSpot and it reveals quite a bit about the core concept in the game:
The game focuses on two different playable classes--the cop and the racer. ... The cop can call in roadblocks and helicopter support, drop a spike strip, or send out an electromagnetic pulse that reverses the racer's controls. The racer, meanwhile, can use a cloak, a decoy car, and a radar jammer to throw the cops off his tail, while the nitrous boost will take you "faster than you've ever been in a Need for Speed game."
Another potentially revolutionary aspect of the online package is Autolog, which allows you to connect, compare and compete with your friends. When you're logged into the network, a Facebook-esque friends stream provides you with info on what your contacts have been up to. It then advises you of what to play based on this activity, recommending players with similar tastes, for example.
Gamespot Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Hands On

The game is also available for pre-order and again you get a bonus if you decide to do so. The bonus is instant access to Porsche Cayman S and Dodge Challenger SRT8 for your cop career and Audi TT RS Coupe and Chevrolet Camaro SS for when you choose to be a racer. More info on the official site.

The official website has a Hot Pursuit page up with a couple of screenshots and some basic info, including
Loaded with action, this game will challenge you to become Seacrest County's top cop or most wanted racer. For the first time ever in a Need for Speed game, you'll be able to play a full career on either side of the law. This fall, whether you're a lead-foot speeder or a cop with a mean streak, make sure your aviators are spotless and your driving record is anything but.
See it here

Lots of cars have been spotted in the recently released screenshots and videos. We have a wiki page with an up to date list of cars spotted. Edit the page if you spot more!

And finally, our Hot Pursuit forum is up with a few topics discussing the game's features. Join in on the discussion!
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: NFS Hot Pursuit: Hands On at Gamespot, Pre-Order

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Sounds very interesting hypothetically, interested to see how it will play out practically though...let's wait for some gameplay footage :P
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

one thing I'm hoping for... all the gadgets and gimmicks players can use to escape/bust another would be decently balanced...

I'd prefer a straight up block and stop mode like in High Stakes... and rather not do the "bump damage bust" like in HP2 or Undercover...
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

I wonder how advanced the Be a Cop system will be in this one.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Ok so...
1) NFS Hot Pursuit: Yay, a good title, its on PC...made by Criterion...for now its perfect
2) Racer: decoy car? WTF. stealth? WTF!??
3) Time to watch the trailer. Done.

Ok so...first: it seems like a true Hot Pursuit successor, no weird elements noticed...WAIT! Bugatti Veyron cop car.
Should be good, considering its Criterion and they do listen to people actually.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

The only thing I'd complain is the HUD. It's so damn idk...colorful or distractive, maybe it's a beta hud :S
peterfaj
Drift King
Drift King

Post by peterfaj »

I loved NFS when I was a kid, but I now like simulations more.
However, if it will feature stock (I'm starting to hate tuning more and more) supercars with nice (hopefully real) roads, fun gameplay and get rid of any story whatsoever, I doubt I'll be able to resist it.

Return to “News”