I need some opinions on this Mercedes.

Discuss your favourite cars, racing or non-racing
ahmad0410
Professional
Professional

Post by ahmad0410 »

blah2 wrote:I don't care. I said opinions not criticism. If you don't want me to get a rwd then you go away please. It will still be as i wish. I just asked for opinions what car to get.
Okay. Thats thats then. You stay in this forum till you get your drivers licence and we WILL see you again to know if you got that Z you wanted so badly.
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

Thank you ahmad. Finally a nicer person around here :)
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

My opinion is that you should not get a RWD car.

Oh, wait. I meant you should get that SL65.
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

Lad, i said opinnions. Car names. Not that i should or should not buy rwd or fwd or wtf cars.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Suzuki Cappuccino, sick! \:D/
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

Thank you. Finaly :)
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

I said a name: Citroen ZX.

About the castles in the sky, I think we all agree that that is true. You are not 18, but 15. And even a 18 years old dude is not mature enough to drive a 350z, let alone the SL65.

This is the way as I see it, I would like others to comment this:

1. wait 3 years.
2. Cool! you are 18 now. Get the driving licence. Notice that driving real life cars has nothing to do with driving NFS cars.
3. buy the Citroen ZX, or another old school low powered FWD car.
4. Practice with it during 6months or 1 year. At this period you will learn how to drive properly, how to park, how not to collisionate with other objects/cars/persons and basically how not to do a public danger :lol: (every starter is, more or less, no offence ;) )
5. nice! now you are able to get something harder. What about a low powered RWD? i.e. an old, cheap bimmer.
6. drive the rear wheel drive BMW for 2 years and check how it is harder to control at certain moments than a RWD. but at the same time, it feels better somehow! Well, go practice to a mountain road and other lost routes with almost no traffic.
7. You are 21 years old now. Sell the bimmer and get the damn 350z.
8. Be responsible and enjoy.
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

9. Guess that's right
10. I thought of vw golf 5.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I would just like to give you the benefit of my experience on this.

My first car was a 0.9l Citroen AX - this taught me how to drive, and I thought I knew it all.

Then, when I was 21 (I'd been driving 4 years by then), I bought an Opel Manta 1.8 (RWD, only 90 BHP but light as f***). Like you, I love RWD cars, and I still say that that Manta was my favourite car I've owned (even though I've since owned much higher performance cars). That car would leave 1.9 205 GTi's standing at traffic lights if you got it just right!

Then, one day, it bit me, and it bit hard! I volunteered to pick my dad up from the station after he had been in London, and the weather was appalling. Heavy snow, icy roads and the council hadn't bothered to grit. Bearing in mind that I was driving below the 30 MPH speed limit at the time, I still accelerated slightly too hard and spun through 180 degrees, with a Range Rover coming towards me. Somehow myself and the Range Rover managed to miss each other (probably due to his 4WD system) JUST, but it still shook me. This would just never happen in a FWD car!

I know you won't like this, and I'm sorry, but I agree you should start off with some old junker until you get some experience, then get that 350Z when your insurance is down to a reasonable level.

EDIT: VW Golf is a perfect choice, BTW! I can say this as my current car is basically a VW Golf with a different body (Seat Leon) - most reliable car I've owned, despite the fact I use it for my job covering 40,000 miles per annum, normally full of stuff; it has a hard life and has never let me down!
blah2
Drift King
Drift King

Post by blah2 »

Yeah. I meant the new vw golf 5 , the 2005 one :)
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Even better! If you can afford a MK5 model, go for it. I think you'd be happy with it until you build up some No Claims Discount, then trade up for your dream car :D
SomeKindOfMonster
Drift King
Drift King

Post by SomeKindOfMonster »

Doesnt matter what car you get, the accident rate is that high at the moment, that you will probably be involved in a crash at some stage in the first 8 months of driving. I'd suggest getting something low powered for your first car, and something carby'd, no fuel injected. Simple reasoning, you will learn the basics of your car, and repairs will be a lot cheaper. There is no such thing as a good driver, you could drive for 30 years and still not be a good driver, because cars are unpredictable period

I drive on average 4 or 5 different cars a day (delivering customer cars etc) and yes I can drive most cars and light trucks with ease, but this doesnt mean I am a good driver. The best advice I could probably get is get an older RWD car, and take it out of town to a farm or some open space away from public roads, and just let loose. The only way to learn how to avoid spinnouts etc is to first get the feel as to what traction loss feels like etc. When I was your age I bought 3 clapped out Ford sedans for 150 bucks, and drove them into the ground practising skids, wet driving, driving fast and locking the brakes etc, to get a feel for it, so that if it happened on a public road, it would be less of a surprise. Sorry for the big rant, but i'd rather say all that then have one name dissapear off the forum due to a car accident
Tuners Rock
New Age Fanboi
New Age Fanboi

Re: I need some opinions on this Mercedes.

Post by Tuners Rock »

blah2 wrote:Yep. I am planning into getting this car as soon as I get 18. It's a Mercedes SL65 AMG.

I want to know your opinion , tips on this car. Should I buy it? By the way I am 15 and I want to know if a car like this will be getting old by then.

DID YOU REALLY HAVE TO QUOTE THOSE PICS???

Also,

color black
interior grey
engine V12 cylinders twin turbo
5980 ccm
450 kW / 612 PS
1000 Nm
top speed 250 km/h

Though the second hand price may get under 70 000$ I hope.

If not I am gonna buy a .....

The Mercedez Benz to me is like a girls car stock, no offence to you though. The peugot to me is really ugly.
Last edited by Tuners Rock on 27 Dec 2006, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

If you don't mind me asking, where in the social pyramid do you and your family stand?

Anyway....
Perfect car for a guy like you:

1989 Nissan 240SX

Can be purchased under 10k, is rwd, a pretty popular tuner. If you like Silvia's, they make lots of conversion kits for it.

350Z? SL65? Peugot?

Sorry kid, I'm 14, and I even don't dare to dream that high. I'd be happy if I got my dad's 97 Camry as a starter.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

I owned a French car once - badly screwed together & very unreliable, but in its favour, I must say it drove quite nicley. Would never buy another one though. Therefore, I would avoid the Peugeot like the plague.

German, Japanese or dare I say it, (modern) British is the way to go.
steelsnake00
Professional
Professional

Post by steelsnake00 »

DarrenR21373 wrote:I owned a French car once - badly screwed together & very unreliable, but in its favour, I must say it drove quite nicley. Would never buy another one though. Therefore, I would avoid the Peugeot like the plague.
I've driven Clio V6's, my mates 180GTI, and a 106 Rallye, and they all go, but don't feel anything special at all.
'01 Triumph TT600- Race spec everything
'94 Audi S2 Quattro- Road legal track project

Return to “The Cars”