RQ: Infrasound

Serious discussions on matters not covered by other boards. The un-serious type of users should refer to the Can of Spam.
Te4o_bg
Drift King
Drift King

RQ: Infrasound

Post by Te4o_bg »

I found an infrasound file in the web some months ago. This infrasound was at a frequency that make you shakein fear. It really worked - it was a ad experience.
But this page was closed.

So I want to ask if someone knows a sound library where I can find infrasound to how to my brother - hedoesn't believe me and wants to see for himself.
Jopuma
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Jopuma »

Use the ever so handy Google Search Engine. You may be surprised at how useful it is. :)
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I prefer t3h Wiki.
Wiki wrote:It has long been realized that infrasound may cause feelings of awe or fear. Since it is not consciously perceived, it can make people feel vaguely that supernatural events are taking place.
-EDIT-
Haha, the brown note. :lol:
Te4o_bg
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Te4o_bg »

tried both, but i found no actual link to a sound sample
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Wiki wrote:Some film soundtracks also make use of infrasound to produce unease or disorientation in the audience. Irréversible is one such movie.

In music, Brian "Lustmord" Williams is known to utilize infrasound to create these same feelings.
Being able to research things is very valuable. Check the links.
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Even if you did find a sound sample you would have to own a very expensive subwoofer that can reach that frequency. It's not like your going to get any effects with some bestbuy circuit city or other electronic store stereo, you'd have to order it special from a concert electronics site.
Te4o_bg
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Te4o_bg »

Will my 8KW Pioneer do the trick ... :D
(not actually 8000w but bit lower than that)
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

I have no idea, but if you've ever watched mythbusters, they proved that your not going to crap your pants with this sound. And they had Myer Sound come in with 24 high quality high powered subwoofers and no one that stood in the middle of them crapped themselves.
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

...but the people that stood around the speakers admitted to feeling a bit queasy.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

LOL i have that high pitched noise as a ringtone for my cell phone and everytime my dog hears it he goes absolutely ape shiznit
bashderq
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by bashderq »

That 'high pitch noise' is different from the Brown note mainly 'coz the alledged Brown note is at a very low frequency, from 5 to 9 Hz. Your phone's squeals at 17000Mhz...thats too high for most people to hear except for little kids and those with exceptional hearing at an older age.
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

i can barely hear it i also tried a 20000 hz ringtone and i could hear it but my dog went nuts lol i have the 17000 one b/c that is the highest i can hear it, i remember teachers in my highschool couldnt hearit but my classmates could and everytime it went off the whole class smiled and laughed a little and the techaer was clueless :lol:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I've noticed that my CRT monitor makes a really high pitched sound at certain refresh rate and resolution combos.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

Where i can hear those sounds?? link??? lol...
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

@xHaZxMaTx yea i've heard that too, sometimes when playing games and the screen is real black, kinda weird :?

Return to “General Discussion”