NFSMW How do I?

Ask and answer questions about Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Be sure to search first!
Jdmjunkie
Stock
Stock

NFSMW How do I?

Post by Jdmjunkie »

How do I take downloaded vinyls and put them in the game?
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

you have to get MWTex and i think there is a sticky somewhere around here that tells you how to use it. bascially you right click on it once it is running then you go to mostwanted/cars/pick the car/vinyls
RazoR_MKD
Banned

Post by RazoR_MKD »

Man how much are u gonna post questions like this on forum
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Dude, he's new.. Look who's talking here man. :roll:
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

Hey!I'm new here so I don't know much,I just play.I'm girl and I wanna learn something so one question:How can I create vinyls for NFSMW? :?
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

Ignore Razor he is the forum idiot and has now been banned for obious reasons . Here is how you do it .... ..

First of all you download this :

http://www.edgefiles.com/file.x?id=/nfs ... /mwtex.zip

This is Mwtex it is a program that will let you import custom vinyls into the game .

Before you open it you want to make sure the vinyl you want to import is extrated to a directory where you can find it . I usually extract it to the desktop .

Open up MWtex , the right click the blank page and click load . You then need to load the Vinyl file for the chosen car .

For example , if I wanted to import a vinyl for a Evolution 8 I would right click the blank page and then click load , following that I would find the directory of the evo file folderthis is comannly found here :

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Most Wanted\CARS\LANCEREVO8

Unless you have installed most wanted into a different folder in that case it would be :

)(:\whatever\\whatever\CARS\LANCEREVO8 .

After you have succsessfully loaded the file a list of vinyls should appear in front of you . You need to find the title of the file you want to import within this list , usually there will be a number for example .

192 LANCERV08_UNIQUE03

you will then wanna find : 192 LANCERV08_UNIQUE03 . When you have found the file right click it and then click import then find the vinyl you downloaded . The vinyl you downloaded should be made up of two parts . the normal vinyl and the mask for it make sure when you import the vinyls you match them up .

192 LANCERV08_UNIQUE03 <------------- vinyl

70 LANCERV08_UNIQUE03_MASK <-------------- Mask

After you have done that the file list should refresh . You should now look for the mask for the vinyl in this case its : 70 LANCERV08_UNIQUE03_MASK . Then right click it and import the downloaded or your custom vinyl mask .

When that has refreshed right click on the page ( any file ) and then click exit . Then boot up your most wanted and put on the vinyl .

To get the vinyl you want look at the title the title of this vinyl is :

LANCERV08_UNIQUE03 so in game you will have to put on the unique 3 vinyl on the Evo to get it to show in game .

I think that explains it , if you get stuck feel free to add me to your msn and Ill guide you thru it step by step .

icku89@msn.com

Kind regards

Bam_bam

B&E design .
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

she wanted to know how to create new vinyls. the process is somewhere between simple and hard. it can only be done for PC versions though!

download MWTex, bam_bam posted a link.

go to your Most Wanted installation folder and navigate into CARS\[car you want to create vinyl for]. make a backup of the Vinyls.BIN file.

open MWTex and load the Vinyls.BIN for the car you want to create a vinyl for. look for DEBUG and export it somewhere where you can find it. MWTex uses right-click menus, so don't get frustruated that there are no menus.

now you need a program that can either A) open and edit and save DDS files or B) convert to and from DDS to something normal image editors can use. i suggest the latter, and a program can be found here.

once you've got the converter, you need to convert the files so they can be edited in a image editor. i suggest you get GIMP as it is the best free image editor. this way, you can save the DDS to PNG or TGA format which are lossless formats, and still edit them. GIMP can be found here.

use the DEBUG.DDS as a template for placing your vinyls. it will show you which part on the image corresponds to what part on the car. remember, you CANNOT change the dimensions of the image.

once you're done, convert the file to 256 colors, and save the file, but give a name other than DEBUG. now you need to create a mask. a mask is a file that Most Wanted uses to determine transparency. opaque areas are white and transparent areas are black. so to create a mask, you need to make the opaque areas of the vinyl white and the transparent areas black. then save the mask as a different file. remember, both images MUST be converted to 256 colors/indexed color.

now, if you've been using the GIMP, you need to convert your new vinyl files to DDS files. fire up DDS Converter 2 and select the two new files to convert to DDS. before converting, click the Options button. change the settings so that the dds format is palette-based RGB and no MipMaps are generated. once the files are converted, it's time to import them into the game.

load up MWTex and open the Vinyls.BIN you wish to modify. look for a file to replace. if your vinyl doesnt require any color changes in-game, replace a unique vinyl. if you want a one-color or two-color vinyl, replace a corresponding vinyl. once you've replace the vinyl, it's time to replace the mask. look for a file called [vinyl name you replaced]_M. this is the mask for the vinyl. import the new mask into this file and exit MWTex.

now, it's time to test it in Most Wanted.

