NFS: Underground 2 official thread.

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
nightrider
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nightrider »

OK. We had Gamespot's First Look and IGN's First Look.

Now here's 1UP's first look. Enjoy it. :D

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1602609,00.asp
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

-> Bodykits topic: It would be great to get real-life parts, but IMO it is no necessary, providing that kits were beautiful and logical). Stupid kits, like 206-Vapor kit in nfsu1 must be removed from nfsu2. About kit names, I dont think they were stupid. Wolfpack, Frenzy, Ace... what do you purpose???

-> New interview... thx to nightrider! :) Basically they are said the same things that in other interviews. I have found 2 news:

1) <<We've also designed the events so that you can go back and play any event over again>>
WHAT?? IMO this is a stupid feature! If I understood it well, you can participate in an event and once passed, you can do it again.. ??? So you can do 20times a certain event that is easy to you and win cash 20times? And it is no realistic to do 20times the same race with the same opponent. Storyline has fallen......

2) <<In fact, you'll be required to own more than one car, because there will be certain events that you won't be able to do with certain cars>>
Interesting... Maybe he is talking about a SUV championship? lol
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

I just hope they remove flaws from the game - the miata is a good track car, but no way in hell would it make a better drift car than an s13 180sx.
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

With those new adjustable spoilers everyone'll just set them all the way down for downforce because EA probably won't render drag ingame :roll:

And I really hope that the level 3 kits don't make your car magically faster than level 2 or 1 or stock.
dougie02
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dougie02 »

I dont understand what some of you are getting so fired up about.

In regards to bodykits, I dont see the need to have licensed kits. I see no problem with them as they are now in NFSU1.

And in repeating the races, I imagine he just means you can repeat the races FOR FUN. I really doubt that he means you can beat a race an infinte number of times for money and prizes. Thats silly.

Posting in all caps makes you look like a troll.
bronco
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bronco »

i really odnt like the that visual mods improve performance thing, cause i like having simple cars, that means were gona need super big wings and ugly hood scoops..i just want a fast sleeper rx7!
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

hmm...ok yeh the japs sorta started going overnaord with there creations. *not mutch left to create*
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

dougie02 - people who know a thing or two about tuning real cars want Real bodykits, not the fantasy crap. If you have no understanding of what Veilside makes, or Blitz, for example, that of course, you wouldn't know what to compare it to.

But anyone who knows the difference will never want the fake fantasy crap they give = that's why "everyone" is worked up about it - a game with a lot of potential, visualy is being taken apart before it is even out. Bad kits, same car models as in NFSU1, same wheels, same fantasy kits that look ugly to most people. That's dissapointing because everyone here wants NFSU2 to be perfect, but what they are showing sometimes causes to go "wtf?".
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

One problem I'm concerned, where is the Style Reputation? You know, the 5 yellow stars in NFS Undergound 1? Will there be any "Level 1 / 2 / 3 visual upgrade and unique" parts?

Thx!!
Grez~Supra_RZ-S
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by Grez~Supra_RZ-S »

Fact is, Im not prepared to dish out £40 on a game thats the same as one I already have, except a few different cars, and different tracks. For that money, I want a completely new game. Again, thats why Ill be buying juiced, plus like you said urq, ill be able to make a replica of mine :D
*sig removed for being too big. limitations are 550x120px & 50kb*
Vimenze
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Vimenze »

So many decisions already made about which game to buy... :roll:

Dewd... this is what they teached me and this is what i give to you my son (hehehehe .. ok it's early ;))

Why make a decision in an too early stadium, who knows it might change all over and then everybody likes NFSU: 2, EA can still surprise us with alot of stuff, just because Juiced has one or 2 cool cars in it that everybody loves to drive, so what?

I personally still go for NFSU: 2, but i leave my options open till fall 2004 ;)
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

50 cars all with licensed kits and wheels and performance tuning. Not 1 or 2 cool cars :roll:
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Does Juiced support 2048x1792 resolution? Nfsu2 yes :) (I think) Just see the 3new screenshots. We will have to wait years to get 2048res. monitors and play at max. quality. Like in nfs3, there was too much difference between play in my Pentium 200mhz and 3years later with my AMD1.4ghz lol
UrQuattro
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by UrQuattro »

Well, I have LCD monitor and it won't support even 1600*1200 - seriously, that resulution is good if you have a 23in LCD or smth but those cost more than 1500USD , so very few people have them(even less of those play nfsu, lol). That's just silly - not a selling point for me at all.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Yeah, as said a nfs producer, games force to the limit to hardware possibilities.
I watched closely the screenshot and Im not sure if 2048 is the real resolution. Some things look to be so pixeled, for example in the RX7 screenshot, the traffic car headlights...
But you have reason. Most of ppl will play at 1024 or 1280.
dougie02
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dougie02 »

I do some of the bodykits that those companies make. Dont automatically asssume I am ignorant.
2furio
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by 2furio »

I have read that people don't want to spend 50 dollard on NFS UG 2. Well, why don't you just download it. :) Hasn't anyone thought of that?
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

No man... If you are a real fan of racing games, you must buy it legally. I love nfs series so bought nfsu and spent 50Euros. It is no so much money, but you have to save a bit during some time. Believe me, there are so many advantages if you buy it.
marshallpre1
Drift King
Drift King

Post by marshallpre1 »

i watched the trailer, and paused the last clip, where it says the legal writing, etc... and i definitely saw the following cars from my favorite company: Corolla, IS300, Celica, and SUPRA i think im pretty happy right now....:) my dream car (supra) and the car i drive now (corolla) seem to be in the game :D
yaya
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yaya »

Yeah the IS300 is a very nice touch, i just pray that they'll add a BMW M3
nightrider
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nightrider »

I was bored so I decided to search Google for some interviews (again) and found one.

http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/826 ... terview/p1

If you read the interview it says there will be GULL WING DOORS!!! :D

Here's a pic if you dont know what Gull Wing doors are. :D lol. It looks like the cars flying.

PS: There's also a pretty good quality trailer on the 2nd pg of the interview if you didnt already watch it.
Attachments
2004-Volvo-YCC-Concept-F-OD-1024x768.jpg
(19.19 KiB) Downloaded 3780 times
Last edited by nightrider on 30 Jun 2004, 16:53, edited 2 times in total.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Thx nightrider :)
It was logical. If they are scissor doors, it must be another type too. 'Wingulls' (as I like to call them) are nice, but I still prefer scissor. I will put that open system in my Z.
And there are probably more open systems. Think of cars with 4doors, probably there is an option to convert them into a 2-doors cars. And what about RX8 open system? I add a pic, because some of you probably not know it.
Attachments
RX8-doors.jpg
Original open system!
(100.33 KiB) Downloaded 3770 times
nightrider
Drift King
Drift King

Post by nightrider »

Yeah!!! The RX-8 door opening system would be nice. Opening all of these car doors make me wonder if there will be interior customization. I hope so.
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

all i can say is wooopdy dooo!. yay nfsu2!!. :lol: yeh tha would be nice to have the doores open in the rx-8
PowerSandro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by PowerSandro »

when I'm reading the interview that nightrider post I take a little bit confused...
look this:
Greg Uhler: There were two point systems last year: style points and reputation points. Reputation is really what unlocked parts and visual things, while style was a smaller focus in unlocking vinyls and items like that. This year, style affects this Gamebreaker NOS. The more stylish you drive (finding shortcuts or sliding around corners) gives you more NOS.

He don't say recharge like some people said... I think it how many style points you had is how much nitro you can START the race, like a bonus because you have more habilities! If it's in this way is not so bad!

Return to “Underground 2”