Another Hot Pursuit PC Patch Coming Soon

Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Another Hot Pursuit PC Patch Coming Soon

Post by Bojan »

Directly from CriterionGames:
Good news for PC players as we look to make the experience even better for those who have reported difficulties.
We hope to have another update coming through shortly that will look to address the following:

Groundcover Graphical Errors
When alt-tabbing, the groundcover would start to corrupt, causing random tree images to appear all over the screen.

Controller Configurations
On some machines controller configurations that have been set up for wheels, pads, etc are not saving correctly to a configuration file. This is now fixed.

Rare crash when entering the Career map screen
The game sometimes crashes when entering the Career map screen quickly after booting the game.

Rare crash when streaming graphical data

Steering response reported as having large dead zone

Player car engine volume too low

There remains an outstanding crash affecting players with AMD / ATI Radeon graphics cards if they have overridden the AA settings in the control centre. This occurs as you pick an event in the map screen prior to the car select.

Thankfully our friends at AMD/ATI have informed us that this will be fixed in the next release of AMD's drivers (10.12) around the second week of December.

Many thanks to the PC users who have reported problems and who have helped us investigate them further. We will update again when we know when the patch is likely to be with you all. If you find that you are having problems that are not addressed here or in the FAQ, please let us know by visiting bugzilla.criteriongames.com/pc

Criterion Games
levent13
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Another Hot Pursuit PC Patch Coming Soon

Post by levent13 »

sounds cool :D so i'm not the only one who can't hear well the car engine..
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

Yeah I've been having that 1st bug, good they fixin' it.
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

All hail Criterion Games. =D> =D>

I'm glad I just spent 34€ on my Hot Pursuit Limited Edition, I ordered it yesterday from the UK. I can't wait to receive it, let's hope the snow that covers Europe doesn't delay my game. :D

They really listened to the players and they are working really fast to solve all the problems. The first patch fixed some important things, and this second patch is also aimed at important things that need fixing, mainly these two:

- Steering response reported as having large dead zone
- Player car engine volume too low

Now I don't need to use a mod anymore to play with a wheel. Because I'm so addicted to this game with a wheel that I cannot go back to keyboard. :mrgreen: It is just so awesome! I hope the online is as much fun as the singleplayer career.

After this second patch I don't think we will need any more fixes or improvements, just some high quality and free DLC, mainly new cars and gameplay modes to keep the game "alive". Still, the career seems long enough, I have reached the 9 hours mark and there's still a lot of events and cars to unlock. :D

Thanks Criterion, good job. You deserved my money. And that's saying a lot. :)
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

Great support so far, good to see that they don't just abandon the game after it's release.
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Now i hope EA lets them release DLC for PC.

Anyway:

Steering response reported as having large dead zone - will this affect everyone? (i mean, will it change something directly in game making the cars respond even faster or only something for wheels and controllers?)

And the player vehicle volume too low....
i hope they wont just up the volume on every car, only on those problematic ones :D
MEFF1091
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MEFF1091 »

game needs antialiasing option on its own and needs framerate fix on certain places of the tracks. game slutters so much in this places
[T][U][N][3][R]
Drift King
Drift King

Post by [T][U][N][3][R] »

MEFF1091 wrote:game needs antialiasing option on its own and needs framerate fix on certain places of the tracks. game slutters so much in this places
Stutters when a huge crash takes place, normal and barely noticeable if you ask me...
Levthon
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Levthon »

so far Pro Street have the best engine sounds.
levent13
Ricer
Ricer

Post by levent13 »

just a question does the Update from the consoles count as a Patch?
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Meh, Soon is kinda wrong. Christmas is almost there and there's no patch. They sure as hell are not going to work during christmas, so my guess is somewhere in january 2011....i don't think that is "Soon".
T0MMY
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by T0MMY »

typical EA attitude towards PC NFS players, always get stuff slower and lesser compare to consoles
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*

Return to “News”