EDIT:
i should mention that it's possible to create vinyls that are colorable in the game. solid blue (RGB 0,0,255) is vinyl color 1 in the game and solid green (RGB 0,255,0) is vinyl color 2. please note and remember that it's only possible to create colorable vinyls if you replace one that is already colorable.
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

Thanks bam_bam!I'm starting to ignore Razor in 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 NOW!I wanna ask you one more question:How can I change my avatar,I don't wanna be stock and how can I insert picture in the end of my question? :)
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

Thank prince 1142003!I posted a new question.I hope you can help me. 8)
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

well bam bam doesn't seem to be around right now so i will answer if you dont wanna be stock you got to post. its either 5 or 10 post is when you become a ricer and 50 posts is when you become turbo charged. but dont be like some of the idiots like Razor and post 5 million posts a day then you become a spammer. to change your avatar go to your profile and find a pic on your comp or off the internet just make sure it is the right size if you have to use paint to downsize it. as for the pic at the end of question there was a thread on how to do that i think it is in the help section. hope this helps
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

the Stock is your ranking on this forum. the more posts you make, the more your ranking increases. but this doesn't mean you should be like Razor and go most meaningless messages in random topics! be careful of that.

to change your avatar, you need to create a picture that is no more than 100x100 and no larger than 24KB. then, click the Profile link on the top and scroll down to the Avatar portion. upload the avatar from your machine, and you're gold.

signatures are a bit trickier. you need to host the images someplace other than this site. Imageshack is a good place. then, you need to put this code in your signature, which is editable from your profile.

Code: Select all

[img]Direct Image URL[/img]
please note that there are signature limitations. the entire signature can only be 120 pixels high, including ALL lines of text. the image can be upto 550x120 pizels with a filesize limit at 50KB.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

thanks prince i never got around to putting a pic in my sig but you made it sound so easy that i had to try it and it was easy took 5 mins or so
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

but now your sig is against the forum rules... the max height is 120px INCLUDING lines of text. your image itself is 120px high.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

OOOOPS my bad :oops: forgot about that. there i fixed it
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

Thanks guys you're the best!OK one more question and I'm done:How can I put pictures of my cars in showroom?I now I'm boring but I'm just new thats it. :wink:
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

at the main page, http://www.nfsunlimited.net click on the Showroom link for whichever game. the links are on the left. make sure you're logged in, it should say at the top right corner. you will most likely be required to create a showroom profile, so do that. then create a new garage and click the Upload New Car link. please make sure to read the rules and restrictions on showroom cars. that's it!

oh, and i guess this slipped my mind, welcome to NFSUnlimited! it's good to see some girls playing Need for Speed :lol:.
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

believe it or not I'm very very good driver,also a mad driver! :lol:
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

yea it's nice to finally have a girl on the forums. views form the other gender are pretty useful i think. o look you are a ricer now. most if not all of the people on here are mad drivers including myself. if i see a roadblock i will destroy every single car in the roadblock even if it is a spike strip and i have destroyed/ damaged the heli multiple times :twisted:
Last edited by darknight788 on 18 Jul 2006, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

how can I create showroom profile and garage :?
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

NICE!
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

i think i posted the steps above. i cant help you with any more because i have an existing profile and cant create a new one. sorry!
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

do like what prince said. click on where it says showroom and there should be a link that say create profile or something like that
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

no I log in but there's same page and there isn't anything like create profile.there are users but I can't click on that! :(
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

ok i got it. you log in and it says showroom 3 on the top there and some pics of cars. click on profile if you already dont have a profile there should be a option to create one below where it says showroom 3. now you should see your profile there should be a little button that says add new garage. hope this helps
Jana
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Jana »

what should i do now? (attachment)
Attachments
ImageShack.doc
(62.5 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

Return to “Help & Support”