NFSC PC Demo Review - Post yours here

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
jorosv
Ricer
Ricer

Post by jorosv »

hey guys finaly i got detached from the arrows :)

So Graphics:
They are quite nice the level of detail is not imense but it is more than enough, personaly i prefer day-driving :P The game runs smoothly on my machine and i don't have a high end PC to say the least. Yeah i've topped the level of detail and everything to the max, but I am playing from my office pc which IS high-end

Gameplay:
DAAMN the demo is waaaaaay too short, hell i like it. The circuit mode is to circuity for me, i like the new drift mode but i got used to it quite quickly and it is a bit easy. Canyon duels rule, a lovely way of getting on my nerves (in a good way).

Tuner - exotics - muscle
Well i candefinately say that i'll have a muscle and a exotic car, none of the pointless tuner shiznit. The muscle car is gr8 for the duel and the exotics is gr8 for racing and if u can handle it right is very good for drifting. I would never choose the tuner cause it is a bit too easy to handle itain't challenging enough....

Gotta say - a gr8 game will keep me hooked for a long long time ...

Will review sum mo' stuff later
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

@skyline: i can play everything maxxed out (except AA off) at 1024x768 with ~20-25fps , i've just realized that turning off Motion Blur will increase the FPS ALOT , now i'm playing at 1280x960 with ~30fps (which is still suck)
spuit*11
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spuit*11 »

Oh man, when I first played this (the circuit and drift) I was shocked but after about half an hour I'm totally digging it. The less floaty controls, different classes, updated graphics. The racing actually involves hitting the breaks every now and then.

As for the sculpting, very awesome if that's your thing, I just hope I can keep my cars stock as well.

The Canyon racing is pretty kickass too.

btw. I'm actually leaning toward muscle cars right now, I love their handling.

[EDIT] I'm playing everything maxed out (but AA and AF on 2) at 1024×768 and it's running smooth as babies bottoms. I think I can probably go to 1280×1024 without a hassle.
Specs:
P4 3.2Ghz with HT
1024MB DDR RAM(pc2700 :cry: )
7800GT @ stock speeds[/EDIT]
Last edited by spuit*11 on 27 Oct 2006, 19:38, edited 2 times in total.
Boosted420a
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Boosted420a »

spike_minoda wrote:Those screen are at max setting ,i'll go to play it and write a review soon , but one thing is for sure that NFSC is really heavy , a 7900GT cant handle it at max setting/1280x960 !!!!!!
My 7900GT is tearing it up. at max setting. I do have a Opteron 170 running at 2.6ghz though. I have no troubles at all.

Wish I could play it at 1680*1050.
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

I hope my 6600GT can run it good enough.
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

My 7900GT is tearing it up. at max setting. I do have a Opteron 170 running at 2.6ghz though. I have no troubles at all.
Can u monitor your fps and let me know what's the normal fps please ? thanks . coz if your fps get too much higher than mine then it's really bad news for me :(
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Hmmz.. Game also runs bogus on 1280x1024 on my 6800GT, maxed out.

*sigh* I'll have to wait for my 7900GTO and see what happens.
Boosted420a
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Boosted420a »

Ok, i ran the circuit track twice. Once with my card at stock speeds... and then my crazy OC @ 1280x960 max settings. at 500/1500(stock) my fps is like 20-25fps avg. with the crazy OC, 650/1680 I'm only getting maybe 5 more fps, 25-30fps. While there is no lag at all, the fps is disapointing. One thing to make note of is Demo's are usually never optimized. Take Juiced for example. The demo was simply horrible, but the retail game ran excellent(even though the game wasn't all that.). I'm sure the retail game of Carbon will be much better.
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

"nfsc_demo.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

:(
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

Ok, i ran the circuit track twice. Once with my card at stock speeds... and then my crazy OC @ 1280x960 max settings. at 500/1500(stock) my fps is like 20-25fps avg. with the crazy OC, 650/1680 I'm only getting maybe 5 more fps, 25-30fps. While there is no lag at all, the fps is disapointing. One thing to make note of is Demo's are usually never optimized. Take Juiced for example. The demo was simply horrible, but the retail game ran excellent(even though the game wasn't all that.). I'm sure the retail game of Carbon will be much better.
Thanks for the info , my 7900GT run at stock speed and doesnt fall behind too much. I hope that the full game's gonna be better than this, but this is really a slim chance coz ya know , EA is EA , hopefully this is just an old build of the game . Fps is really disapointing :( .

