NFS: U2 LAN Help! Please help if you can!

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground 2.
Be sure to search first!
Rapid
Stock
Stock

NFS: U2 LAN Help! Please help if you can!

Post by Rapid »

In LAN mode, i host a server, and start a game. The other person connects to my server, but does not see a game that i have created. I've checked the filters, please help!

Thanks,
Rapid
Rapid
Stock
Stock

Post by Rapid »

Im sorry, but I must bump this thread back up because I really need some help.

Thanks,
Rapid
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Hey, I have the same problem here too. Funny thing is: I didn't have this problem before the latest patch 1.2!! :shock: HELP ! ! ! :shock:

1 thing I did notice is that EA made the online rules less severe. b/4 patch 1.2 I couldn't get online w/ 2 pc's in the house. The 2nd pc that came online always got the msg that some1 else was using that username. Just yesterday I found that I could get online w/ 2 pc's at the same time! But unfortunately we couldn't play together, not when 1 of us hosted a game or tried to join the same game. U can chat w/ eachoter but not invite the other to ur hosted game.

BUT ANYWAYS (getting off topic here :) ): help us w/ the LAN thing, we must be doing something wrong orso?!?!
peachferrari
Stock
Stock

Post by peachferrari »

I have gotten the LAN to work (with 3 computers connected). Here's what I did:

Patched all versions to version 1.2
Use a router/hub instead of a direct cable connection.
After a game is created, use the filter to select the type of race, performance options, etc. Make sure everything in the filter is exactly like the race that was created. Then hit the "refresh" button in the lobby, and it should show up.

Good luck!
Rapid
Stock
Stock

Post by Rapid »

Thanks, i'll see what that can do for me
Killerz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Killerz »

hmm,i got the same problem too,but if the person who connect to my server and they create a game we can see it
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Hey I got this problem solved (again) :roll: idk which 1 fixed it, but what I did was:

- take care of the obvious stuff like filters etc
- copied 'speed.exe', 'server.cfg' and 'server.dll' from my 'lanserver-pc' pc to the other
- modified server.cfg on the 'lanserver-pc': ADDR=%%bind("10.0.0.150") where 10.0.0.150 is my 2nd pc

Restarted everything and it worked. LAN racing is quite nice, finally you are allowed to use another car than the corolla. So for everyone who is tired to see them ugly corolla's :wink: all the time: do some LAN racing. That is really a big advantage. Spent so much time playing online, got bored listening to the same old corolla engine sound. So now I can hear other engines roaring, Focus, Skyline, Supra 8) Downside is I always race the same 2 ppl and we have no stats...

BUT: u can't have it all

Return to “Help & Support”