Skipping early uniques?

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
EApirate
Ricer
Ricer

Skipping early uniques?

Post by EApirate »

I started the game over so I could skip the first unique upgrade option and save it for later, only to find out now that it isn't available. Has anyone else tried this? I'll be damned if I have to put a unique on a useless level 1/2 car. It looks like I need a savegame editor now :(

What a horrible design decision.
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

wtf u can do that?
EApirate
Ricer
Ricer

Post by EApirate »

No apparently you can't. That's my point of this post. Skipped the special objective (star on the map) to race to the body shop in like a minute or so. I figured I'd leave it there until I got my Audi TT again. It was gone as soon as I advanced to the next set of races. It sucks but someone will make a save editor eventually and I'll tune my car how I want it. I'm amazed that in a game all about building your favorite ride up they would screw you on the uniques.
Morning
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Morning »

hey, i have the same question too.. but also
since i only did 2-3 outruns at the start, and on the assumption that i could do the outruns and get unique parts in later stages.... i didn't get the unique parts....
so is there no way to get them after u've completed the game? (besides starting over ^.^)

and u can't 'save' unique items to put on ur favourite/main car......
if that's the case....
can anyone post the unique items and in what stage you get them at so i can see if its worth starting the game again........ >.<
but yeh, i hope there will be some sort of save game editor, but i think its a bit early to ask for one now lol =) sigh >.<
EApirate
Ricer
Ricer

Post by EApirate »

Nope it looks like there's no way without cheating. What a load of crap. This bums my game experience to the point I've lost alot of interest in even playing it.

I opened up two more uniques, saved the game and proceeded to finish another set of races and I lost the unique quests again. They better patch this crap.
denny1969
Stock
Stock

level specific uniqus

Post by denny1969 »

I agree... I was saving my unique parts for the 350, but once you finish lvl2 they disappear. That stunk... I love the game but would like to put the unique parts on the car I WANT to drive. This must be an over site. :evil:
n00bjabi
Stock
Stock

Post by n00bjabi »

i had the same problem, i finished the game with my supra- and was going to do all the outruns so i can get the uniques AFTER the game was beaten, so i didn't have to worry about races, and then this crap starts up. this really really sucks =(
PSiTorque
Ricer
Ricer

Post by PSiTorque »

damn...are you sure about this bros?

im planning to do it also..installing it for my real ride...

actually i have the first unique upgrade..that star on jackson heaghts and

nd im not racin it till i get my RX

...are you sure it will be gone?
DenZer
Drift King
Drift King

Post by DenZer »

YuP, you can't wait till you get the car you want, you have to do them when they come on the map. .. .

I don't know if you can wait with the outruns until you get the car you want, and then get all of the uniques, but i doubt it :(
EApirate
Ricer
Ricer

Post by EApirate »

Yeah I think there's a set number of outruns you can race per stage. I hope they fix this in a coming patch. There are definately some issues left.
C8H10N4HO2O2
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada (Yes I live in an Igloo, moron)

Post by C8H10N4HO2O2 »

I started, deleted and restarted 3 times and I've found this a pretty good stratagy.

Race all races except for the URLs, save them all till the very last. Use the World map in the Garage to clean up any races you can't find. (Don't forget to switch to an SUV for the SUV races)

After there all done save for the URLs do the Outruns until you get the Uniques and all the Outruns dissapear and your only left with the URLs.

Do the URLs and volia.
captain nellie
Ricer
Ricer

Post by captain nellie »

well URL's are what you get cars doing.. i've done the URL's first, getting the new cars i had the rx-7 at 40%, and the volkswagen gti at 34% which is what i've been using since i got it, have the unique rims/engine/nos/wide body/hood/ecu on it, and still doing some more outruns, but nobody is out anymore it seems...
nxnos
Stock
Stock

Post by nxnos »

C8H10N4HO2O2 wrote:I started, deleted and restarted 3 times and I've found this a pretty good stratagy.

Race all races except for the URLs, save them all till the very last. Use the World map in the Garage to clean up any races you can't find. (Don't forget to switch to an SUV for the SUV races)

After there all done save for the URLs do the Outruns until you get the Uniques and all the Outruns dissapear and your only left with the URLs.

Do the URLs and volia.

did you mean?
wait until more% then finsh URL races at the last so we can get more cars at the early stage?

sorry for my english

Return to “Underground 2”