What tracks would you like to see in NFS Shift?

2009 Need for Speed SHIFT
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

What tracks would you like to see in NFS Shift?

Post by Zotic+ »

well what would you like to see? heres my tracklist (racetracks, not street tracks ex. london streets.)

Infineon raceway
Willow springs
laguna seca
daytona

Ebisu
Sebring
Nurburgring (no duh!)
High Speed ring (JK :lol: )
Miller Motorsport park(U.S. Utah)
Thunderbolt raceway new jersey
Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Road Atlanta
Silverstone racetrack
Instagram @SupraHKS
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Re: What tracks would you like to see in NFS Shift?

Post by prince1142003 »

Does it really matter? The decision on what tracks to include has probably already been made and nothing we can do will change that. A wish list doesn't really make sense in such a case.
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Bojan »

Well, this is what bothers me with this game - there's plenty of hardcore racers around which all have real world tracks in them. I'd love to have something like The Alps or Coastal from TNFS in Shift. Staged track, great scenery and detailed physics. That would add the Need for Speed feel to the game.
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I'm not exactly sure how the reception would be like when SHIFT hits the shelves, but one thing's for sure, I am totally buying the idea. :)
Nitrocide
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Nitrocide »

Silverstone
Brands Hatch
Knockhill
Spa
Nurburgring
Ebisu (if the game has drifting)
Suzuka
Monza
Hockenheim
Laguna Seca
*sig deleted for being too big. limits are 550x120px and 50kb*
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Milwaukee
Indianapolis Motor Speedway

I don't really care about the tracks as long as they're good, but I'd LOVE to see these.
DMNBT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DMNBT »

-Fuji Speedway
-Suzuka Circuit
-Tsukuba Circuit
-Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
-Circuit de Catalunya
-Autódromo Juan y Óscar Gálvez
-Nürburgring
-Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
-Shanghai International Circuit
-EuroSpeedway Lausitz
-Twin Ring Motegi
-Sebring International Raceway
-Willow Springs Raceway

...well, that list ended up being longer than I intended.
korge
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by korge »

Bojan wrote:Well, this is what bothers me with this game - there's plenty of hardcore racers around which all have real world tracks in them. I'd love to have something like The Alps or Coastal from TNFS in Shift. Staged track, great scenery and detailed physics. That would add the Need for Speed feel to the game.
Agree. Even though it is a sim, great environment maps that NFS was known for would help counterbalance all the "sim" theme of the game. Plus, we have all seen and raced the same tracks hundreds of times.
korge
arabnight
Drift King
Drift King

Post by arabnight »

i think if they use the "real" race tracks it would be pretty much what everyone else has used. I would enjoy some custom made real feel tracks with of course alps scenery. wouldnt mind the deep desert run downs and around the world tours would be nice hitting some great mountains and flats
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

korge wrote:
Bojan wrote: I'd love to have something like The Alps or Coastal from TNFS in Shift. Staged track, great scenery and detailed physics. That would add the Need for Speed feel to the game.
Agree. Even though it is a sim, great environment maps that NFS was known for would help counterbalance all the "sim" theme of the game.
arabnight wrote: I would enjoy some custom made real feel tracks with of course alps scenery. wouldnt mind the deep desert run downs and around the world tours would be nice hitting some great mountains and flats
I believe that all that mountain, beach and forest road stuff should belong to World Online, not Shift.
SP4RCO
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by SP4RCO »

- Hometown
- Atlantica
- Redrock Ridge
- Autumn Crossing
- Mediterranean Paradise
- Island Outskirts
- and more

:D
Still rolling my eyes :roll:
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

NaBUru83 wrote:
korge wrote:
Bojan wrote: I'd love to have something like The Alps or Coastal from TNFS in Shift. Staged track, great scenery and detailed physics. That would add the Need for Speed feel to the game.
Agree. Even though it is a sim, great environment maps that NFS was known for would help counterbalance all the "sim" theme of the game.
arabnight wrote: I would enjoy some custom made real feel tracks with of course alps scenery. wouldnt mind the deep desert run downs and around the world tours would be nice hitting some great mountains and flats
I believe that all that mountain, beach and forest road stuff should belong to World Online, not Shift.
If World Online is MW and Carbon's city's I don't think World Online would have oo much of that maybe just a golf course or something lol
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

