NFSPS PC Demo Out !!

Need for Speed ProStreet News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
UNQE
Stock
Stock

Re: NFSPS PC Demo Out !!

Post by UNQE »

Last edited by UNQE on 03 Nov 2007, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
elie8
Drift King
Drift King

Post by elie8 »

hey guys i used DAP to download the demo ( download accelerator ). it got me from 25kb/s to 128 kb/s, so i'll be done in about 4 hours :D :P . i think the demo is gonna be gr8.
What Comes Around, Goes Around ...
ShinyG
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ShinyG »

Downloaded it, installed it, played it!
The demo is the shortest I ever saw, no tuning, just 2 simple races...

My opinion on the game:
Just another "tuning race game" from EA...
The handling is just as arcade as the previous post NFS Porsche games. The damage system is there only to shut the fans' mouth because it looks useless...
For example, if you are in a speed-challenge, you can crash into a post and get totaled. Well, until now if you crashed into a post without damage in a "speed-trap" type of game, you would probably restart anyway just because you would get left too far behind. This, coupled with the fact that "light damage" doesn't seem to have any impact on performance and "heavy damage" is quite rare and you can still win races, make the damage system just a show-off feature...
Also, how is speed-challenge an "all new" game mode!?!
I hate EA's propaganda machine...
Conclusion: RENTAL!
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

ShinyG wrote:the fact that "light damage" doesn't seem to have any impact on performance
it does affect your top speed
GLoPJe
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GLoPJe »

played it downloaded took me 15min
and the game looks good
the cars steer like shiznit really really sucks
damage is nice but its not needed
smoke is cool
but it really bothers me that the cars cant steer in a proper way :cry:
and in the speed trap mode if u get off the road the car goes from 280km h to 50 km h in 3seconds without even braking
TRANSFORMER
Stock
Stock

Post by TRANSFORMER »

"Are You Smoking?!" :roll: :roll: :roll:
PS: "Smoking?!"
PS: "Smoking?!"
or an Example of the...
"Crashing Cars!"
"Crashing Cars!"
Hehehey Enjoy Them! :roll: :roll: :roll:
skully25
Stock
Stock

Post by skully25 »

looks like I'm getting a PS3, my 2 year old PC can't even handle the demo properly on low detail (AMD3200+, radeon X800, 1 gig ram) and I can't be bothered with upgrading my entire computer...

these demo's these days, 800 mb for a 1 level demo, jeesh
edit: didn't see the second race because of the rather unclear menu screen :|
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

Got it finally (thanks for the mirror list :D )

First impressions are that the handling is far better than the last 6 NFS games. Finally they have some weight transfer when going into corners that does not unbalance the car unrealistically. You can feel the springs load up giving you the chance to control the car on the limit and not just lose it.

The sense of speed is pretty good too but I still don't understand the overly huge tunnel vision feeling in the speedtrap event. Also winning those seems to be a case of not crashing as the AI all totalled themeselves when I played it.

The grip race felt good but it was noticable that the GT-R was standard compared to the modified RX-7's. This is good as that distinction was increasingly blurred in MW and Carbon.

Overall the demo is just a very short glimpse of the full game. Not gonna be groundbreaking but then its not going to be that bad either. Certainly the best offering since Porsche 2000 as most seem to refer back to that as the best.
Driv2Slow
Professional
Professional

Post by Driv2Slow »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!

Finally finished the download but Im missing some technique thing so I cant play it :evil: :evil: :evil:

Driv2Slow
Mr. NOS
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mr. NOS »

soneone here is runing it on a laptop?

here it start loading the game and then crashes to windows
Stavros_gr11
Stock
Stock

Post by Stavros_gr11 »

Im running it with: AMD64x2, eNVIDIA8600gt 512mb, 2gb ram, and kicks ass!!!! The game is wonderfull!! I love crashing this M3 :D :D
samurilos
Drift King
Drift King

Post by samurilos »

Ight lemme give my rundown opinion

The intro is intense and nice
The menus are average
The graphics is very sweet
The game play sucks big time, i thought it would be a case of getting use to it but man to turn the car, it feels like im wrestling it and thats not even simulation or arcade, thats more like a whole new category...garbage, i hope though that its jus those demo cars that handle like that, cuz if they all handle similar to these, this will be the worst nfs gameplay wise, im really only interested in seeing them make a nfs underground 3, not carbon or w.e other b.s they wanna come up with.

They shud stick to what they are good at, performance, appearance tuning + arcade gameplay.

