whats the point in carbon fiber?

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
Element9846
Ricer
Ricer

whats the point in carbon fiber?

Post by Element9846 »

whats it really do for you....all i see it do is simply decrease your visual rating but the sms acts like its ecu upgrade or something
slaer07
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by slaer07 »

erm, itl increase your rating, and since its lighter, you'll have better handling.
Slash
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Slash »

Did ea every come threw with that idea that differnt body parts makes ur car go faster? If they did it wud make sense if you have carbon fiber on your car it shud increase the acceleration.
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

carbon fibre is a lightweight material...its expensive..wel the nice brands neways....
hardvibes03
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hardvibes03 »

slaer07 wrote:since its lighter, you'll have better handling.
sure about that? :? (in the game I mean)
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

in the game... I think it has only a visual meaning nothing more!
(wich I don't even LIKE!)
MarlboroMan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MarlboroMan »

err...i am not sure about the carbon yet, but i can confirm IN THE GAME, WIDEBODY does enhance your handling !! its a noticeable change, and in the cars status bar i notice the handling stats bar does grow longer after the widebody is applied. heres a link to the picture. My miata actually got less than full bar before the widebody comes in, but after that it shows full bar, it couldn't be any performance part i missed out.

http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... c&start=20

* I know this sounds ridiculous, but you can try measure the handling stats bar with a ruler on your monitor, and most of the widebody kit ain't looking good. this is unfair to players.
Radiokrimen
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Radiokrimen »

yeah widebodykits improve the handling 100% sure!!
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

haven't noticed it... and same goes for most of the body stuff people claimed to be better handling... like lvl3 parts compared to lvl2 or 1 body stuff...
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

i dont think taht visual upgrades improve handling, except spoilers/front bumpers which can be dynoed...

the wide body kit didnt make any handling difference on my car... it just boosted it into a ten star car
Nomad
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nomad »

Different rated skirt's and widebody kits don't really do anything to your car off the bat. All the do is add to the range you can adjust for front and rear downforce. But they can either increase the handling of your car, or make it worse - depending on how you tune the downforce.
Too much downforce can ruin your top speed, wile too little and you could end up doing donut's wile taking a 140 MPH turn.

For example, a low rated spoiler will have a really small rear downforce adjustment slider. Something like this <==0=>. Where as the highest rated spoilers will have a large rear downforce adjustment slider, such as this <======0==>. Same idea for frontal skirt's.
Widebody kit's automaticly max out the front and read slider to their max size to a full adjustment range.

Whether the skirts or widebody kit's are corbon fiber makes no difference at all except for looks.
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

TheStig wrote:in the game... I think it has only a visual meaning nothing more!
(wich I don't even LIKE!)
I don't agree, It's for visual only, but it looks pretty good on th eright car (colour) :)
The Flying Dragon
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by The Flying Dragon »

carbon fibre can look really nice if used properly...otherwise..it makes the care really ugly..i personally like carbon fibre...but not on all cars though..carbon fribre merc anyone?
deltaxi179
Ricer
Ricer

Post by deltaxi179 »

Within the game, CF only improves your visual rating, not handling. I can provide screenshots if you want evidence.
flyby
Drift King
Drift King

Post by flyby »

but it looks fast. :)
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

TheStig wrote:haven't noticed it... and same goes for most of the body stuff people claimed to be better handling... like lvl3 parts compared to lvl2 or 1 body stuff...
Yeah the same here....
I think people is getting paranoic.

Do you remember when, months ago, some people said: "hey I see damage in that screenshot" .... "Now Im sure there will be damage" etc. :D

but he.. it could be truth the handing thing.
MarlboroMan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MarlboroMan »

Nomad wrote:Different rated skirt's and widebody kits don't really do anything to your car off the bat. All the do is add to the range you can adjust for front and rear downforce. But they can either increase the handling of your car, or make it worse - depending on how you tune the downforce.
Too much downforce can ruin your top speed, wile too little and you could end up doing donut's wile taking a 140 MPH turn.

For example, a low rated spoiler will have a really small rear downforce adjustment slider. Something like this <==0=>. Where as the highest rated spoilers will have a large rear downforce adjustment slider, such as this <======0==>. Same idea for frontal skirt's.
Widebody kit's automaticly max out the front and read slider to their max size to a full adjustment range.

Whether the skirts or widebody kit's are corbon fiber makes no difference at all except for looks.
Okay, i believe that the effect is not too much, and it depends on cars too, i put it on the IS300, it just a slight change (real little change), but on the miata it is noticeable change even when you drive.

i have a proof screenshot for the widebody(when i try out the carbon fibre body i will let you guys know). Yes i'd say that this is so unfair, and widebody kit does looks real ugly on certain cars. yet you have to put it on to get little extra handling, this is nuts.....
Attachments
Before.jpg
Before
(83.31 KiB) Downloaded 3099 times
After.jpg
After
(86.26 KiB) Downloaded 3099 times
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

well malboroman, u seem to have the point on it. widebodys do improve handling in the game... might be the lower centre of gravity? ;-)
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Or increased ground effect.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

MarlboroMan wrote:yet you have to put it on to get little extra handling, this is nuts.....
OK, so the handling does improve just by looking at the Handling bar. But can you actually feel the handling is much better than before, after putting the W.B.K, while driving?
MarlboroMan
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by MarlboroMan »

909, vellu.....
well, i bet you are both right.
then width from left wheels to right wheels getting wider, i bet that it has wider wheel base or somewhat, you can say it has lower center of gravity too. cause when you compare the ratio of height vs width of the car. most GT cars got widebody to gain down-force/ground effect (stick your car on the ground), lightweight (dry carbon body), earodynamics (lower Cd a.k.a. Coefficient of Drag), cooling (more efficient, bigger air vents) and more.....

Andre_online.....
I can feel it, for example, i can do more accurate drift (more chance to drift very close to the inline wall/houses etc while not hitting it, and yet more stable while drifting, generally it turns more effectively). in normal out-run, cicuit etc. (not downhill drift event, i suck in it)
**this is my own opinion driving it, perhaps you guys prefer some other setup.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Andre_online wrote:OK, so the handling does improve just by looking at the Handling bar. But can you actually feel the handling is much better than before, after putting the W.B.K, while driving?
On some cars more then others. Yes, you can feel a difference. But it's-not-that-big a difference that one would absolutely necessary need to put wbk on. This also depends greatly on ones style of driving. Do you prefer a car that slides more easily, or do you want a car that sticks to road like glue?

Return to “Underground 2”