Take a second to read this....

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
type.R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Take a second to read this....

Post by type.R »

Okay well I don't care what you do to me about this but I just want to prove a point here..

Respect, comes with the name on this site.. Im not dogging anyone im just saying it makes me sick to see new designes that are airnt that good made my by a well known tuner and people DROOL over it, which are other great tuners too. I could've made the same car before and I wouldnt EVER get a respones like some people would.. Now I have a RX-8 in my garage, it's been there for a week now I have 1 comment on it, and it is a very nice design, I tried to take the style that people drool over and make one. The vinyls match perfectly.. but I still have 1 comment.. I make a simple looking car, people say it's too simple.. A well known tuner makes a simple lookiing car... WHOA!!! first day and 3 pages of comments drooling over the car... It pisses me off this site needs to do something about this...

Thanks for taking 5 min out of your time to read this.. Give any comments you'd like, I really want to know how many other people thought the same thing...
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

welp guy, i started my garage with one car, and it got alota comments and votes, so i never experienced the same problem, i'm not even sure what your complaining about. Is it that every1 has the same style of ride or that there are favorite users???
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

He is just not happy about well-known users who create simple looking cars, yet they got high votes for it and good comments. But when he, type.R, tried doing the same thing, the comments for him were just saying like, the design is too simple.
Felixkissa
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Felixkissa »

Let me remind you that also well known tuners have been not so well known when they started, but they have worked their way up.
And what comes to the simple cars; I think the well know tuners have proved that they can make gr8 looking cars with vinyls, so when they make simple looking cars ppl can also apreciate those.

That's how I see it.

P.S. You shouldn't make your cars so that others like them, instead make them so that you like them :wink:
Last edited by Felixkissa on 02 Sep 2005, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Well, he 'tried to take the style that people drool over and make one', but he still doesn't get good reputation compared to the well-known tuners, so it's somehow like a bias act, and it's very unfair to the newbies who wants to be recognized.

That's my 2 cents.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

That is a problem we are aware of - problem because we're trying to make site equally interesting to everyone - but unfortunatly we also can't do much about it either, at least not with the current showroom software.
The showroom contains too much cars and not enough users to go and vote them all. Also I beleive that users prefer to make cars than to go out and vote other people's rides.

We do have some ideas for Showroom3 that should make it more interesting.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Felixkissa wrote:Let me remind you that also well known tuners have been not so well known when they started, but they have worked their way up
The best tuner nowadays....

... joined a week ago.

38comments on the garage, 24favorites in 4 cars, 50comments in each car... etc. :shock: And he joined the August 25th.

I know what type.R mean.
It's all about presentation style, welcome to the showroom v2.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Yeah i bet my rx-7 wouldn't even be ranked if i hadn't told a few guys to check it out and once it went to #1 it was shown on the front page and then it got alot of attention all of a sudden. I'm not really well known and i've been on the site almost a year. Of course i haven't been active all the time. I bet my rides get more attention too if i made fancy presentations. Just don't have the skills and the interest.
lol wut
Pigbenis
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pigbenis »

Since most of the comments people get, even the famous ones, is pathetic, it doesn't matter to me.

Imagine yourself being one of these "famous" ones, and you get like 67 comments like ":shock: :shock: OMG THAT IS THE BEST 100000 POINZ + FAV" in five minutes?
How fun is that, since you know almost everyone just say this to earn "respect" from this user. Which most of the time, doesn't work.

Isn't it better to get one or two comment, with constructive criticism, in one week?
Then you know people acutally mean what they say, even if it's a good or bad comment.

Btw, I'm tired and only saying shiznit, don't listen to me :P
type.R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by type.R »

^Sparco^ wrote:
Felixkissa wrote:Let me remind you that also well known tuners have been not so well known when they started, but they have worked their way up

... joined a week ago.

38comments on the garage, 24favorites in 4 cars, 50comments in each car... etc. :shock: And he joined the August 25th.

