TuningChallenge: Mazda Miata MX5

The news visible on the main page
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

TuningChallenge: Mazda Miata MX5

Post by Bojan »

Here they are, the winner of the competition with the most entries so far, the Day 4: Mazda Miata MX5 Challenge:

Winner: Summ!

Second place: gXa

<center>Image
Summ's Miata</center>

<a href="http://www.nfsunlimited.net/?go=tc&p=fi ... id=4">View Final Rankings</a>
Jaka
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jaka »

I certanly didn't like this challenge. Like 90% of all cars had widebody kits on them :roll:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

yep I am sad to say I voted faily low.... cause of the widebody's

Glad Summ won cause his was one of the nicer cars :D
steffG09
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by steffG09 »

yeah i agree. 8's and 9's were very few. nice to see that the winner earned the win by choosing and matching bodyparts instead of slappin on a widebody
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

hehe, *bows* Thanks guy, there's nothing I hate more myself than widebody kits .. ugh. Am just glad one of my cars made it into the semifinals =) VERY GLAD :D
NIBBIOitalia
Ricer
Ricer

...not properly the BEST Miata...

Post by NIBBIOitalia »

...not bad Summ's car! :?
...But RIXAN's car had to be 1st:IT'S DEFINITELY BETTER ...it deserved to be a Semi-Finalist! Just look the Style and offcourse the comments :!:
That's all !

Continue so Rixan :wink:
:arrow: :arrow: ITALIAN DESIGN RULEZ :!:
h3llraz0r
Stock
Stock

Post by h3llraz0r »

am i right that this community is mostly american and australian?

lol....i should quit taking challenges on sites from other countrys...cuz the taste of style rly differs from the european. i got #11 in the first tuningchallenges with cars i don't rly think they're cool....than i build that awesome (for me and my friends) mx5 and got #33 in mx5challenge.

so i don't really think i make a lot of sense to go on with stylin :?
beaTstEaK
Ricer
Ricer

Post by beaTstEaK »

man...my lil bro with his damn accounts...last post from me ;)
my lil bro was still loggend in -.-
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

I gave Summ 7points. Honestly, I prefer this little Italian MX5 :)
Go Rixan, go! :)
RickITA
Stock
Stock

Post by RickITA »

Dear beaTstEaK I'm with you! :!:
You're right...maybe you shouldn't be so extreme("...I should quit taking challenges on sites from other countrys"...)! Your Mx-5 was simple and fashioable car...not to be placed on 33rd Place! As NIBBIOitalia said before, just look at Rixan's car....IT'S SPACY !!! I got 15th, my car is elegant like yours...and I spent lot of time on placing decals and vinyls as good as I could! IT THINK THERE ARE LOTS OF USERS WHO KEEP DOWNRATING OTHER CARS!!! THAT'S NOT FAIR! And I go MAD when Someone says "Ah Italian..Mafioso!" :x :evil: and look at this!!!
I'm Italian and Proud to be Sicilian
...cuz Nothing compares to THE ITALIAN STYLE & DESIGN! 8)

Vai Rixan!!! Show us other cars! Ciao
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

wow, how many Italian guys are coming into! lol

Honestly, I prefer all the Demo-cars made by ... ???... than the TC winners. This is what I think.
RickITA
Stock
Stock

Post by RickITA »

:D Right Dani350z !! :D
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

Well now .. I'm half italian as well ... are you still against me italians? lol .. By the way, Italy is known for fashion and style, but the fact you're italian doesn't mean YOU have style, it's not a thing you inherit from your country ... specially not when it isn't you who dictate the rules. In this case the vinyls are premade .. the cars are premade .. the parts are premade, it's just a question of putting them together, call that style. Of course there's way and way to do it, I personally loved my miata, and so did other ppl as well. If you didn't, well, sorry for you to see me win then.
It's true that there are many firstcomers in this competition, many such as yourself RickITA, NIBBIOitalia, and RIXAN himself as far as I know, and it is true that many "noobs" aren't acquainted with the rules and guess they can just be cool and downvote worthy cars to up themselves. Downvotings DO get caught however, and this keeps the whole thing fair mostly, thus there's little to say about the outcomes. That said, and being italian myself, I know italian mentality, and I know that if others will downvote, you guys will sure as hell upvote on each other just because of the nationality you share, hypocrisy to the max .. classical fault I've known for nearly 20 years. I dare you say the opposite ..
I agree that RIXAN made a splendid car, but if you look at the score, it wasn't so far from my own car. He had some ppl feeling less good about his than about mine, and he went down a couple of levels ... oh well, shiznit happens, move on I guess .. or keep hacking about it ... another italian fault I'm well acquainted with .. polemics .. Just look at the Serie A .. sigh
Oh well, just my 2 cents on nationality and today's outcome and how ppl look at it.

