driving techniques

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
flat6tt
Ricer
Ricer

driving techniques

Post by flat6tt »

Just post any techniques or ways u turn, use NOS, etc.

...Does anyone know how to do burnouts and donuts?
jemc
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by jemc »

burnouts are easy. press the bake and then accelerate. dounuts? :shock:
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

i ususally goto Coutry Style for dounuts...

maybe the BK ads in the game offer goodies too :-D
KidZer0
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: driving techniques

Post by KidZer0 »

flat6tt wrote:Just post any techniques or ways u turn, use NOS, etc.
I usually use the handbrake when I turn.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Donuts are easy. Find a wide open space. STOP. Shift to neutral (manual box of course) rev the engine, hit the 1st gear and turn tight. Any car at level 3 should spin 360 atleast once. Some cars (Mustang, 350Z) will spin forever unless you hit something.

Driving styles. Hmm. For circuits, sprints and URL's I try to keep the car from sliding (hand brake is a no-no) because any wheel spin will slow you down. Same is true for Street-X, but not quite as much (speeds are generally slow anyway).

Only place where you might need hand brake is DRIFT, even then it depends on the car you are driving. Some slide very easily. Some won't at all without hand brake.

Drag is fairly straight forward. Try to save a bit of NOS for the finishing line in case it gets close.
Corolla GTS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Corolla GTS »

I can do donuts in my level 1 civic. They don't last long, though.
Use your Ntrous in a Drag race when you are drafting. That's how I do it, and it works 95% of the time.
thecypher
Ricer
Ricer

Post by thecypher »

well..i drift in most cornering..believe me..it's faster if you slide at the best lines of the track..i bet drifting is faster than grip driving!~ 8) proven though..
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Oh really? Want to bet? Most corners are so wide, drifting will only slow you down.
KidZer0
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by KidZer0 »

Well whatever slows you down, you can always use N2O to gain speed back.
Corolla GTS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Corolla GTS »

thecypher wrote:well..i drift in most cornering..believe me..it's faster if you slide at the best lines of the track..i bet drifting is faster than grip driving!~ 8) proven though...
Nope, no way.
PSZeTa wrote:Oh really? Want to bet? Most corners are so wide, drifting will only slow you down.
So true.
JEX420
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by JEX420 »

:roll:
ernasty
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ernasty »

yeah, the IGN reviewer said he preferred to use the handbrake, and it worked well for him...he must have been playing on easy

cypher what car do you use to do your slide turns because maybe, just maybe, that is why you find it successful
articzap
Ricer
Ricer

Post by articzap »

Real life proves sliding is faster. Especailly on the streets where you can't around at high speed. No ones driving with F1 tires on there cars here.
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

vellu wrote:Only place where you might need hand brake is DRIFT, even then it depends on the car you are driving. Some slide very easily. Some won't at all without hand brake.
Not it it's set up correctly, no car should depend on the handbrake (anybody really familiar with the sport will tell you it's not much more than a noobie tactic anyway).
thecypher
Ricer
Ricer

Post by thecypher »

ernasty wrote:yeah, the IGN reviewer said he preferred to use the handbrake, and it worked well for him...he must have been playing on easy

cypher what car do you use to do your slide turns because maybe, just maybe, that is why you find it successful
i drive my ae86 all the times..and i compare the times with each track and laps with the other cars..seems like my ae86 is faster..ae86 is easy to slide and countersteer (tuned). i dont use e-brake to slide..just downshift a couple of gears and release the gas a bit to slide the rear out..and i will downshift one gear and use the e-brake when i feel understeer...well thats my opinion..
if you're good enough to slide at the best line of corners..believe me it's faast :wink:
flat6tt
Ricer
Ricer

Post by flat6tt »

In the game I find sliding really slow, especially lots of wheelspin.

Just braking and turning seems slow as my speed decreases but overall takes less time to complete the turn.
^StephaNOS^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^StephaNOS^ »

I dont use the brake only the handbrake.
ernasty
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ernasty »

the only way to have fun when you're playin on easy is to slide out on the turns, or just use the wall to turn (which by the way is fantastically cheap)

and sliding gives you n2o if you don't hit the wall
206p
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 206p »

i just leave the accllration(bad grammer) and turn and hit the pedal and n0s 8)
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

i have half level 1 and half level 2 and i can do doughnuts allt he time for as long as i want, i can even do dounuts around things..... its not hard
DJ_Zephyr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DJ_Zephyr »

I got a bit carried away here, sorry! :roll:

Handbrake usage is a matter of judgement on most turns. Using it on an intersection may result in your car flying past the intended target road. Never use the handbrake at 100+ mph, it never fails to mess me up over that speed. To get good nitrous points around a hairpin, drop the throttle, hold the handbrake for no more than a full second, and once you're sliding around the corner, floor it! When executed right, you'll get 100+ style points and a good load of gas. Some corners require that you slow down to a crawl to make it through, most notably intersections in the city core area.

I also use light braking in drag when my car is max'ing its revs in 6th and I need to keep my engine from blowing apart. A light tap of the brakes reduces RPMs enough to keep the heat down.

I can be rather liberal with the nitrous at the start of a race. Once the burnout is over, I pour as much as needed to get first place. I drive carefully, with style, to get as much back as possible for all-out blasts down straightaways or highways. To get a LOT of N2O, get as many near-misses in a row as you dare, then get more!

Return to “Underground 2”