Should schools be year round or not?

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.

Should schools be year round or not

Year round
9%
Not year round
91%

Total votes: 22

evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Should schools be year round or not?

Post by evilmegamonkey »

I think no.
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by S2000_Skyline12 »

WTF! why? hell im not even happy goin for the 10 months i have to (September 4th- June (13 for last day of offical classes/23- for last day of finals; i dont have to go everyday)
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional
Location: If this post is recent, probably in front of a computer/I heard this thing will cut you off from typ

Post by evilmegamonkey »

School was out for me May 20th. :shock:
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

well your a** is lucky! and my school is poor! it can afford a lot of small fans but no A/C and my classrooms are steaming hot!
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional

Post by evilmegamonkey »

My school can afford A/C's but is to lazy to cut them on.
nfsdriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nfsdriver »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:well your a** is lucky! and my school is poor! it can afford a lot of small fans but no A/C and my classrooms are steaming hot!
damn bro that sucks.. where do you live?
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

well i dont know but i think my school has em but I do not know why they do not put them on! They're always on in the teachers' lounge! There are students in the school ya know! :roll:

Using capital letters only is considered shouting, and shouting is bad.. very bad.. - T-Shine
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

S2000_Skyline12 wrote:well i dont know but i think my school has em but I do not know why they do not put them on! They're always on in the teachers' lounge! There are students in the school ya know! :roll:
ever thought of planning a revolt? :wink:
o and btw..hell no, i dont want skool all yr round...i can imagine some pple spending their entire skool life in detention then...
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

:? offcourse NOt year round. Everybody needs vacation sometimes. When I went to school, we had our big vacation from 1st July to 1st September and some other small holidays.
I see that everybody has a different holiday-periode. Kinda stupid. :)
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

HELL NO, everybody needs a little time off. 40 weeks a year is more then enough and thank god that this is my last year :D
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

i couldnt stand year around school.... it's already hell to have about 35weeks school a year...
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Uhh. What kind of question is this? Who would answer yes?(besides overobsessed school boys with no friends). :lol:
korge
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Well this pole just became one sided.
Dragon-of-Rune
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Dragon-of-Rune »

What did you expect, offcourse this poll is gona be one sidded wich idiot what's to go to school all year long.
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional

Post by evilmegamonkey »

1 person said that it should be year round.

But that's only 8%.
nfsdriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nfsdriver »

it should NEVER be year around cause its bad enough that we have to go to school everyday..
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

nfsdriver wrote:it should NEVER be year around cause its bad enough that we have to go to school everyday..
Thats too bad. I got saturdays and sundays off. :P

I dont think you go to school everyday. A little exhaggerated. :wink:
korge
nfsdriver
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nfsdriver »

korge wrote:
nfsdriver wrote:it should NEVER be year around cause its bad enough that we have to go to school everyday..
Thats too bad. I got saturdays and sundays off. :P

I dont think you go to school everyday. A little exhaggerated. :wink:
i meant like mon-fri.. lol of course i have saturday and sunday off :lol:
Ray-Ray
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Ray-Ray »

korge wrote:Uhh. What kind of question is this?
i was gonna ask the same thing
BTW ppl who have year round school, don't acually have it the entire year. they do 4 weeks then get off like 2 weeks and on and on like that. they don't acually do school the entire year and never stop till they graduate. this is a pointless poll though, because if you don't want to do school year round than dont go to a year round school, maybe if you asked something like "does any1 here go to a year round school" than it would make sense, but this doesn't. i have never been to a year round school, but i just like having along break where you can do whatever you want and get a summer job so you can make some money, stuff like that, you wouldn't be able to do that in a year round school, well at least not easily.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Ray-Ray wrote:
korge wrote:Uhh. What kind of question is this?
i was gonna ask the same thing
BTW ppl who have year round school, don't acually have it the entire year. "does any1 here go to a year round school" .
Ask someone in Japan. Most of us are Aussies, Americans and Europeans, so no, its obvious we dont have yearround school. And i dont think anyone is in private school either. :wink:
korge
S2000_Skyline12
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

nah private schools dont go year round but get out later than others and yeah students in Japan go to school year round
1995-eclipse
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 1995-eclipse »

i dont think so.... so i voted for no... 5 days a week is enough for me...
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

You kidding me? Heck no schools shouldn't be year round. Of course that may be the reason why Japanese people are so much smarter than us dumb Americans. They have school everyday year round. Dang I'm feeling really 'tarded at this point. :(
ghetto fabulous D. Jazz
Spammer
Spammer

Post by ghetto fabulous D. Jazz »

Jopuma wrote:You kidding me? Heck no schools shouldn't be year round. Of course that may be the reason why Japanese people are so much smarter than us dumb Americans. They have school everyday year round. Dang I'm feeling really 'tarded at this point. :(
Really , they have it all year round.....i did not know this brova.....Thats crazy man.....you could not concentrate.....How bout when it comes time to study.....pffftt.....its already hard enough......i chose NO cause of those reasons.....yes :arrow: That is an arrow man
evilmegamonkey
Professional
Professional

Post by evilmegamonkey »

Jopuma wrote:You kidding me? Heck no schools shouldn't be year round. Of course that may be the reason why Japanese people are so much smarter than us dumb Americans. They have school everyday year round. Dang I'm feeling really 'tarded at this point. :(

The thing is that the Japanese kids don't thave to do anywork and they will pass. In other words, they pass no matter what they do.

Return to “General Discussion”