Dr Houbenheimer wrote: If World Online is MW and Carbon's city's I don't think World Online would have oo much of that maybe just a golf course or something lol
Well, the game is called "World Online". "World". If all the racing is held in the United States with such a name, gamers and reviewers would kill EA, wouldn't they? I guess that the game will have at least two more cities, one in Europe and another one in Asia (NFS biggest markets after the United States).
Cipher
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Cipher »

Lol......
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NaBUru83 wrote:
Dr Houbenheimer wrote: If World Online is MW and Carbon's city's I don't think World Online would have oo much of that maybe just a golf course or something lol
Well, the game is called "World Online". "World". If all the racing is held in the United States with such a name, gamers and reviewers would kill EA, wouldn't they? I guess that the game will have at least two more cities, one in Europe and another one in Asia (NFS biggest markets after the United States).
So your saying that IYO you think that they will create more fictional cities when they've already got some premade worlds from previous games to recycle? Doesn't sound the EA way to me lol :lol:
Mr BlackB
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Mr BlackB »

Must be these ones:

- Catalunya Circuit
- Valencia European Circuit (F1 Urban Circuit)
- Jerez Circuit
- Jarama Circuit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (no this not)

But the 3 Firsts could be excellent choices for be in-game :D

SPANISH CIRCUITS PLEASE!!!!!!! :D :D :D
FreelancerMar
Ricer
Ricer

Post by FreelancerMar »

I think that DMNBt and SP4RCO kind of have the right Idea.

I was very disapointed that the Nordschief(Nurburgring) and laguna Secca were left out of Pro-Street when they really did belong there. I am hoping that they make it into Shift. However we all know what EA does with Good ideas. It Scraps them!
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

FreelancerMar wrote:I was very disapointed that the Nordschief (Nurburgring) and laguna Secca were left out of Pro-Street when they really did belong there.
10 minutes per lap (ok, lower 7 with a decent car)? The Green Hell certainly didn't belong to ProStreet. It should belong to Shift, of course.
Dr Houbenheimer wrote:IYO you think that they will create more fictional cities when they've already got some premade worlds from previous games to recycle? Doesn't sound the EA way to me lol :lol:
FreelancerMar wrote:we all know what EA does with Good ideas. It Scraps them!
I still have hope that EA makes things right once again. That's why I still check this website in May. If I ever lost hope, I'd dive directly into Codemasters and SimBin and never look back.
FreelancerMar
Ricer
Ricer

Post by FreelancerMar »

IF EA's math can be believed, NFSMW's World Loop is longer than the Nordschief (Nurburgring) which is currently only 13 miles if I am not mistaken. There are plenty of MW racers posting sub 6 minute times on 'World Loop' However that is also a different type of game with different physics.

Also if Rumors are to be believed SimBin is the one that has been devloping Shift. If and it is a big IF EA doesn't Fark it up (I am not holding my breath here) like EA usually does, Then we may actually get a decent 'NFS' titled racer. Hopefully it will 'LACK' The Evil Cheating rubberbanding ai catchup crap that's been with us since NFS6.(Im not holding my breath about that either) We will just have to wait and see what happens.
Overreactman
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Overreactman »

Leguna Seca. I will be happy if Leguna Seca is the only track, to be honest.
NaBUru83
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by NaBUru83 »

FreelancerMar wrote:IF EA's math can be believed, NFSMW's World Loop is longer than the Nordschief (Nurburgring) which is currently only 13 miles if I am not mistaken. There are plenty of MW racers posting sub 6 minute times on 'World Loop' However that is also a different type of game with different physics.
You're right, I missed it and loved it! But World Loop is actually a sprint race, or in other words a 1lap-only circuit race. That shouldn't be done to the Nordschleife.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Am I the only person looking at this topic who knows nothing about real race tracks? Too bad Forza and Gran Turismo don't come out on pc lol.
An Exotic Classic
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by An Exotic Classic »

I'll go for any track as long as it isnt that real long german one, I forgot the name. :/
Lucky 13
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Lucky 13 »

You have to remember, those city circuits in MW are a lot less technical than a real race course.

The same can't be said of UG2 though, which explains why a 4.76 mile track (Bayview Concrete) in that game takes 3-4 times as long to navigate as a 4.2 mile track in MW, with similar performing cars.
*farts*
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

An Exotic Classic wrote:I'll go for any track as long as it isnt that real long german one, I forgot the name. :/
I actually think it would be really nice to have really LONG tracks. Especially when you're in a depression and wanna drive but you have no car :lol:. Sometimes long tracks are really fun.
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.

Return to “SHIFT”