my luck

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

my luck

Post by arabnight »

so i just beat black list 2 memeber (i forgot his name) and im so siked and something went wrong this afternoon i dont konw i was playing fine and then i go to work and come back and my computer wont load windows.... :( im like i can fix it cause this has happend before then it just kept crashing then i fall to the floor and scream NOOOOOOOOO....i lost all my saved files...half way threw Fear my 4th time threw Half-Life 2, and half way threw Doom3 and in most wanted...i was on challenge 41 and i was doing razor massions....and i lost it all my 911s on full ultimate same as gose for my slr, carrea gt, mercielago and is300.

-cries in the corner of the room- WHY Me! :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry:
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Poor you... How come it won't load Windows? What did you do the last time you used your PC?
macdaddy
Drift King
Drift King

Post by macdaddy »

because you touch yourself at night
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

(silently agrees with above)
was there any type of magnet near your comp? Maybe its the governmet trying to break you, peice, by, peice...
EuroRacer
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EuroRacer »

maybe you should post this in the Hardware and Software section, you'd probably get more serious replies :wink:
Jamaleni
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jamaleni »

There's an easy solution for that, but you must act before this happen.

First, small explanation. NFSMW keeps savefiles in My Documents folder, and when you install game, and there is allready your save game folder, you can simply continue with the game from where you stopped.

Now, after instalation of windows, simply move your My Documents folder to another partition. I allways do that, 'cos I formated my PC often (at least every two months). To do that simply create folder named My Documents on, lets say, partition D. Then right click My Documnts icon on desktop, and change path from "C:\Documents and settings..." to "D:\My Documents".

Next time when you reinstall windows, you'll have to do that again, and when you install NFSMW and start the game for the first time you could continue exactly where you stopped.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well crying in the corner isn't going to do anything. fix the problem. get up to blacklist #1 again. :roll:

oh, and falling to your knees and screaming is a sign you think its a matter of life and death. throwing the games won't help either.

its just a game
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

-.-' i can do that cause i can...and 2nd -sighs- ill just start over and kick ass more then next time and 3rd i lost my files before i could do anything...i dont konw i think the government is tring to kill me...
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Jamaleni wrote:I allways do that, 'cos I formated my PC often (at least every two months).
<off topic>Holy crap, you serious? What an earth are you doing with your PC if you need to re-format all the time? </off topic>

There is also the possibility to take the HDD out and plugging into another PC, and copying the my docs folder to safety on that. That is, if you have a backup PC or friends who are willing to help you out.
MostWantedMaN
Ricer
Ricer

Post by MostWantedMaN »

People Like to have they PC Clean at alll times ^^

Good idea BTW vellu, you shold do that :lol:
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i use to do that but i just got my new computer...umm the hard drive is messed up u cant really take it out and put it on my other computer and it run windows...
_I3urlNlouT_
Drift King
Drift King

Post by _I3urlNlouT_ »

if you put it in another computer and put it as "slave" it won't load windows from that harddrive, it will just be there for you to access it, you should do that to recover lost files, then format and put files back in. Also, try repairing windows before formatting, sometimes it lets you install it that way and will only need to re-install programs.
Jamaleni
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jamaleni »

vellu wrote:
Jamaleni wrote:I allways do that, 'cos I formated my PC often (at least every two months).
<off topic>Holy crap, you serious? What an earth are you doing with your PC if you need to re-format all the time? </off topic>
I experimenting with a lot of software, and that's the reason why my registry became so huge that I must format it so often.

But since I have ghost image it takes me only about 10 minutes :roll:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

_I3urlNlouT_ wrote:if you put it in another computer and put it as "slave" it won't load windows from that harddrive, it will just be there for you to access it, you should do that to recover lost files, then format and put files back in. Also, try repairing windows before formatting, sometimes it lets you install it that way and will only need to re-install programs.
I do that also if Comp crashes I remove the HDD and install it on a diff comp and once it even repaired windows and I did not have to format it :D
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i tried repairing windows and recopying all the system32 files but it wouldnt work and when i finally got my formating to work and done i had loaded up windows and i had a viruse from a fresh harddrive wtf? so i had to redo it like 3 times and it fially start working, now im on black list memeber 14...
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Jamaleni wrote:
vellu wrote:
I experimenting with a lot of software, and that's the reason why my registry became so huge that I must format it so often.

But since I have ghost image it takes me only about 10 minutes :roll:
Stop installing crap :wink:

j/k

Return to “Most Wanted”