Stupidest Thing Youve Done In a Car?

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Stupidest Thing Youve Done In a Car?

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

This is basically a follow-up thread to the fastest youve ever been one. Here you can describe the stupidest thing youve done whilst driving, or what someone else has done while youve been in the car.

Suppose I better start..

Entering a Round-a-bout sideways at 80mph. I think that covers my stupidest stunt.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Had no driving license, was 17-ish, took my friends car (on his permission, while my friend was away for a weekend) and drove it around for fun around the block. It was getting dark. I drove it down a road into a forrest, and than 200m on I realized that road was getting only good for SUV. It was so narrow, that I had to back up 200m to the main road, it's a main rule - don't drive backwards. But I didn't know about it. So I got off the line a bit and slid down the road into a ditch, but didn't flip it. My other friend came over and pulled it out with his 540i BMW. I had spen all night buffing up the scratched doors, sideview mirrors. I washed the car, than drove it around and got it averagely dirty, just like my friend left it to me. Thank god he didn't check the odometer.
ON the picture it looks similar, although I had the rear end more down there, you actually couldn't see it from the road.

He still doesn't know about it... Or he does, and is cool enough not to talk to me about it. It's the dumbest thing I did.
Attachments
like that.jpg
(123.9 KiB) Downloaded 8285 times
Last edited by UrQuattro on 17 Jul 2004, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
exonn
Professional
Professional

Post by exonn »

thet dummest thing what we did is escaped from car crash. we drive backwords and hit the golf.we escaped, why? nobody knows, it was the first reaction, we just escaped and thats it. if we wuld be in place nothing wuld happend, but we escaped and police was chasing us and ofcorse get us. so were criminals and nobody knows why. the stupiest thing what hapends to me...
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I was 14, and was in my village. Me and my friends took an old tractor and throw it down a hill LOL (no hurted/dead ppl :D)

the owner of tractor is still searching who has broken it :D
Attachments
John-Deere-Tractor.jpg
(56.69 KiB) Downloaded 8268 times
Nitrokitty
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitrokitty »

Bumped my dad's SLK Kompressor in the back with my Festiva. Caused about $7,000 in cosmetic damage and pushed the rear passenger side wheel forward 1/4 of an inch. We eventually had to sell it anyway after he passed. There was no way we could afford the repair bill and insurance on a car no one will be able to drive. We eventually sold it to a collector who was gracious enough to take it off our hands. ^^;;
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

hey Kitty welcome to the forums! it is nice to see a girl around here. Nice signature xDD

Too bad what you did in that SLK... My father would killed me! lol
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Don't think what happens if you drive into my father's E-Class 240. :shock:
Nitrokitty
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitrokitty »

Dani350z wrote:hey Kitty welcome to the forums! it is nice to see a girl around here. Nice signature xDD

Too bad what you did in that SLK... My father would killed me! lol
Actually, I was in my little Festiva...I backed into the SLK. ^^;;;;

And thanks! I'm really enjoying it here...the people are so friendly!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

lol is this your car Kitty???

heheh.....

I never knew what car it was so I googled it...

hda a weird feeling it was a ford... cause we have a Ford Fiësta here....
But I rather call it the Ford Siësta.... cause it's so boring....
Nitrokitty
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitrokitty »

LOL! Actually, that looks like some kind of weird rally version of it!

Here's what the Festiva looks like, I have a 1993. Mine's a red 2-door. ^^

TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

the worse thing I did....

starting to teach those Kids to drive.... :P

hehehe Just kiddin
Nitrokitty
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitrokitty »

That's mean! *cries*
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

I've done nothing bad in a car, but If I would be a cop..

Then the worst thing I did was to flash speeding cars. :lol:
Matrix//Chick
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Matrix//Chick »

I hit my mailbox with my old Jeep....That's the worst I've done..... 8)
remaxos
Ricer
Ricer

Post by remaxos »

I hit a taxi driver who was driving on a one way street. I was in my Honda civic that i just finished painting and i took it for a first drive . I wanted to kill hip!!!!!!!! But he payed for the damage.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

like I said I was just kiddin.....

