Bicyclism! ! !

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

Just got back from a sweet ride. Went up this trail that crosses a river like 7 times, and it was way freakin fun. Youd be haulin butt down it and see a river crossing ahead and just lean back and ride it. My good ol Diamondback Topanga Comp did great! Recomemded bike! Same one in my sig Below \:D/
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

It's hard to see the bike in your sig coz it's too dark! Can you post it? Yeah I also recomend any Diamondback they are realy great!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

Ok, here are my 2 diamondbacks, a diamondback topanga comp mountain bike, and a Diamondback session bmx bike.

http://www.diamondback.com/items.asp?de ... itemid=132

http://www.diamondbackbmx.com/items.asp ... itemid=129\

EDIT
Instead of double posting i will edit!
Ok, so im in the process of compiling a bunch of my friends and i's video clips, of biking that is, so i took some screenies that i thought some of you might find amusing, enjoy. Sorry for the bad quality.
Attachments
Air! 2
Air! 2
Air!
Air!
Pawnd
Pawnd
Th Aftermath
Th Aftermath
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Seems that you are realy into that bike stuff!? I could also take some photos of my and my friends jumping!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

Kid Cro wrote:Seems that you are realy into that bike stuff!? I could also take some photos of my and my friends jumping!
ya.....

EDIT
Ya dude post your pics i want to see them!
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Ok! I will, infact I'm going on one small mountain this week so I will take pics there! :wink:
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GLoPJe »

t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

WTF.. the guy was doin burnouts.....I could have sworn I saw smoke!!
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Yeah I saw a smoke too! But I tryed that and it's way to hard to do it! I tryed that before I saw video! Maybe the tires are slick! Mines are offroad!
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

i as well, you have to lean forward really far. BTW does anyone else here BMX? not race just jump and stuff, like my post above?
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GLoPJe »

strange i tryed it but i couldn't do it :cry:
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

He probably oiled the tires with something...
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Dragster wrote:He probably oiled the tires with something...
:roll: Yeah right, there would not be a smoke if he oiled the tires plus there will be a oil on the ground and I dont see anything! :wink:
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

I said with something -.- I didn't say KITCHEN OIL... I'm pretty sure there is a fluid that enhances burning...
t3ice
Professional
Professional

Post by t3ice »

I think he used a fluid or somethin, too, Because the skid marks on the ground look ...
according to me....a little shiny.

Hey, but I doubt its available EVERYWHERE in the Middle East......cuz I've never seen such a thing!
boroboyben
Ricer
Ricer

Post by boroboyben »

Rgiht heres mine bvefore and after my crash :lol: and some of me when i crashed :( go to http://Bens-site-2006.piczo.com and goto bmx project and bmx crash i like the pics on it
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

rofl, those are awesome!
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

*big topickick*

Hola, I plan on upgrading my bike (more like completely changing it), which is a POS Renault Beat T5 that I got from Halfords. Halfords POS bikes ftw. :')

So I got some few questions..

-Does anyone have those Shimano Dual Control shifters? If yes, are they better than Shimano's Rapidshifts?
-How is OCTALINK compared to the traditional square-taper crank connection?
-Do you need to replace the derailler if you go from a 7-speed to a 9-speed cassette?

I'm currently looking for a new wheelset+hubs, a mechanical discbrake for the front, a new bottombracket, crankset, rear cassette and Dual Control Deore LX/XT shifters. I should be coming around 400 Euros if I get some parts from eBay.(If necessary even second hand)
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Piczo.com wrote:No Such Web Site

Oops! We can't find the Piczo site that you're looking for. Please check with the owner of the site for the correct URL.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

You do realize you're quoting a reply from nearly 8 months ago, right?

Umm, let's see if I can say something about bikes to stay on-topic...

I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike.
I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like!

:>
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

PSzeta, Dual Control is very personal you should try to borrow or test a bike that has them, to form your own opinion.

I got LX dual controls on my normal bike I go to work with (a Batavus) I also had them on 1 of my MTB's but got XTR rapidfire plus shifters because they where lighter but because I didn't like the Dual controls

You can't use a 7 speed rear derailleur on a 9 speed system because it does not have enough range the other way around does work.
But then the rear derailleur is not the most expensive part.

The diffirence between octalink and a square taper crankset is that the Octalink is more stiff then a quare axle. but with that comes a problem because the axle is bigger there is -less room for the bearings so they are not as stong as those from a square taper bottom bracket. so it will wear quicker.
Don't worry they are not that bad, but they won't last 10.000 km+ like a square taper will.
The new Hollowtech II system by shimano is also pretty good, yet again they won't last superlong like the square taper but they are easy to work with and are alot lighter and really stiff and strong.
And it's a combined set so the BB and Cranks are bought as 1 (but bearings can be replace so you don't have to trow the set away when they bearings are shot.)

If you are planning on a LX XT combo.

I would go with this
- XT dualcontrols, yes they are more expensive but they simply do shift better then the LX version and they will last longer cause they used less plastic and more alloy and still it is lighter then the LX but that is less important for in this case.
- XT rear derailleur. basicly same reason as the dual controls the XT will last longer and is quiet alot lighter.
- LX front derailleur, simple reason you don't use it as often as the the rear and the LX is just as strong as the XT and because you don't use it as often it will last a long time.
- Crankset Deore LX Hollowtech II with integrated BB, it's basicly the same as the XT but it has steel chainrings although they are heavier they will last alot longer then the alloy chainrings on the XT and you will have less "chainsuck" then with the alloy XT chainrings. Other reason for the new hollowtech II system... they look great :wink:
- Cassette and Chain: I think LX will do just fine but if you want abit more bling get a XT cassete if you can spare the money cause they got a nice 5 arm spider.
A other option is a SRAM 9.0 cassette it is a "old" model from SRAM but it is XT quality and got the same looks but because it's now called SRAM 990 instead of SRAM 9.0 you can often find it for little money if it has the old name :wink:
- Wheels...
A wheelset with XT hubs some DT spokes and Mavic rims should not be to expensive and with the XT hubs you got a really solid long lasting wheelset. without a high pricetag

If you want help finding stuff just let me know. btw the list I mentioned you should be able to get quiet abit under the 400 :wink:
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

TheStig wrote:If you want help finding stuff just let me know. btw the list I mentioned you should be able to get quiet abit under the 400 :wink:
Thanks. :D I've seen a lot on eBay, so I should be good to go. Just not so sure about the wheels, do you need a standard rim width or is any size fine? I'd like to have wheels that can be used with both V-brakes and disc brakes since I'm going with disc in the front and v-brakes in the back.

Also, what's better? A long cage or short cage derailleur?

Oh, and one more question. :P How do you maintain your chain/cassette/crank properly?
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

As for rims get a standard rimsize. and make sure it will be rimbrake compatible.
There are often complete wheels for sale that are Disc and V-brake compatible.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

http://www.mavic.com/ewb_pages/p/piste_ ... annee=2007

Do you think it's good with the standard Mavic hub? I just need some well-priced durable rims that'll mostly be used for road riding, and few times offroading.

I've also used http://www.mtbr.com for some reviews on components. The XT cassettes seem to be somewhat weak?
Carcrazy
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Carcrazy »

This sucks, I had a blow-out on my bike while I was showing off to this hot girl last week and dont have the money for a new tire. I used to beable to do burnouts and drift on it and stuff cuz I broke it in really well, but now theres a huge hole in the tire cuz i held the drift to long. This sux! :X

Return to “General Discussion”