Drift Problem

2007 Need for Speed ProStreet
SchuMito
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Drift Problem

Post by SchuMito »

I need help from the Drift masters there are in this forum. Basically, I cannot Drift in Tokyo. It's too difficult. The car hits walls and I never exceed 2500 points. Its' becoming a nightmare. I've tried putting the difficulty even to casual however it still remains too difficult. I cannot drift properly and I consider myself quite a good drifter on other tracks. Can anybody help me out please?
speed_man
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Drift Problem

Post by speed_man »

I had this same problem.. But first i have to ask you what car your drifting in. :)
Koenigsegg_Rox
Professional
Professional

Post by Koenigsegg_Rox »

SchuMito wrote:I need help from the Drift masters there are in this forum. Basically, I cannot Drift in Tokyo. It's too difficult. The car hits walls and I never exceed 2500 points. Its' becoming a nightmare. I've tried putting the difficulty even to casual however it still remains too difficult. I cannot drift properly and I consider myself quite a good drifter on other tracks. Can anybody help me out please?
Dear oh dear, how many other people have the same problem as me. The best score I can get when facing Ryo on the first Tokyo drift track is 3300 points but then he beats me with a 3400 point score. The car I happened to do that with is the E92 M3 with all Stage 4 parts (unlockallthings cheat), front brake bias, high brake and handbrake pressure (but not the maximum, about halfway between max and middle), and stiff suspension (same settings as brakes). You should try to aim to earn at least 1000+ points in the first hairpin and chicane, then keep chaining drifts until you get the long drift bonus and earn over 2000 points, then get as much speed as you can for the final hairpin and try to earn as many points as you can. A higher speed will increase your points significantly faster. Other cars of interest are the Z4M, Supra, and the RX7 (preferably if you can beat Aki Kimura, I beat him with the Supra).
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

The way I did it was to buy a Toyota Corolla AE 86.

Applied all level 3 parts (a whopping 162BHP!). Don't be fooled by the power output, I've managed my best results with this car (until I got the hang of the Pontiac GTO - however the GTO is rubbish IMHO for tight tracks like Tokyo) :D

Set the suspension to STIFF all round, LOWest ride height.

On the Engine, everything is set as far to the RIGHT as possible, i.e. Cam Timing is Advance, Nitrous is full power, etc.

Tyres I set to LOW at the front and HIGH at the rear for maximumn oversteer.

Gear are all set as SHORT as possible.

Brakes are set to REAR bias, and HIGH pressure on brakes and handbrake.

Worked for me 8)
Suuby-Roo
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Suuby-Roo »

guys it's way easier than you making it, they way you win is along the long straight between the metal box towers instead of being fancy lookin and going around the road blocks just drift into a wall at medium speed at an acute angle and just keep a drift along the wall if you can hold the drift long enough you can get a lot of points for long straight drifting
Datsun-tan

Post by Datsun-tan »

Suuby-Roo wrote:guys it's way easier than you making it, they way you win is along the long straight between the metal box towers instead of being fancy lookin and going around the road blocks just drift into a wall at medium speed at an acute angle and just keep a drift along the wall if you can hold the drift long enough you can get a lot of points for long straight drifting
That's exactly how I (accidentally) did it. :lol:
mrQQ
Ricer
Ricer

Post by mrQQ »

is it even possible to drift normally with keyboard? or do you need wheel for that.. i ask because i cant manage to get any points in any tracks drifting.. :(
ronin_escada
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ronin_escada »

lolz... yea.. it's funny how you can rack up so many points through kissing the wall... makes it a tad unrealistic - at least in Carbon, you couldn't get drift points or lost your chain bonus if your car so much as touched the wall.
mrQQ wrote:is it even possible to drift normally with keyboard? or do you need wheel for that.. i ask because i cant manage to get any points in any tracks drifting.. :(
yep... it's possible for sure... but you have to get use to the technique. basically, try tapping your gas at the right times during a turn - this keeps your car in the correct position through a drift (it all comes down to 'feeling' the drift); also, don't be afraid to initiate into a drift at a slower speed... once you get into the drift, you can then further apply the gas to get the right angle and speed, which will carry your car through the drift; when entering a drift, follow the racing lines (ie. from outside to inside); steer into the turn if it's getting tighter and counter-steer if the curve is straightening out. i rarely use the e-brake... i think the key to success in drift is just entering the curve at the right speed (not necessarily fast) and adjusting the speed accordingly throughout the turn. hope this helps =)

Moderator Note:
Please do not double post
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Yeah... sometimes you just have to kiss the wall.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

I'm not up 2 ryo yet, but in all the tokyo docks drift tracks i can't seem 2 get more than 3000.

Is it a problem with my car, the Pontaic GTO???

I've tried the wall sliding trick, and it works, but my GTO just can't get enough speed...
oh snap
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

get yourself something light and nimble... I did the first ryo track in aki's rx-7... but new blueprint and the second in my AE86. The GTO is a bit clunky. The Rx8 is also easy to drift.
keyloki
Ricer
Ricer

Post by keyloki »

I use the Lotus ( mix of stage 3 and 4 parts) to drift the Tokyo tracks. Put the nose lightly againt the wall at an angle and hammer down (Nos even). It's not uncommon for me to average around the 5k to 6k range. It takes some practice but the wall "trick" works well IMO.
Striker94
Professional
Professional

Post by Striker94 »

Yeah, unfortunately i haven't got up to Akimura yet, so there goes the RX-7.

The AE86 just doesn't work for me, i don't know why... #-o

Looks like i'll have to try the RX-8 or the S13/S15... [-o<
oh snap

Return to “ProStreet”