help me pls

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
silencestorm
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

help me pls

Post by silencestorm »

i need help

i boguht a graphic card yesterday but the card won`t fit in my computer.the slots are too
small for the gc to go in.

so my question

are they specific size for different pcs?,and if there is,which one should i get,i have a
dell 2400 desktop..

the gc size i think is "agp"
8x

pls help me this has kept me from playing my block edition since yesterday
:oops:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

yes, there are specific slots for graphics cards. but, thankfully enough, they're usually color coded.

if on your motherboard, you have a big brown slot, you need to buy an AGP graphics card. any speed will work, they're usually backwards compatible.

if you don't have a brown one, but have white ones instead, you need a PCI graphics card. since you have a dell, that's probably what you have. i dont know the specifics of those since i dont use them.

there's a third type called a PCI-E, but since your compter is a dell 2400, i seriously doubt it's there. PCI-E is smaller than a white PCI slot.

DO NOT try to cut the card to make it fit into the slot. i saw a post by a very stupid person asking why his card didn't work. turns out, he cut an AGP card so it would fit into a PCI slot.... return your card if you can. you won't be able to get it to work if your motherboard doesn't have the right slot.
pc25
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by pc25 »

silencestorm if your not sure about the slots of your motherboard, then my suggestion is bring your pc & your new gc to where you buy it and ask them to replace your gc to fit in your mboard.
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

You probably have PCI slots in that Dell.

The AGP slot is the brown one on the far right. The other 6 white ones are PCI slots. If you only have these white ones in your computer and no brown one, you'll need to return the card and exhange for a PCI card. NOT PCI-Express (unless you actually have that). PCI and PCI-Express are very much different.

Return to “Help & Support”