Car shuts off while driving

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground 2.
Be sure to search first!
MDK210
Stock
Stock

Car shuts off while driving

Post by MDK210 »

My friend has the original disc and let me borrow his and I let him borrow my Midnight Club 3. Funny thing is that any car I drive will go up to about 100mph or so and then the car just cuts off and I have to press the ebrake to get it going again. The game works fine on his computer and mine is better than his. What's the problem?
^Speed 12^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^Speed 12^ »

What exactly are you talking about here? Can you be more specific?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Which platform are you on?
MDK210
Stock
Stock

Post by MDK210 »

sorry guys. I have it on the PC.
Doesn't matter what car I try to drive. If I drive around or if Im racing the car will reach speed like normal but then just out of knowhere the car will gradually start losing speed as if Im not even pressing the Acceleration button and will eventually come to a rolling stop. For me to continue driving It seems I have to hit the spacebar(handbrake) and then let go and press the acceleration button and it will continue like normal but then repeat the same process as above.
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

maybe your keyboards a bit messed up or something, like the brake button is stuck?
MDK210
Stock
Stock

Post by MDK210 »

Yeah I though about that but Im a PC technician by heart and have been doing that for 10yrs now and since my keyboard and mouse are wireless I would have assumed bad connectivity but my setup is only 4 months old and my batteries are still good. I also thought maybe since my IDE cables on my HD are old and not the 80pin connectors but the old 40 pin that maybe it was the issue so I bought some Rounded 80 pin connectors for my HDD and for my ATAPI Cd-Rom drives. Now everything is flowing good electrical wise. I haven't tried it out yet but knowing my luck. :(
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

you know, i had that problem a little on my ps2, and then i pushed the button a little harder and it worked. :?
Surf'sUP^

Post by Surf'sUP^ »

no someone with one of those helicopters from 2fast2furious shot one of those missle things right at your car cause you were speeding :lol: na man i don't know maybe you should try turning graphics down and borrowing your friends keyboard plugging that in and seeing if it works then if not then it's your system
MDK210
Stock
Stock

Post by MDK210 »

Yeah I will do that, just trying to eliminate possablilities before I drove 40 minutes over there.
Sparx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Sparx »

I had the problem awhile ago it was fine first few months then it started and stopped was very wired -_- All i can say is re-install it if it still happens
Burnie
Ricer
Ricer
Location: Beijing, China, Asia, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe 4.3

Post by Burnie »

Yeah, it happens to me and my friends a lot. Just let go of the acceleration key, then hold it down again. It works for me

Return to “Help & Support”