A question. :)

Post everything you want the webmasters to know to make the site better.
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

A question. :)

Post by Stereo »

How do ya make a showroom? Like the one you made of NFSU2. I wanna add it to my site or make a seperate link of it, but don't know how. I'm not trying to copy you, cause other sites have had showrooms, NFSCars, NFSupreme, etc. I just want to know. :) Does it take HTML knowledge? Java knowledge? It's just one question, so I want to know an answer. :) Please reply.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

What is required is very decent knowledge of HTML coding, PHP scripting and also of SQL-based database back ends to store and manage the data. You still with me Stereo?

BTW, yes, you are copying us, just like those other sites did! :D
Last edited by GT3x24x7 on 07 May 2005, 23:17, edited 2 times in total.
Triskac
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Triskac »

try out the coppermine gallery, it works with PHPnuke system i think :P

EDIT: ok so it looks to be a standalone system :P
JackyTintinHaddock
Ricer
Ricer

Re: A question. :)

Post by JackyTintinHaddock »

Stereo wrote:How do ya make a showroom? Like the one you made of NFSU2. I wanna add it to my site or make a seperate link of it, but don't know how. I'm not trying to copy you, cause other sites have had showrooms, NFSCars, NFSupreme, etc. I just want to know. :) Does it take HTML knowledge? Java knowledge? It's just one question, so I want to know an answer. :) Please reply.
Yes, I have saw your forum and you created it with CJB.NET, which don't give you the options to access the source code files ;) . You will need to code it. This particular MODification is made by Bojan, so you might want to poke him about it ;) .
phpBB includes PHP and HTML, but mostly are PHP. You will need to know much about PHP. ;)
And even if you got hold of that MOD, it's no use, because CJB.NET won't allow you to install it, because you will need FTP access :( .
:D :) :mrgreen:
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

Well I DO have a personal website, and my dad is the owner of it. He hosts it. He might make me a page that supports PHP, Apache, whateva! :D
^Speed 12^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^Speed 12^ »

Great! I might visit it sometime.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Stereo wrote:Well I DO have a personal website, and my dad is the owner of it. He hosts it. He might make me a page that supports PHP, Apache, whateva! :D
In this case, all things are possible! :D
JackyTintinHaddock
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JackyTintinHaddock »

Stereo wrote:Well I DO have a personal website, and my dad is the owner of it. He hosts it. He might make me a page that supports PHP, Apache, whateva! :D
Remember that if you want to install phpBB, you would need PHP 4 and 1 MySQL 4 database (recommended). A disk space of 50 MB is recommended, or if want, make it 100 MB. This way, you can add MODifications so that your forum look better! ;) :D :) :mrgreen:
You might want to see this too ;) :) =) .

Return to “Comments & Suggestions”