[Beta Test] NFSUnlimited.net Carbon score rankings

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

I had to pull out the analog pad to get through the drift Challenge Series. It was far easier to get through the canyon drifts with an analogue pad instead of a wheel in first person mode.

Just uploaded some 240SX shadows since it seems to be mostly tier 3 cars thus far. I used one I tuned myself, the 240 unlocked through a CE Challenge series, rather than the Bonus car that comes with the game. Not sure if there really is any discernible performance differences between the two.
EcksOa
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by EcksOa »

GT3x24x7 wrote:Ecksoa, most of my canyon sprint times are with BMW (all except Kinfe's Edge - had to pull out the Audi to beat Bojan there).
I noticed that. I got curious and checked the details on the times being posted here. Nice time attack battle going between you and Bojan on Knife's Edge. Very competitive.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

I did a little racing for fun, trying to beat one of GT's times. Took me about 1h on a car I never drove before with keyboard.
I'm sure if I put more effort to it, I can bit his newest time or at least come close :)
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

I added my own, look here to know what and my time. I used my BMW on it and a keyboard. :D I'm propably going to get a better controller, maybe a wheel or joystick, idk.

Morgan Beach Offramp, Checkpoint

Btw, I'm now doing videos about my races and recording shadows so when I'm ready, there is going to be a lot of uploads from me. :wink: In case of wondering, I'm Finalmaster2 on this upload shadow thingy (what a surprise).
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Good point about the analogue game pad - I bought a (cheap) one for Cricket 2007 (called a Logic 3 RumblePad, looks like a PS2 controller) - never really got to grips with it in driving games, but I'll give it another try. Must admit it was the only way I could pass the flying missions in GTA San Andreas...

I've also discovered a small bug-ette with the NFSUnlimited leaderboard system. I completed a reasonable drift on Fortuna Heights with the 1967 Shelby Mustang (what an awesome drift beast, BTW) - if you click on the link on the Leaderboard, it says it was done with the 2007 Shelby Mustang. EDIT: This happens for all tracks.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

DarrenR21373 wrote:I've also discovered a small bug-ette with the NFSUnlimited leaderboard system. I completed a reasonable drift on Fortuna Heights with the 1967 Shelby Mustang (what an awesome drift beast, BTW) - if you click on the link on the Leaderboard, it says it was done with the 2007 Shelby Mustang. EDIT: This happens for all tracks.
1967 and 2006 Shelbys were switched hehe. We have fixed it, thanks for reporting.
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

I found bug in this system. When I downloaded GT3x24x7 ghost from Dover and Lempus, the .zip came to my computer and when I tried to open it, it said that the file was damaged or corrupted so it couldn't be unpacked. I use 7zip.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

found a bug, prob went unnoticed coz mainly bojan and gt3x24x7 have been up top of the leaderboards but when ive posted the fastest time the "Owned by [player]" thingo at the top doesnt change for a few of them (so far: copper ridge, gold valley run, knife's edge) hence the tracks havent been added to my "owned tracks" list and also the tally under "best users" hasnt been increased accordingly so.... yeah =P and still no tshirt bojan o.O
Turbocharger
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Turbocharger »

I can't get a Shadow but since I have a..........special.......version until after christmas (Parents idea, damn them :( ) does that mean I can't get shadows or is there something i've missed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

just a thought, it would be interesting to add a "split time" column next to the posted times to make it easier to know the time difference between each time and the leading time.

& for ne1 whos interested i use a MS multimedia kb which is fairly standard stuff. i find it much more suitable to nfs games than my ps2 controller & logitech dfp wheel. but the thing with kb's is that you need something thats decent, if you cant press 4-5 keys all at once without the kb screwing up then its just not up to the job.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Finalmaster: There was a naming issue with the files that's now fixed. Give it another try. If still no good, test a few other shadows and/or switch to Winzip or WinRAR.

93360: The 'Owned by' thing is fixed. Nice times - how many sleeves you need on that shirt? :wink:

Turbocharger: If you have a PC version of the game, you can make and use shadows. Just follow the directions at the top of any leaderboard page.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

hehe thx GT :D

how many sleeves? :shock:
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Reference to your keyboard use - figure you gotta have at least three arms to drive keyboard that well.. =P
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

OOH... haha
nah i just have a very unique kb layout for the keys =)

if any1's interested accel and steering is the usual: up => accel, left => left, right => right. but my down arrow is NOT brakes (i usually map it to look back but cant in carbon)

space bar => brakes
h => emergency / hand brake
left alt => nos
numpad 0 => speed breaker (i never use it in races)
c => change camera

for gear changing it depends on the keyboard:
on my old kb - n => gear up; b => gear down
my current kb - b => gear up; v => gear down
it depends on which key combo feels more comfortable.

and thats about it really, i call it the "93360 nfs micro" lol =P ive been using it since high stakes days ^^
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

How bout Canyon? Speedbreaker use there?
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

lol canyon races? no way haha speadbreaker ruins the fun, i only ever use it in pursuits and even then only when im coming up to spike strip barriers, otherwise i never use speedbreaker. i dont need it when im racing, especially not in canyon races which is my favorite race type tbh.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Yeh I'm the same, but Bojan makes quite some use of it in canyon races so it's nice to know his times are beatable without sb. For me, I tried using it for canyon, but the times are always slower.
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

what ive noticed is that the revs drop really quickly when you use speadbreaker (even when all you're pressing is the accelerator) so that's why ive always avoided using sb. hence prob why you find using it to be slower as well.
Finalmaster2

Post by Finalmaster2 »

When I use Windows's own .zip-unpacker, the file comes out nicely. For some reason, 7zip says "file is not supported" for .zip. O.O
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by 93360 »

oh another thing, the "best users" column keeps disapearing and then reappears some time later... not sure whether its a bug or it just means sum1 is working on the code or wtva, just pointing that out

Return to “Carbon”