Demo Help

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
Te4o_bg
Drift King
Drift King

Demo Help

Post by Te4o_bg »

Hi
I have problems with the NFS:MW Demo
When i start installing it the Licence Agreement window is empty (has no text in it). And after i hit NEXT the installation quits saying that i don't have DirectX 9.0c or higher. I already downloaded it from 2 sites and still nothing. I've used two different demos and still nothing.

Please Help
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

dunno...was there a directx included in the demo?
chemicalcode
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by chemicalcode »

don't the graphics cards have to be compatible with DirectX 9.0c, have you checked to see if yours is?
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Nope, that is not obligatory, my gfx card is DX 8.1 compatible...

shiznit download maybe? I downloaded the demo twice, the first one (from EA) just didn't want to start at all, so that could be the last solution. Can't really help you here
Te4o_bg
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Te4o_bg »

My VideoCard is ATI Radeon 9200 and i'm sure it's compatible with directX 9.0c
I'll just wait for the game to come out
Janx14
Professional
Professional

Post by Janx14 »

or try to download it again as dragster said!
Professional
Professional

Re: Demo Help

Post by 99k »

Te4o_bg wrote:Hi
When i start installing it the Licence Agreement window is empty (has no text in it). And after i hit NEXT the installation quits saying that i don't have DirectX 9.0c or higher. I already downloaded it from 2 sites and still nothing. I've used two different demos and still nothing.

Please Help
I have the exact same problem. It works on my brothers pc fine. I have a nvidia geforce 3 graphics card. He has gforce 4.
HKS
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by HKS »

Got this from the EA forums and dont know if it works,but u guys can try it out.

Use winzip to unzip th 0compressed.zip file in any directory,copy the speeddemo.exe file in that directory and then just run it,no need to install anything.

Like i say,dont know if this will work. :D
cinnober
Stock
Stock

Re: Demo Help

Post by cinnober »

99_k wrote:
Te4o_bg wrote:Hi

Please Help
I have the exact same problem. It works on my brothers pc fine. I have a nvidia geforce 3 graphics card. He has gforce 4.
My brother has the exact same problem.He has a Asus GF6600GT card and the demo doesn´t work and I have a MSI GF6600GT card and by me the demo is working fine.
Both mainboards are Nforce2 chipsets
just2help
Stock
Stock

Post by just2help »

HKS wrote:Got this from the EA forums and dont know if it works,but u guys can try it out.

Use winzip to unzip th 0compressed.zip file in any directory,copy the speeddemo.exe file in that directory and then just run it,no need to install anything.

Like i say,dont know if this will work. :D
Thats what I did too and it worked. I was having the same problem. After you uncompressed the "0compressed.zip" file you MAY need d3dx9_26.dll in the NFSMW directory (where speedDemo.exe file is). Just google d3dx9_26.dll and click the first result. Just in case linking to a download file is allowed click this link to get the dll http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/downl ... 0UFeOAdMgS
cinnober
Stock
Stock

Post by cinnober »

Is there a work around for installing theORIGINAL game??

My brother has purchased the original game but it also displays the trouble with DirectX 9 install.

Return to “Help & Support”