PS. Though I'm half italian and half dane, my policy is that I'm MYSELF, I don't want to be associated with neither of the two cultures/countries. Being called spaghetti italian or mafioso ... Pavarotti or Pizzaboy is simply non-original and emptyheaded, just like calling the germans nazis ... or the dutch cheeseheads ( LOL, no harsh feelings Stiggy ;) )
beaTstEaK
Ricer
Ricer

Post by beaTstEaK »

pweh...i thought is was the only one :D

yeah....the winner cars are rly not my favs, and many others cars are "crappy" (sry) but there were a handful cars i rly rly rly like and there placed 30-40 +

like an old german phrase said: u can't argue about the taste (of other ppl) [translated]

:)
popicutz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by popicutz »

well i`m not gonna get into nationalities matters... i`m okay only sayin` GJ Summ ;) !!!
KekumRulez
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KekumRulez »

I like YOUR car, summ. It is really cool!

btw: Dutchies = cheesehead? lolImage=oké!
beaTstEaK
Ricer
Ricer

Post by beaTstEaK »

popicutz...i don't guess nationality matters...i know it does.

for example: have a look @ the american tunerscene and the european tunerscene. these are 2 different dimensions. famous cars like honda civic or acura (honda) integra look so much different in both countries. cuz 2 nationalities = 2 different tastes of cartuning. maybe the americans says hey there're no decals and vinyls on that car, thats crap! and a german would say....god praise the lord...if there were decals on that car and 2 much color the car would look awful :\.

america=monstertuning (huge spoilers, freaky colors, big, BiGGeR, INCREDIBLE HUGE!)

europe=pure tuning (a car looks like a car, small spoiler, smooth colors like marine blue, black, grey, no vinyls.... much power with style)
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

that's in real life. here, cartuning turns into cartooning too often. :)
popicutz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by popicutz »

beatsteak there is no doubt ...
but i was trying not to involve and discuss nationalities, i wasn`t questioning their importance
Rixan
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Rixan »

Oh, everyone's talking about me :o
...and italian design :!:
Well, that's the fact: Summ's got the highest rate, he won the Miata Competition,ok not everyone likes his car(...me to :( )but just look at the others rates:
-Summ== 6.93
-Gxa=== 6.68
-Drewb99== 6.61
-Exonn== 6.58
-Rixan== 6.48

There's just 0.45 points difference between the 1st and the 5th (me)!!!
What I'm going to say now is this:Summ,you wrote a long reply asking if we Italians are "still against you"...NIBBIOitalia and RickITA doesn't seem to be against you;they only wrote that my car(their opinion) looks better than yours...and (still their own opinion!)it deserved to be at least 2nd,that's it!!!Then you start talking about "Italian Mentality" :shock: ......and "Hypocrisy to the max" :lol: ...well I should just say "NO COMMENT" about that :?
Ciao.
Summ
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Summ »

I don't really care if they like it or not, what I do care about is the way it was written, which felt rather wrong to me, that's why I started the italian menthality discussion .. it would be italian in a nutschell to complain about downvoters, and then upvote other fellow countrymen (hypocrism) which is something I know quite well having lived in italy for 10 years .. anyway, that said, alot of fus about nothing, in the end I'd just be careful in expressing my opinions too colourfully .. in all senses, as it might stir up unmeant attention. That said, if you still have something you feel like discussing about with this matter, you're welcome to private message me ... in italian if that's more comfortable for you .. again, no hard feelings, and good luck with the rest of the competition Rixan and co.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Peace in the forums!!
@Summ: I dont like your car. I gave it 7, but I dont know why, probably now would give you 6, even 5. I love your lost Eclipse, I voted all of them and only found two really beautiful like yours. Dont shout at Italian boys, they seem to talk honestly. :)

@Rixan: I like your car lovely little MX5, but it is not perfect. I thought voted 9 or something like that.
NIBBIOitalia
Ricer
Ricer

Post by NIBBIOitalia »

Dear Summ,

"I should be careful in expressing my opinions too colourfully"??? Hey man,I don't know what you mean!?There was nothing "too colorfull" (except Italian Design Rules)...or aggressive!I even didn't called your name...there's nothing about you(or even your mx-5) on my Reply!Now,what's your problem??! Can't I express my own opinion????:o
I started my reply with :"not bad Summ's car..." that means = it's nice! So why did you get so upset ? What was wrong with my reply?
Also RickITA didn't mention your name in his reply,he just replied to BeatSteak about "European Taste"!
I think that's enough (BASTA!)

CIAO CIAO :)

Return to “News”