Audi Quattro & Xbox Live

2006 Need for Speed Carbon
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Audi Quattro & Xbox Live

Post by Truestar »

Well, I have been hardcore in Xbox Live lately in terms of Carbon. I'm trying to gain experience with the XP levels, and just actual experience. I've been doing Unranked matches to work my way up to ranked, I figure if I can do ranked matches, I can certainly do everything.

However, something I call a problem I've encountered quite a bit lately. In many races, people keep using the Quattro they get from Darius. Now don't get me wrong, its a good car, it looks nice and the states are unbelieveable. However, when three people all use it in one race, it irks me.

So now I "avoid" any players using the Audi for bad sportsmanship. I find it to be a "god car", of sorts. When I thought about it last night before going to bed, and this morning in the shower, and I can see two sides to the story.

Side one, is win win win. The Audi is possibly the fastest car in the game, and if you look for winning, and nothing else, you probably would pick the Audi. Its there isn't it? If they put it there then you can use it, right?

But side two, my side, is that even if its there, a true winning racer can modify almost any car, make it look good, and win with it. Proof of that statement? My Dodge Challenger smoked three Audi's last night, because the newbs couldn't handle the car. However, what about the good racers who can bring out the full potential in the Audi?

So my question to you is, is it really fair? Is the Audi just another car, or should we pick our own car, and win with that one, look good, in that car. Or should we all just turn into Audi winning NFS players?

Obviously, this has baffled me quite a bit. :?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Not really. Yesterday I raced vs. some dude with oxp 20 (which imo means that he's not a total noob), saw he was using gallardo or some other car. I chose the audi and won the race by huge advantage. So the next race he chooses the audi and I choose the lancer. Once again I win the race by a large advantage. Next race he chooses the lancer and I choose the audi. Same thing again.
For speedtrap the audi is actually a bad choice (I've won 1600 to 1300 corvette vs. audi). Keep in mind that I'm an average racer compared to shadow rankings.

But there is one reason I do like the audi: it's because I know the other racers using it have the same settings for it as me. Which means the only thing separating us is the driving skill. With other cars performance tuning makes a big difference.
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

ive just gotten xbox live and carbon and i see many people choose the audi as well. i usually smoke em with my super handling lotus elise since almost all the tracks they pick when they drive it has countless numbers of turns.

I usually see more corvette drivers on live that Audi drivers though
spectre01
Drift King
Drift King

Post by spectre01 »

try use manual transmission, it has a huge advance in carbon. when my OXP level was 3, i smoked many audi n00bs (OXP 30~70) with my custom BMW M3. and now im learning to drive corvette. so manual transmission is a good thing to learn :)
Truestar
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Truestar »

Bojan wrote:But there is one reason I do like the audi: it's because I know the other racers using it have the same settings for it as me. Which means the only thing separating us is the driving skill. With other cars performance tuning makes a big difference.
Okay, I can see the philosophy in that.
yammer_y2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yammer_y2 »

Truestar, I just want you to be aware that there always are players who are not that good. So when a really good player is racing against a not-so-good one, the better player should be able to win using a lesser car.

In my opinion, when 'noobs' use the Audi, there's nothing wrong with it because all it does is help them close the gap between the better players and themselves. If, not, at least it helps them feel better.

In NFSMW, many people were using the Carrera GT for online races, and it just blew everything out of the water.

So my point is, there really is nothing wrong with using the Audi, I really do feel that it's a matter of personal preference, and I do respect those who feel otherwise.

As for myself, I like using the Audi for circuits and sprints due to its predictability during powerslides, but I do use the Lancer and BMW on canyon tracks, as well as the Corvette for speedtraps.
*sig removed for being too big. limits are 550x120px and 50kb*
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

One car that is very good, if not even better than the audi, is the corvette. I've seen people do extremely good times online with it even on sprints (including canyon) and circuits. But it takes more skill to master it than the audi.
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

Very true. In the right hands the Corvette is unbeatable at many tracks, including Main St, Dover St, Kempton Docks, Mission St, Waterfront Rd, most speedtraps, and others. It's all a matter of choosing the right tool for the job.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

The Corvette on Dover St is just brutal it wipes the floor with the audi.

Return to “Carbon”