NFSMW graphics issues

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
smoogle
Stock
Stock

NFSMW graphics issues

Post by smoogle »

I have the black edition and i have to turn the graphics down to low so that it doesn't become blocky. However, even on low it becomes blocky after a few minutes. I've played around with all the advanced settings and the only one that seems to give me the least problems is anti-alising. Even on low the graphics looks pretty good but once it starts getting all blocky it soon gets real irritating. Any help with this is very appreciated.

My specs are:
Pentium D 3ghz
1gb ddr2 ram
gforce 6600gt
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

try updating your GFX drivers to the latest version from:

http://www.nvidia.com
smoogle
Stock
Stock

Post by smoogle »

that was the first thing i tried, along with re-installing direct-x 9.0c, unfortunately i still have the same problem
viper_gts
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper_gts »

are you overclocking your GFX card?

also check the temperature of your GFX card when the game starts to go blocky.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

I ahve a similar problem. Does it seem that the game loads and loads, and then when it is not loading, the graphics run smooth?
That is the prob I have.
smoogle
Stock
Stock

Post by smoogle »

i'm not overclocking it, but i'll check it the temperature. the game doesn't look like it's loading cause it's still running pretty smoothly but if you stop or crash into something the graphics goes back to normal.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Sounds like an issue with motion blur. Try turning it off, and if you don't know how, check here --> http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 73&start=0
smoogle
Stock
Stock

Post by smoogle »

thanks haz, i turned off motion blur and it helped, i was even able to turn the graphics up and drive around for a few minutes. Now i just have to play around with the settings and see if the problem re-occurs. It could also still be a heat issue because with high graphics settings my gpu is reaching temperatures in the high 60s(celcius), however i havn't had any problems with other high demanding games (eg. fable) with the graphics turned up high.
jetfx
Ricer
Ricer

Post by jetfx »

60°c is acceptable for your card, issues may come after75°C, nvidia says than the chip holds up to 120°C "i dont belive tht" just make sure ur card does not reach 75°

also tht 60°C is on idle? or load?
use "riva tuner" to monitor ur temp, u can set it to show the core temp when your playing
LuminaryJanitor
Ricer
Ricer

Post by LuminaryJanitor »

If it stops when you crash into something, then it's definitely the motion blur causing it (as this also stops when you do).

Return to “Help & Support”