P/S: Try turning off motion blur will increase fps alot , but i noticed that it will not only turn off motion blur but also "depth of field" and some special effect in the game too :|
Boosted420a
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Boosted420a »

It's frustrating because I can run NFSMW @ 1680*1050 max settings, everything on except vsync and still get 50-60fps avg. And I don't see where this game is more 'graphics challanged'. I would think MW would be more graphics demanding due to the fact that its during the day, so you need to see more detail, plus shadows and sunlight... etc,.

I think your right, It must be an old build of the game. Even the cut movies look a bit rough draft.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

First of all my computer is way over the recommended system specs.

The only big issue i have with Carbon is the performance, is the final version the same as the demo then it's not good at all. I have a good gaming computer but i did not feel the smoothness in gaming like in MW and U2, but this is just a demo so hopefully the final version is better (thank good that i get my games for free).

The handling i think is rely OK, i drive with my Logitech MOMO Wheel and the cars response well and it wasn't hard at all to control every situation that did occur. The auto-sculpture was a bit of a disappointment but as i did say before this is just a demo and all features isn't available, the canyon race was rely fun and I forced my opponent out over the cliff the first time 8)

Drift race was OK but when the game don't act as smooth as MW I didn't rely get the right feeling, one thing is clear and that is that drift isn't hard in the game. So as long as the final version runs smoother than the demo i am a happy camper :D
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

Man, my VGA is not that crazy with NFSMW :D. but i agree that this game graphics doesnt look any better than NFSMW, NFSMW have dynamic shadows, sunlight, overbright...etc and it still run alot faster than NFSCarbon.
????
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ???? »

can someone explain to me how it comes that need a comp that is like three times the minimum requirements to play on medium.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

???? wrote:can someone explain to me how it comes that need a comp that is like three times the minimum requirements to play on medium.
It is just a demo so hopefully the final/full version of Carbon is better and optimized.
????
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ???? »

it cant be so big difference, i can only play it with all on low.
wanna play on at least medium.
Redshift
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Redshift »

I can't belive it ! It's too much slow and it lag a lot. I remember playing Most Wanted in full details with my computer...
I hope that the final product will be optimised very well...
spike_minoda
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spike_minoda »

anyone realized that it crash alot ? this is the 3rd time the demo crashed to desktop on my computer, somepeople on EA forum have the same problem too.
Leftos
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Leftos »

Half an hour until I get my hands on the demo and all I can see around the web is negative response to the demo. And it's really frustrating.

People criticise the handling, the way-too-easy and totally unrealistic drifting, the sometimes frustrating sometimes too easy canyon races, the really bad performance.

Are all those demo-specific flaws? Or are the 55 euros not worth the trouble after all?

If there's a time for constructive feedback and detailed reviews, it is now. As soon as I get my hands on it, I'll give you one as well.
I don't use pwned. I use BSODed. It's less cool and harder to say. I know.
spuit*11
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by spuit*11 »

I have non of the problems with the performance you guys mentioned, and I have a less powerfull computer in most cases.

The demo doesn't have a difficulty setting whereas I'm sure the retail version does, also shiznit is bound to get way harder when you progress in the game.

About the drifting, sure it's unrealistic but so was U2's drifting, so is most drifting in games. Who cares? If you want realism, go play some Gran Turismo.

Personally I think the handling is way superior to MW.
-[Drift_King]-
Ricer
Ricer

Post by -[Drift_King]- »

Aw man c'one.Someone please show me some pics with MUSCLE CARS.!!!
????
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ???? »

been testing some graphic settings and it seems to be motion blur(which they done real ugly in this game) and shader detail.

does anyone know what the shader detail do exept headlight.
Dazz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Dazz »

I just tried it on a 5700 (max'd) and it works fine :/ runs better than any other need for speed game.
TheNoobofFerraris
Professional
Professional

Post by TheNoobofFerraris »

-[Drift_King]- wrote:Aw man c'one.Someone please show me some pics with MUSCLE CARS.!!!
Go look in the News section, there is a thread with alot of uploaded pictures.. but anyways theres pictures all over the web of the muscles in Carbon so why not scout them out?. :roll:
Seems like this website is a ghost town. No longer worth a visit or anyone's time.
????
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ???? »

do you have everything on max? even shader and motion blur

Return to “Carbon”