Thus far id have to say the underground series have been the best of the nfs series since porsche unleashed.I really hope the full version is better gameplay wise...

ss i took on 7900gs
Note: CLick image again, to see proper size.
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7323 ... 006nu2.jpg
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/8715 ... 009ox5.jpg
Dragster
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dragster »

Driv2Slow wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!

Finally finished the download but Im missing some technique thing so I cant play it :evil: :evil: :evil:
Check if your video chipset is supported, I got the same message with me coolest R9000 :mrgreen:
Dillyracer
Stock
Stock

Post by Dillyracer »

How do you guys make those screens without the menu or HUD ?

Anyway, I just love the demo, so I'm sure to buy the full game on day one it comes out :p
bloke12
Ricer
Ricer

Post by bloke12 »

has any1 reliezed that when something falls off it turns a different color, like when a bumper comes off, it turns grey or blue.
GroundZero
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GroundZero »

Seriously... To the guys who says handling sucks:

These cars are custom-tuned by the guys making the demo. As an example, you wouldn't need as much steering posibility in speed challenge as in for example drift... When you get this game, you most likely can edit and tune the steering radius, just like in LFS... Pluss, there is som bugs. If you try to skip theintro of each race, it stops, the engine sounds stall, but the voice of the guy talking continues x) It's really bugging me that you can't skip thei ntro of the races... Pluss, I like the thinking of that in the real career mode, you can't restart :) It makes me not wanna take every risk.

I also have the feeling that speed challenge is the easiest way to get totaled, because it is so easy to wipeout on the hills on each side. It is harder to get totaled in grip.
silverstreak-tc
Ricer
Ricer

Post by silverstreak-tc »

Hey wassup guys i got a question and hoping to get some advice. Right now my system is:
Motherboard:
ASUS A8N32 SLI deluxe
CPU:
AMD X2 3800+ 2.0 ghz socket 939
Graphics Card:
BFG 7600 gt oc
1gb memory

And i was wondering is it worth it to get dual 7600 gt oc graphics card or buy a new processor the amd x2 4400+ 2.4ghz??? cuz right now its running kinda laggy need some advice thanks guys :lol: or should i just get a new system ASUS m2n32 sli deluxe with amd x2 6000 socket am2 hehe or wut can i do to make my older system better???
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

silverstreak-tc wrote:Hey wassup guys i got a question and hoping to get some advice. Right now my system is:
Motherboard:
ASUS A8N32 SLI deluxe
CPU:
AMD X2 3800+ 2.0 ghz socket 939
Graphics Card:
BFG 7600 gt oc
1gb memory

And i was wondering is it worth it to get dual 7600 gt oc graphics card or buy a new processor the amd x2 4400+ 2.4ghz??? cuz right now its running kinda laggy need some advice thanks guys :lol: or should i just get a new system ASUS m2n32 sli deluxe with amd x2 6000 socket am2 hehe or wut can i do to make my older system better???
If you are using Vista, don't bother upgrading hardware, just install xp. I use 2 geforce 8800gtx sli with amd 64x2 4400+, and prostreet still runs like crap. EA and nvidia don't have the proper software and driver for vista.

If you are on XP, I'd go for a fast cpu and motherboard, you are not only using the PC to play games are you?
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU
Skyline_man
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Skyline_man »

Ah, finally got to play the demo, surprisingly my rig could run this game at max gfx, AA at 1024x768 with a 20-28 FPS.

Everything was nice, i liked the demo, and the graphics were top notch, unlike the PS3 demo.
Nice !!
Nice !!
silverstreak-tc
Ricer
Ricer

Post by silverstreak-tc »

right now im on xp not vista never did like vista. Yeah for now im using this board for games cuz at the time this was the best board but kinda went low end on the cpu and the graphics card. Im just wondering if its worth gettin another bfg 7600 gt oc .
clikky
Ricer
Ricer

Post by clikky »

going stong at 60.5KB/Sec ](*,) 4hrs to download, still 1hr 10mins to go. so bored
bloke12
Ricer
Ricer

Post by bloke12 »

i think that we should get carnage pictures up on here [-o< , it would be awesome!!:D
fasttasf
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by fasttasf »

silverstreak-tc wrote:right now im on xp not vista never did like vista. Yeah for now im using this board for games cuz at the time this was the best board but kinda went low end on the cpu and the graphics card. Im just wondering if its worth gettin another bfg 7600 gt oc .
In that case sli does improve performance. I used to have 2 6600gt in sli mode, definitely better than one card, go for it.
QX6850
4GB DDR2 PC8500
2 GEFORCE 8800GTX SLI
X-Fi Extreme Gamer
1000Watt PSU

Return to “News”