I like my job!

but really the only thing I did was in my days as a Toyota Sales advisor, and I had to make digital pictures of the cars wich are for sale and I was taking a Corolla back to it's place and I drove it backwards into the place and drove into a brand new Avensis and made 1200 Euro of damage.
I thought it would fit...

LOL but it did not...
Sergio
UMP Lead Producer
UMP Lead Producer

Post by Sergio »

haah..nothing..i am good boy...unital i got my license...and now after having it like for 6 days..nothing still happened to me.....exept i drive little too fast
´07 Opel Astra 1.6 TURBO
´97 Mitsubishi Eclipse Rs (Sold)
MikeFarrar
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by MikeFarrar »

the stupidest thing i ever did was doing a burnout in front of a mates house. A cop came over and saw me doing burnouts and i got my license suspended. After that i vowed never to do a burnout again. (Apart from the wheelspin i get from hitting the accelerator).

~Mike
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Stupid cops trying to make money... :x

They almost can say: Pull over. Your license is suspended because you drove away with wheelspin.
JD
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by JD »

I haven't done anything stupid so far (got my license in November last year). It's mainly because I experienced 2 crashes before I got my license, so I know what it's like..
Of course, it doesn't mean I drive slow, I actually drive quite fast, even payed few tickets, but the thing is that I'm more careful then most of other drivers out there.
ViperJay
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ViperJay »

I try to don't do stupid things when I'm driving...btw, sometimes I like speeding a bit, but only if I'm alone in the car and only in streets with no traffic (and all curve-made).
btw, perhaps a stupid thing I've made is make my daddy saab 95 slide with its rear for a whole 180° turn in a street outside the town. I was coming into it very fast, just a hard brake for a second, a bit of hand brake and a very violent steering wheel turn...the patricular slope made the rest...difficult because that car had a great grip, but very funny :D ...btw, stupid thing cause that was a 2 way street, with no much visual space.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

ViperJay wrote: btw, perhaps a stupid thing I've made is make my daddy saab 95 slide with its rear for a whole 180° turn in a street outside the town. I was coming into it very fast, just a hard brake for a second, a bit of hand brake and a very violent steering wheel turn...the patricular slope made the rest...difficult because that car had a great grip, but very funny :D ...btw, stupid thing cause that was a 2 way street, with no much visual space.

Ill discribe that as one :P

@ PSZeTa: They won't suspend your licence for that M8... you have to do more then that.... you have to do something worse then that
(atleast here in The Netherlands that is but I think in most countries)
The can only give you a ticket for exesive sound and for the smoke (bad for inviroment) maybe if you do a Huge burnout and smoke the complete street.... you get a ticket for endangering the traffic... (artikel 5 WvW ( 5th art. dutch traffic Law)) and that will cost you big bucks.... but he... you have to make a HUGE burn for that.. :D
Morty
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Morty »

The most stupid thing I've done with a car is wrecking my dad's old Toyota Carina II in January. It was no grip at all, and snowing, so I should have driven a little slower. In the corner before the crash my front wheels slipped, but nothing happend, so I kept going. I'm not sure what speed I had, but I think I had around 50 kph, maybe a little less.

So, when I entered the next corner, my front wheels slipped again, and I made the biggest mistake so far. Instead of hitting the accelerator, I jumped on the brakes, which caused the car to go straight ahead and straight on to the end of a crash fence, which goes like this: /TT\.

So me, my dad and the Toyota jumped up on the fence, slided on top of it for about 10-15 metres, hit a tree with the left front wheel 2 metres over the road, and jumped down on the road again. The car wouldn't move, the wheel was kinda wrecked, and there was no point in using €3000 to repair a car worth €1000...
Grez@Veilside_Supra_TT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Grez@Veilside_Supra_TT »

I nearly had another moment today. Driving home, doing about 80mph, got stuck behind a slow moving vauxhall corsa. Followed it at 40mph for a couple of hundred metres, went to overtake, planted my foot to the floor when i felt the wheels skip. Id hit a bump just as my turbos spooled up, and my rear wheels didnt like it, so they slid out to the side (not by much, but it was enough to scare the crap out of me lol)
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Yup, I know Stig. Big ricey exhaust pipes with too much sound and Golfs doing burnouts. :P

@Grez.

Never, never do that again. You might lose your Supra, or yourself. :wink:

Return to “The Cars”