Vinyl template

Discuss editing Need for Speed Underground.
slaer07
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Vinyl template

Post by slaer07 »

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but where can I get all the templates for the cars?
D!G!TAL3RROR
Ricer
Ricer

Post by D!G!TAL3RROR »

yea its come up thousands of times...next time just search for it... you can get them here tho

http://www.mcm2extreme.com/files/pafile ... gory&id=11
slaer07
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by slaer07 »

That page is dead, which is why I made this topic. Any others?
manuel
Ricer
Ricer

Post by manuel »

I cant wait to see who wins, ive added mine and will be happy to post it here wen we all see the winners !! :P
slaer07
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by slaer07 »

Ummm, what?
Extreme_uk
Stock
Stock

Post by Extreme_uk »

Sorry about that guys but the all the templates r back up now
The server carshed on me so im still trying to get everything back as it was.

http://www.mcm2extreme.com/files/pafile ... gory&id=11

Extreme
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

thanks, this link is ok. ;) all vinils that i have done was made without any tmplates. =)
MadDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MadDawg »

um i ahve a question about these templates. What do u save them as? dds?... What bin does it go in textures.bin, vinyls.bin, or geometry.bin? or is there a turtorial or something that tells how to do this type of thing for the full body templates?

by the way im using the skyline one and when i opened it it was saved as a psd.

Thanks,
MadDawg
toineed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by toineed »

the templates are just guide lines for making a vinyl. I always use a template because it's easy to lacota where is what on the car. And when i think the car is done i delete the layers of the template. Sometimes i even make a template vinyl and import it in the game so u see where everthing is at.
MadDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MadDawg »

oh, well that stinks. i have one all setup the way i like it and stuff and now i can't even put it on. that really sucks lol. i have it set so its like a full body vinyle/ unique vinyle thing but using the teamplte thing. so your saying i would have to make each one of the pics as a seperate vinyle or something? b/c if i did that how would i know how to make it so each pic shows up in the right spot? well im confused now i thought i was going to be able to make these things but it turns out its going to be even harder then i thought. well heres a pic of what i was working i have a few like this but with differnet characters from tv shows.
Attachments
Skyline_template_bart.jpg
(61.85 KiB) Downloaded 4335 times
toineed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by toineed »

No you did fine but now you need to delete the layers with the grey lines and the layer with the white(atleast if you don't want a white car al the time. Then flatten the image save ass example SKYLINE_CUSTOM1.dds
Then you must make the pics of bart white select a layer with a bart pic and go to layer/layerstyle/coloroverlay. And choose white. You must make the letters white too. When you have don that flatten and save as SKYLINE_CUSTOM1_MASK.dds
MadDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MadDawg »

for some reason i cant delete any of the stuff wihtout deleting the bart pictures
toineed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by toineed »

Are you using photoshop? If so its best too make every new thing in a new layer. Never make on the same layer cause if you firetruck up it's sometimes hard to edit it.To view layers go to Window/layers well the template was a psd and a psd file is always saved in layers so it is smart when you are finished too safe as psd so you can always edit it.
MadDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MadDawg »

im using paintshop pro 8
toineed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by toineed »

Wel i don't use painshop but its almost the same as photoshop but i think that in paintshop pro must be something like layers. Maybe search on google for more info about paintshop
MadDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MadDawg »

i think i got it figured out i have jsut the picks with the checkerd background now so its only the pics there. ill follow your other instructions and see if it works.
toineed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by toineed »

ok just post when you got stuck
MadDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MadDawg »

i thought i got it but i guess not i saved it and stuff but it didnt work ll i saw was a black screen which isnt rite so can i jsut send u the psd of the template after i put the pics on that i wnat and where and then have u jsut edited it into what its supposed ot look like?
toineed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by toineed »

ok toineed@hotmail.com if the file is not to big
MadDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MadDawg »

ok im just editing a few stuff then ill send them
MadDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MadDawg »

ok better idea i put tehm into a zip file and uploaded i to me webspace. heres the link for the zip file. http://66.72.214.141/clansfu/Skyline_te ... inylst.zip
toineed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by toineed »

Well i edited one of them and i get and error when i try to import it in bintex doesn't work. :?: don't know what the problem is i tried a other one but the same thing.
MadDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MadDawg »

thats wierd what kind of error?
MadDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MadDawg »

Hey i was able to delete all of the layers except one but i was able to make a vinyle and here it is my first ever that worked. u will most likely see waht layer im talking about when u look at it(wiretemplate layer.)

A bit of editing and i think it will look perfect by the way the pics on there arent supposed to be that bluish color got to fidle with that to try to change it back to normal lol.
demonj0e
Ricer
Ricer

Post by demonj0e »

kool dose anyone know how to delete only the car template without deleting the pics i put of the car im using paint shop pro 8

Return to “Editing”