Extreme crashing issues on NFS:TR PC version

2011 Need for Speed The Run
miker00lz
Stock
Stock

Extreme crashing issues on NFS:TR PC version

Post by miker00lz »

Does anybody know of a way to fix the frequent crashes in The Run? I know people complain about it, but for me I mean it is REALLY a huge problem. It literally crashes for me 2 or 3 times an hour, and it almost always happens near the end of a stage so that REALLY pisses me off since you can't select a specific track to start on. You can only select the stage and you start at it's first course.

I just tonight have been trying to beat stage 8, but of course it crashes within a few minutes of the stage ending. I've just gone through the whole thing *FOUR TIMES* and again it just crashed on me, so I hope somebody knows something I don't that can stop or at least make the crashes less frequent.

I've got it patched to the latest version. It crashed a lot less with the original retail version 1.0, without patches... but the retail has the ridiculous 30 FPS cap. Kinda makes me wonder if the reason for the FPS cap was more frequent crashing at higher frame rates, but the devs didn't know how to fix it.

I've got the latest drivers for my video card, but I can say for sure it has nothing to do with my specific PC setup. I have the game installed on 3 different computers in my house.

System 1:
- AMD FX-8150 8 core overclocked to 4.4 GHz (the OC is completely stable)
- Radeon HD 7790 OC video card
- Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
- 4 GB RAM

System 2:
- AMD 6-core Bulldozer (I'm forgetting the exact model right now)
- NVidia GeForce 9800 GT
- Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- 4 GB RAM

System 3:
- Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 GHz
- NVidia Geforce 9600 GSO
- Windows 8 32-bit
- 2 GB RAM

So as you can see, the exact same problem is happening on a variety of different hardware. It certainly has nothing to do with my computers. I'm pretty good with computers and troubleshooting, I'm a C/C++ and x86 assembly expert so I'm not exactly a PC noob here, but I've done everything I can possibly think of and no dice.

Hopefully somebody on here knows something I don't about the game and how to reduce the crashing frequency. If it keeps up like this, it won't be long before I snap the disc in half in a rage and toss it out the window! EA doesn't even seem to have a forum for The Run anymore, which is not even a 2 year old game. Clearly they don't give a shiznit about their customers, so I'm turning to this forum for advice!

:evil:
miker00lz
Stock
Stock

Re: Extreme crashing issues on NFS:TR PC version

Post by miker00lz »

...aaaaand there it crashed again. This time RIGHT after beating the last course on stage 8, but just before it would have SAVED MY GAME! That is f**king awesome. Good job, EA.

Return to “The Run”