!!!!!!!!!!!!!Help me please.... Wierd Prob.....!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Underground 2.
Be sure to search first!
DarkBlitz72
Stock
Stock

!!!!!!!!!!!!!Help me please.... Wierd Prob.....!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by DarkBlitz72 »

Hiya all.

Gots a question for yas. I just upgraded my PC to a AMD Athlon 64 3000+(Newcastle) and now it seems I cannot play NFSU2. It loads just fine, but after my profile has been loaded and goes to the main menu, my sound stutters, goes away, comes back stuttering. I have to hit the ol reset switch to get outta it. It worked just fine with my old setup up. I have updated it., uninstalled it, reinstalled it, but no go. Any ideas??? I have tried everything, that I can think of. Can't get any help outta EA. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA...

---Blitz
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

did you install the Cool & Quiet drivers for the processor? AMD 64 processors don't work correctly with the default Windows drivers. I have that same processor, and everytime i update my drivers, something goes wrong with the game.

Right click on my computer and go to Manage. click on Device Manager, and click on the + button by Processor. view the properties of the AMD 64 processor. in the Driver tab, the driver provider should be Advanced Micro Devices.

if it's something else, first download the newest Cool & Quiet drivers from AMD's website. then uninstall the current processor from the device manager (right click and select uninstall)
on reboot, you'll see a new hardware found wizard. cancel it, and open the file you downloaded from AMD's website. it should install the drivers, and after a reboot it should work fine.
DarkBlitz72
Stock
Stock

$%@%$@%$#@%

Post by DarkBlitz72 »

Still no go. I just don't understand it. I have had more problems with games since I upgraded to this 64 3000+.... Any other ideas? Thanks alot for your input.

----Blitz
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

do you have problems with windows itself as well? are you using windows XP 64 by any chance?
DarkBlitz72
Stock
Stock

Post by DarkBlitz72 »

Yeah I do have probs other than this too. I'm not running Windows x64, just Home with SP2. I can be listening to music and it'll start to stutter and lock up. Even at times I won't be doing anything at all except moving my mouse and it'll lock up. I think my computer is posessed(sp?)... :lol: I've sent emails to both AMD and Gigabyte, but haven't heard anything back from them yet, almost a week now(grrrrrr). Oh well, maybe it'll get figured out. Peace out...

---Blitz
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

check to see if the processor is hooked up right.

i'm guessing you had windows installed on your hard drive when you installed the processor. i mean, did you re-install windows after installing the processor?

if not, that can cause problems.

try booting in safe mode. see if that works
DarkBlitz72
Stock
Stock

Post by DarkBlitz72 »

I did a fresh install of windows when I did the upgrade. I dunno... I'm still waiting for AMD and/or Gigabyte to email me back. SOoo, maybe when they do it'll get fixed. Thanks for your time... Peace out...

----Blitz
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

np... just a last suggestion, if you overclock your processor, you need to load the default settings before installing new drivers, or installing windows for the first time...

peace out, and visit my garage if you have time!
WonkaVW
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by WonkaVW »

It sounds like a heat or PSU problem. Check the CPU temperature with a monitoring tool (one probably came with the motherboard on the driver cd). If its ok (about 20 or 30 idle, 40 or 50 with load), it might be an underpowered PSU. Get a better name brand one... Antec or Enermax should do it. That 6800GT is quite the power hungry card.

Return to “Help & Support”