Game crashes more than the cars?

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
bala8oo
Ricer
Ricer

Game crashes more than the cars?

Post by bala8oo »

Is it just me? I have played the game on Xbox 360 since release (big screen an all that) and it crashes frequently, but as many other titles crash, thought nothing of it.

Just got the PC version. Boy it crashes all the time at different points in the game. Sometimes you can have a good run but ocassionally it can crash a few times in a short period.
It aint the PC as have tried it on a couple and with 1gb ram and 256mb graphics there should not be a prob. Have converted to widescreen using the uniws patch thing but was exactly same before hand (only flat!)

Any ideas?
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Not really. The game is just buggy as heck, apparently on all platforms. Hopefully EA will get off their butts and patch the game soon.
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

It's other programs interfering. I have it crash rarely when everything is running for online or a quickie, and it never crashes when I clean boot the computer. I don't even have a patch and it's the earliest release.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

That's true. I've noticed the game tends to run a bit more stable if I've recently booted my computer. Still for example MW has ctd'd for me maybe 5-6 six times overall, for Carbon I can't even count how many times, I'd estimate 100-150 times so far. I'd say about 95% of all game sessions (longer then 20 minutes) end in crash (sometimes I restart right away though).

The first patch I believe didn't even try to fix instability issues, it was for online play.
bala8oo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by bala8oo »

are there any stability patches available yet?
Same happened with Oblivion on PC and the patch available for that turned it into the game it should have been.
Carbon would be so much better if you didn't have to save after every race in case of crashind. Grr!
hugh750
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by hugh750 »

I installed the 1.3 patch laughably thinking it would also fix the single player mode (yeah right)!
But it didn't and today while customizing my car the game crashed to the desktop and i had to start all over (Thanks EA)! :x
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Try turning the detail down - I have a theory that a lot of crashes are related to stressed hardware. I run mine on medium settings even though my card can handle more, and it very rarely crashes. Also, this has the added benefit of removing a lot of the clutter at the sides of the roads and gives you a cleaner track.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

Well i better shut up or GT3x24x7 will strangle me ;)
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

:lol:

Return to “Carbon”