Accepting Showroom challenges

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.

Do you accept any and all challenges

Yes, anyone that steps up, irrespective of what cars we pick
95%
No, i'll only accept if i know my car will win
5%
I only make challenges to others and do not accept from others
No votes

Total votes: 20

TFD Wing Zero
Ricer
Ricer

Accepting Showroom challenges

Post by TFD Wing Zero »

Do you accept any and all showroom challenges when offered.

because there's been times where i've managed to send off a challenge request, but there's no reply from my opponant. i do find this rather annoying because i have no rep points and need to win challenges.

I myself accept any and all challenges offered, even if my car looks to be the loser from the get go. Such as my first ever contest, when @brembro challenged his Audi TT against my 'Initial D Corrola. Even if my corrola didn't look good, considering it's like a '86' model compared to a TT which is quite a recent design and does look prettier, I still took it on, in the spirit of competition.

Just someone please confirm that i'm not the only one like this.
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

I wouldn't care. Bring it on. I'm not in it to win. I wnat to see who has the better car. Certainly I wouldn't go looking out of my league, but I'll pretty much accept anything. Don't take advantage of that, though.
*Note: I still have to post a few cars. It's not easy, bear with me.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Yup, anything goes.
Lord_Jereth
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Lord_Jereth »

Personally I find it an honor to be challenged. It means someone got the heads-up on one of my rides. It means to me that someone is paying attention to what I've done out of the masses of other cars out there. I'll take all comers even if I know I'm going to lose (like my 'Stang that's gonna get stomped later this week).

I take it as a compliment.

8) LJ
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

it would be more fun if there would be more people that challenged others.. not always the same.. (have to say I do it also... cause I know a few are always in for a good challenge..! and I don't want to make a challenge with a completely other style car... cause you can't compare em.. when they are both good!)
and I am not challenging cars that have Lesser pics/cars (new people)... for the simple reason that people think I do it for the simple win...

but I do accept every challenge!
IMO it is also a honor!
ghost_4ce
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ghost_4ce »

Yeah, I agree with LJ,
though I was a bit suprised after Stig named our challenge the"underdog" challenge. A bit confused, I found this defination from the web http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin ... d=underdog

:roll:

Edit: BTW i lost 11:3 (or smthg) in it so its allright i guess....
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

One of the codes of honor runned within in the team we got (RedSuns) says:
"Never turn down a challenge when accepted, not even if you are on the way to a team battle"

Naturally, we can get delayed to meet other teams in battles because of this ;)
But I have yet to be challenged and when I am, I will NOT turn it down, simply because I can't.
I got no choice, no matter what the odds are.
EclipsetheDK
Ricer
Ricer

Post by EclipsetheDK »

i think i wont accept if anyone challenged a ride of mine with a completely different one. as long as two cars are of the same type theres no prob to accept! they have to be comparable! :!:
Wolrajh
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Wolrajh »

At the beginning, I thought I would not accept challenges when it would be a easy win. But then, I said to myself that turning off someone's challenge is more or less an insult ("you car sucks, get away!") and after all it was an honor to be challenged, especially when you know the challenge room is often full. What's more, I haven't got enough time to spend browsing for a car that could make a nice challenge, so I never launch challenges myself, so I rarely get involved in any challenge.
And when it happens, those times, I tend to either lose or get ties...
So what? When another Joe Doe challenges you, almost nobody get interested by the challenge and in the end there are 8 voters and it's a tie. When it's someone with a reputation he often have a good crowd of fans (mainly because his cars are more renowed, often on the top, even if you're 1 ou 2 ranks below at most) ; so he gets lot of votes because his car can't be anything else than better.

I must admit I feel a little disapointed... yeah, I lose. But in the beginning I felt it was fun and ok to lose. Now, I feel that waiting sometimes 4 to 5 days to finally have nobody interested, no competition, and nothing goes out of it, just kills the fun. It's as if now when I accept the challenges I get I know that anyway I will lose.

Oh well, it's as everything goes in life : if you can't promote yourself, you're raw meat! Because if you can't advertise yourself, you will never be noticed, so never known, so nothing will ever happen, so you'll stay at the same point.
Ssh, what a shame :roll:

Return to “The Showroom”