Display Problem

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground 2.
Be sure to search first!
alex3299
Stock
Stock

Display Problem

Post by alex3299 »

Anyone knows how to fix the image on NFPU...
The game runs fine, with no problems, the only
thing that's not working very well is the image that
look's like a tv with bad tunning, is always appering
stuff's on the screen, flikking...
Anyone knows how to solve this???
Thanks,
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Update DirectX/video drivers, check readme for compatibility.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Koffy, you sound right about it being a need to update DirectX/video drivers for smoother running of the game.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Did you notice that you don't need to answer to every stupid thing I said? :wink:

(Don't get mad)
SuperRacer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by SuperRacer »

Try opening 3dsetup (in your NFSPU folder) and selecting Direct3d mode. Post your hardware info.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Koffy, what's up your bumbum?? I ain't mad about a statement like "Did you notice that you don't need to answer to every stupid thing I said?" I think you need to gain a greater understanding of the purpose of participating and posting in a forum. It's not only the purpose of discussion but also showing support and recognition for those who have developed some thing good for the series. Don't forget that because that's what seperates a good poster from a dill.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Rouge, I think you are right about what you say. It's just that at first I thougt of your post as an irony, cause my proposition was not a big smart answer, but one that allmost any experienced game/computer user would make.
I missunderstood you, but I recgnize the need of participation in forums. :)
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Koffy, never thought that you would see my responses that way.. if I had I wouldn't have got the shiznit and put up the previous post. It was as though you were taking a dig at me for agreeing with you. Don't feel the need to post replies which are " big smart answer" as you'll often find that the solution in its most simplest form is often the best. I ain't the sort to go around putting people down but rather see myself as one to encourage others and in your case I see you have a lot to offer. Cool?
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

I'm sorry about taking your responses that way. It's just that where I live people often make fun of others. You know what I mean. I didn't get what you meant at first cause I don't speak so good english. Thats why I did say what I said.
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Koffy, as I said in the post dated 5th of March all is cool and I hope my reply didn't offend to badly. Where I live too people seem to take a great deal of pride in kicking others in the guts when they are down (meaning that they make fun of them all the time so they feel like crap). All you gotta do is stick up for yourself and say what you mean. I am sure that some out there think what I post is crap but hey, so be it. I enjoy the forums for the reasons previously mentioned and I stick up for what I believe in. Likewise, I hate seeing people getting put down for the fact that their responses are too simple etc and will stick up for them as everyone has the right to post. Anyways, I guess thinks are getting a little of the forum topic...what was it again??
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Just a display problem. :D
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

I think he'd probably fixed it anyways. Alex3299 hasn't posted since.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Maybe he got confused with all this mess.

Hey Alex, tell us if you managed to solve the problem.
alex3299
Stock
Stock

Post by alex3299 »

nop, still have the problem is just like a bad tv with a bad tune
i have directX 9 and everthing works fine don't have a great graphic card but this is a laptop and i always play the game well, i know that is something on the files of the game because i fix this before but now i don't remember i do it but i know it have a fix and is not in the pc, is on the files of the game, later on i will going to post some pics, so that you guys can see my problem ,this is like when you are seing tv with bad tune and things are always on the screen...

P.S- I did not reply before because i was in holidays...
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Maybe it is something with the video board setup. I've seen in some emulators a "garbage collection" control. I think that these 'stuff's' on the screen you see is that 'garbage'.

Post by Guest »

No, and i'm sure that is something on the game because i just install Fifa 2002 World Cup, and the engine of the 3D is almost the same, and i'm using the trash dll's and the .castanet and the 3DSetup of the Fifa Game and is still doing this, i think that is something on the dx7 trash module and in the graphics setup that do not work very well with my graphic card, because with Fifa Cup also start doing this the first time i run the game but when i that the dx7 module out then stop, now don't do this anymore...
alex3299
Stock
Stock

Post by alex3299 »

I was posting from hotmail and forgot to sign in the upper post is also mine...
I will find a resolution for this and report back later...
Thanks for the Help
CZ6686
Stock
Stock

Post by CZ6686 »

Sorry..

i got same problem also but i can't find Direct3d from the 3Dsetup,
i am using ATi Radeon 9550GT

Thanks
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff