'Top Cars' isn't working anymore

Everything related to the website services Showroom and Showroom Challenge.
ErikS883
Ricer
Ricer

'Top Cars' isn't working anymore

Post by ErikS883 »

I just noticed that the 'top cars' section of my account isn't working anymore :? . What I mean is that I've got three pages with cars and on the first page should be the cars with the highest rating and on the last page should be the cars with the lowest rating. This isn't how it is now though.

For example: I've got a car on the first page with a rating of 63, while I have a car with a rating of 104 on the last page. The '104' should be on the first page and the '63' should be on the last page.

Most of my cars are still on the same place as they where with the previous rating-system, even though most ratings have changed now. The worst thing is that my latest cars don't get further then the last five places, even though their rating is much higher then the cars above.

I say ths because to me the 'top cars' is important to ME, because I want to see how my cars are doing compared to my oldest rides.

What use has the 'top cars' section if it doesn't represent my top cars anymore :? .

Am I the only one with this :?: And is this fixable :?:
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Re: 'Top Cars' isn't working anymore

Post by baumaxx1 »

Duels can add to your reputation which is separate to the star rating, but invisible.... It should really be visible IMO, and a duel win should get you a spot in the day's top cars... it's the whole point really.
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

i suppose its still the old rep thats making the influence in top cars section .. im still kinda new here and so ive just got bout 15 cars in my garage so its easy to keep track of my rides.. and from what i noticed.. your top car ranking doest seem to be from the amount of stars u have..and its still the old way wher u win a duel - u get awarded and so (i guess).. but like baumaxx said..it should be more visible and also like ErikS883 mentioned - cars with higher stars get the top car section .. anyone is welcome to correct me if im wrong ;)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Duels should really count for something though... they're pointless now, except for moving you car up the chart... but who cares if you're on page 9 instead of 10? I did them to get more exposure by being in the top section more often which = more comments.
ErikS883
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ErikS883 »

I think you are right when you say that it has something to do with duels and that you can't see them anymore. But that can't be the only reasone, because there are pressed cars that are on the wrong place as well and I haven't duelled with them off course.
But not just pressed rides, for example: My newest ride has 139 rep atm, while the car before that has 93 rep. That car only participated in one duel and it lost, so no rep gained by the duel. So there must be more wrong :?
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

so..guess thers lots of tweaking to be done there..
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Strange... mine's fine.
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

baumaxx1 wrote:Strange... mine's fine.
did your top car section change according to the amount of stars after the introduction of star ratings?
well mine is still following the old system before the count of stars were introduced..
strange..
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

It's exactly the same... Follows rep.
ErikS883
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ErikS883 »

@Baumaxx: I wanted to make sure that I was the only one, so I've checked your section because you said that yours was all right. But that one isn't right either. Just check your '::Tech it up a Notch:: by [S]izzle': it has a rep of 73. Now check the car behind that '::Tech it to Space:: by Skyline95': it has a rep of 79, but it's still behind the other one. They are both presses, so no duels are involved. It's not because of the amount of favs either, because skyline's version has two favs more.
I guess everyone has that
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Hmm... ok then.
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

so..thers still something thats yet to be solved ;) ..
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Mine's fobbed too. My Sakura Civic jumped over Nis:sin and Secret Weapon, and it has higher stars, but it's the usual order when expanding top cars.
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

same here.. ;) .. well atleast now we know which one of our rides has more stars.. though they may not be our best ones.. lol..
ErikS883
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ErikS883 »

So how can I reach Bojan to ask him to fix this?
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

ErikS883 wrote:So how can I reach Bojan to ask him to fix this?
guess he will reply the post here once he reads it ;) .. so am still wondering... is the duel gonna do us any good? i mean are we gonna get some extra stars or something like that?
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Top cars lists should now display cars with the most stars throughout the site.
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

Bojan wrote:Top cars lists should now display cars with the most stars throughout the site.
yeah cool ;) .. and duel? i mean are we givens stars or anything if a duel is won?
ErikS883
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ErikS883 »

thx, much better now :)
baumaxx1
Professional
Professional

Post by baumaxx1 »

Bojan wrote:Top cars lists should now display cars with the most stars throughout the site.
I really think duels should count for something, or at least put a section for your own favs.
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

yeah.. thats what i tried to say ;) .. hope Bojan takes a look at this and decides what to do ;)
angelix000000
Ricer
Ricer

Post by angelix000000 »

it would be cool if there is a separate count for duels... like faves imo... but itll be more complicated?.. hmmm... or how about each duel won gives you 10 or 20 star bonus? :? :?
tb3nz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by tb3nz »

you know i was also thinking.. when u rate a ride and u comment.. on ur comment column shows whatever value that you rated.. it would be also nice if it could show whoever that FAVd your ride.. so it saves us time from typing the +FAV all the time.. lol..
for ex.
by Mr.XXX on 1. April 2008 06:49 • Given 5* Added as Favourite.

that would be good ;)..

Return to “The Showroom”