The New/Prototype/Concept Car Topic

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

What the fudging fudge is up with the 'door'?!
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Yeah looks kinda wierd but I think that doors are cool!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
corvyz6
Drift King
Drift King

Post by corvyz6 »

holy s**t, those saab designers must've had really big brains and imagination!
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Or they have a great pay so they have to create great cars like this one!
User deactivated: Habitual rule breaking; Abject lack of respect for the community.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

I think the door is the best part of the car, its what makes it different from most concept cars.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

looks great but is useless. Ever heard of a thing called rain?

Besides, the doors are opend seprately from the roof, so why open the roof at all?
korge
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

hmmm... I think that doors are opened if roof is open!
Pabl0z
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Pabl0z »

corvyz6 wrote:holy s**t, those saab designers must've had really big brains and imagination!
Saab cars are related to fighter jets like it says in their commercials :).
lol wut
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Ye, but how many Saab cars have you seen equiped with machine guns, missiles and ejecter seats? :lol:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

All of them actually, they just don't tell their customers. ;)
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

yeah... right!
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

BMW Z10.... looks good to me but kinda gallardo style... dont u think?
BMW are to build a new Rear/Centrally mounted V10 rear wheel drive Supercar. Not since 1979 has BMW made a Supercar with the M1, but sources at BMW have revealed that a new Supercar, likely to be called the "Z10" is firmly on the drawing boards. Production could even be at the Rolls Royce Goodwood plant as it already has capacity to build another car. Using a highly developed version of the latest M5 & M6 V10 5.0 litre 500Bhp engines, increased by another 50cc's could make the new V10 capable of developing 550Bhp. Using the latest lightweight materials including aluminum & carbon-fibre throughout weight could be kept to 1200 Kg & have the power to weight ratio of 458 Bhp per tonne. Burkhard Goschel the head of BMW's development is said to "offer the ultimate in lateral dynamics", & must be cable of out performing the V8-powered M3 & Z4M. It will use the latest electronic & mechanical aids to enhance it's road holding capabilities & wind tunnel development will ensure aerodynamic down force is a priority. Active spoilers & venturi underbody will ensure the cars sticks to the road like an F1 car. BMW hopes to keep the price within £90,000 price bracket& sales should start in 2008.
Attachments
Z100001.jpg
news050810z10.jpg
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

This has been posted, but yeah, now that you mention it, it does look like a Gallardo. :shock:
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

lol this is true, looks alot like a lambo
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Yeah, but only from rear side!
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Koenigsegg CCX with a Lambo made a wow in Auto Show in Geneva!
Here are some pref.

4,7l Engine V8 with two mehanical chargers pushes 806 HP on 6.900 RPM/min. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

3.2 sec to 100km/h
1/4 = less than 10sec :shock:
Max speed = 394km/h :shock:
RWD with limited sliding, 6 speed manual shifter! 8)
Carosery made by kevlar!

Dodge introduces Caliber SRT-4 with 300 HP!!

FWD!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

2,4l engine 125 hp per liter
6 speed transmission alowes him to go from 0-100 in less than 6 sec.

So question is! How Caliber with that much power manuever on S roads with his 300hp of FWD? Coz over 200hp pn sterring wheels ends bad! Medal to exceptions!

And for the end!Some idiot things!
Britney and her brother did blow a 360 Spyder! Idiots :roll:
They wana to run from paparazzi and her brother did blow a clutch! How did he do that! :lol:
One preist sold out curch to buy a BMW! Who knows maybe he was possesd with a devil! :lol:
Attachments
dodge.jpg
pop.jpg
cxx.jpg
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Sounds alomst exactly like a CCR which is a tad faster (almost a whole second faster in the 1/4 mile run). Wonder why they made certain parts of the car noticably carbon fibre (front bumper lip, headlights) when pretty much the entire car is already made of the stuff.

-EDIT-
Something tells me that's not a Priest. :? Looks more like he was in a Renaissance Fair. :lol:
SliM_880
Professional
Professional

Post by SliM_880 »

ccx is awesome... with these huge rims it looks amazing...
-Neo-
Ricer
Ricer

Post by -Neo- »

i don't like windshield on ccx, BUT rest is :shock: ing...
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

I dig the Caliber, although I imagine the SRT4 will be a handful (why neither the Caliber SRT4 or Mazdaspeed 3 are AWD, I don't know).

Although, there's a chance that Dodge just might've quelled the handling.

I will say this much - my old Intrepid, despite being a FWD car with over 200hp never had torque steer issues (probably because of the longitudinally mounted engine). It understeered like a pig, but that's probably just as much having a big engine out front, and cheap tires. I don't think the Cadillac STS is too bad either, for having 300hp.
Kid Cro
Banned

Post by Kid Cro »

Hecubus wrote:I dig the Caliber, although I imagine the SRT4 will be a handful (why neither the Caliber SRT4 or Mazdaspeed 3 are AWD, I don't know).

I will say this much - my old Intrepid, despite being a FWD car with over 200hp never had torque steer issues (probably because of the longitudinally mounted engine). It understeered like a pig, but that's probably just as much having a big engine out front, and cheap tires. I don't think the Cadillac STS is too bad either, for having 300hp.
Well if you check you will see that cars with AWD have more sec from 0-100 than FWD or RWD! That mechanism couses more weight to car!

Well all cars over 200hp on steering wheels understeer coz they have less traction on acceleration! Coz engine goes up and Front tires have less traction and slips over terrain while RWD cars does same thing but with better traction and better acceleration! :wink:
boganbusman
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by boganbusman »

The cornering and safety benefits attained from a 4WD system easily make up for the extra weight. You don't buy a small car because you want straight line speed. :roll:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Perfect example: Miata! :D (Yes, I'm obsessed, what of it? :P )
Hecubus
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Hecubus »

boganbusman wrote:The cornering and safety benefits attained from a 4WD system easily make up for the extra weight. You don't buy a small car because you want straight line speed. :roll:
Uhh, that was all that really made the old SRT4 worth buying (considering they started with a Neon, it turned out fairly well, and quick, but it's competitors did handle better).

Anyways, with 300hp in a relatively light car, I think AWD would be quicker than FWD anyways (I know the AWD Grand Cherokee SRT8 is quicker than the RWD 300C SRT8 - they share the same engine, but the Grand Cherokee is better able to get the power to the ground).

I'm guessing it's a cost issue that keeps AWD out of the Caliber SRT4 (although since it's available in the Caliber RT, I imagine we'll see it eventually).
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

Hecubus wrote:I dig the Caliber, although I imagine the SRT4 will be a handful (why neither the Caliber SRT4 or Mazdaspeed 3 are AWD, I don't know).

Thats strange. I had a Corrado VR6 2.9l for a while, and despite being widely regarded as the best handling FWD car out there it still torque-steered on the limit.
boganbusman wrote:The cornering and safety benefits attained from a 4WD system easily make up for the extra weight. You don't buy a small car because you want straight line speed. :roll:
Ive got to side with Hecubus and Bogan here. Comparing my Audi to the Beamer, despite the fact the Audi is about 10hp short of the M3's output, it gets more onto the road.
Because its 4wd, more of the crank HP (remember, thats what manufacturers quote) makes it to the road. Which means an HP loss of 35 in the drivetrain, rather than 90. Which equates to 13.5's, a 5.1 sec 0-60 and 170mph.
The benefits of AWD outweigh the weight, unless you compare older cars (E.G Golf Rallye, but that was underpowered in the first place)
Last edited by steelsnake00 on 08 Mar 2006, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project

Return to “The Cars”