I know what type.R mean.
That is exaclty my point!!! thank you someone knows what I mean.. He joined a week ago and has more comments then i have (I think) but another fact, His supra he uploaded it the 31st im sure and already has more comments then one of my cars i uploaded a week ago even one that was uploaded 2 weeks ago..
I am not dogging _O2_ at all no dissrespect!

I spend time on my pres. and my cars and noone seems to appritiate the fact that i do so.. And im sure tons of peple feel the same way
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

_O2_s garage doesnt exist? W T F?
korge
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

WTF! What happens???

And Korge please modify your location before a mod slaps you :P
WhereIsTheNsx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by WhereIsTheNsx »

yea as bojan was saying its next to impossible to view every ried in every garage, i just go to the showrrom, check and see the newst rides and vote on ones that look interesting then if gets a high vote i usually check out their garage.
Pigbenis
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Pigbenis »

WhereIsTheNsx wrote:yea as bojan was saying its next to impossible to view every ried in every garage, i just go to the showrrom, check and see the newst rides and vote on ones that look interesting then if gets a high vote i usually check out their garage.
Oh..kay? :roll:
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

^Sparco^ wrote:

... joined a week ago.

I know what type.R mean.
What you probably don't know is that _O2_ was previously banned under a different name. Obviously, when he re-registered, he already had lots of friends who upvoted him..
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

^Sparco^ wrote: And Korge please modify your location before a mod slaps you :P
A mod already changed it.. :lol:
korge
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

SuperRacer wrote:What you probably don't know is that _O2_ was previously banned under a different name. Obviously, when he re-registered, he already had lots of friends who upvoted him..
Well... it was a bad example.

Let's talk about
this one then:

only 2months, all his cars have favorites, and tons of comments the same day.
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

Yeah well Velociraptor makes his presentations and imo he had the best looking presentations. To me corvyz's rides aren't anything special but the presentations make them look that way. So this wasn't the best example either imo...
lol wut
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

i totaly agree w/ type r
Jaster_Mereel
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jaster_Mereel »

One thing I have learned from this site is that some times people will never notice your cars, so don't worry about the rankings of your car. Visit other people's garages that have cars with no ranks (because those are the ones that no one are looking at) by using the search and putting a * in the "Search for author" field and browse them by number of views or date created. Every time you get on the site, just do this and rate one person's garage who doesn't have any ratings at all on any of his/her cars and just realize that in order for things to change, people have to change. If enough people rate garages that don't have any cars with a rank and leave comments, then the problem of people's cars not being seen will be fix itself slowly. If there is one comment on a guy's car, guess what he is going to do...he is going to look at that guy's garage and one guy rating a garage will spread.
type.R
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by type.R »

SuperRacer wrote:
^Sparco^ wrote:

... joined a week ago.

I know what type.R mean.

What you probably don't know is that _O2_ was previously banned under a different name. Obviously, when he re-registered, he already had lots of friends who upvoted him..

That's what I thought happend.. I know noone can just start out and make that big of impression no way!!
Tunerfreak
Professional
Professional

Post by Tunerfreak »

I havent had a comment in my garage for quite some time, hardly any of my cars even have a rating. My garage is fairly new and I think its get some pretty awsome cars (In my eyes)

Sometimes I wonder if graphics (Mainly reflections) Are making people vote higher as well as presentations. My graphics are mean with lots of AA but the ones with Gran Turismo like reflections seem to get high votes with average cars and bad pres.
Nothing Inc ™
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nothing Inc ™ »

agree with pabl0z.
baadmw
Drift King
Drift King

Post by baadmw »

well im kinda satisfied by the my cars are commented. i'm getting used to it by now, cars with better presentations get better votes even if they are nothing special...
Erikjef_24
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Erikjef_24 »

I agree, it pisses me off too. If a nobody created a really sweet car,nobody would care. But if a really popular tuner creates an OK car, shiploads of comments come pouring in. Same thing happens in duels. I don't get it. :?

Return to “Underground 2”