E3: Video Interview at Gamespot

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

E3: Video Interview at Gamespot

Post by Skyline_man »

GameSpot posted a new 12 minutes video interview with producer Mike Mann showing the same E3 demo that was shown before at GT, but this time its much longer, where he shows the damage by totalling the car several times (restarting each time of course), and actually racing through the Nevada desert speed challenge to the end.

It was also mentioned that demos for different platforms (PC, PS3, X360) will be available in October, and that it may have additional new cars and tracks.

Since there is no download link for the video yet, you can watch it here.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Re: E3: Video Interview at Gamespot

Post by xturbo »

Excellent...BUT....the downloads are getting tooo slooowww in this server bro. IF you can do the SAME movement as before (uploading at least the low version when they come available to download of course) you'll do again the magical movement lol :wink:

It looks cool this time skyline_man, oh and thanks for the info of course. 8)
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Looks like EA might have finally gotten something right. Really liking the smoke, and like it even more now that it's confirmed that the smoke can actually factor into the gameplay (e.g. blinding an opponent's screen with your smoke trail).

Like the damage, although not quite sure how I feel about the "dumbed down" performance impacts. Really intrigued by the serious consequences EA is putting on the damage. You only get one main car and one backup. Total one, and you have to restart with the other car. Total both, and race over. That's some serious consequences.
But the impacts of the damage don't appeal to me that much, especially the impacts on performance. I mean, no impact on handling if you manage to totally decimate the front left part of your car? Very unrealistic. Still, I guess it's better than what we've had in the recent past. Also, did anyone else notice the speedometer pulsating red as the car took more and more damage?
Bulldozer
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Bulldozer »

Looks great to me but......
They always showing RX-7 why don t they sometimes show RS 4 or Eclipse
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

prince1142003 wrote:Also, did anyone else notice the speedometer pulsating red as the car took more and more damage?
Yep, noticed that too.

and i agree about the performance impact, i mean...at a certain part of the video, the car had "Heavy Damage" and i didnt notice any slowdown in the top speed nor the acceleration. :roll:
Porsche-AG
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Porsche-AG »

Still... you should give them credit for making quite realistic damage models. I'm very impressed with both that, the smoke, and the graphics. Now I'm really not sure whether a Wii version would be better than a PC version because those graphics are amazing. And anyone else notice how the guy avoided all the other cars? I'm thinking that they either haven't finished the damage models or they just don't want us to see the better cars being damaged.
-hidden-
Drift King
Drift King

Post by -hidden- »

I like it.. i wasnt sure at first whether this would just be another spinoff from UG2, but now I see it looks like a pretty kewL game.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

the other cars did have a damage model, there was a vid where he tore off the bumper of one of the lancer evos.

Return to “News”