NFS World Open Beta Starts This Friday

Need for Speed World Online News (visible on NFSUnlimited.net)
Bojan
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

NFS World Open Beta Starts This Friday

Post by Bojan »

The first open beta (available to everyone) of Need for Speed World will start this Friday, July 2nd and will run until Monday, July 5th. Those of you involved in the beta that ended yesterday will get to keep your game data when servers relaunch on Friday. If you haven't tried the game yet, give it a spin, register and download the client here.
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Re: NFS World Open Beta Starts This Friday

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

I might give it a spin, but I doubt I'll play too much. I have Split/Second and real life, plus NFSHP'10 looks much better.
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

heh, if we could keep the starter pack in the full game... F*ck my progress, I don't need it... Just give the damn starter pack free to the beta testers...
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
bloke12
Ricer
Ricer

Post by bloke12 »

i think da beta testers should get a lil something on the side for suffering through multiple tests, like maybe some extra money or a special car :idea:
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

Maybe, aside from the VIP title for people who pre-order Starter Pack, give closed beta testers a "Beta Tester" in red in their in-game profile or maybe just make their nick colored.
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

bloke12 wrote:i think da beta testers should get a lil something on the side for suffering through multiple tests, like maybe some extra money or a special car :idea:
Or maybe 50 lvl cap for free?
GT3x24x7 wrote:I don't get why the word 'irony' has nothing to do with metallurgy.
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

bloke12 wrote:i think da beta testers should get a lil something on the side for suffering through multiple tests, like maybe some extra money or a special car :idea:
Lol, you joined at your own will, nobody forced you to suffer their beta tests.
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

Danyutz wrote:Lol, you joined at your own will, nobody forced you to suffer their beta tests.
But still, many people are paid for taking surveys, submitting feedback. It's actually like we were working for them...
ianism
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ianism »

ha, was gonna check it out but it's down bec of capacity problems. what poo
i have nothing more to add
zedex
Drift King
Drift King

Post by zedex »

XCROSSX wrote:
Danyutz wrote:Lol, you joined at your own will, nobody forced you to suffer their beta tests.
But still, many people are paid for taking surveys, submitting feedback. It's actually like we were working for them...
this is far from the case......
in fact people would pay to play... whereas a survey, they NEED you to give your feedback, so payment is offered... I don't think anyone would WANT to go and do random surveys...

you always see "how can I get into beta?!? how can I play the game early?"
you never see "how can I answer some surveys?? are you guys going to make a long list of questions for us to answer? I can't wait!"
XCROSSX
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by XCROSSX »

zedex wrote:you always see "how can I get into beta?!? how can I play the game early?"
you never see "how can I answer some surveys?? are you guys going to make a long list of questions for us to answer? I can't wait!"
I gave them all the feedback I could because I want this game to be good. I know what a beta means. I know that the game isn't complete. Why would I like to play some half-assed game? It's not like enjoyed being in the beta. You probably know yourself how hard was it to connect and play this game, so it wasn't a walk in the park. It wasn't playing!

Plus, the game was supposed to be free to play but the only thing we get free is a demo.
KammyworldRacerGT4
Drift King
Drift King

Post by KammyworldRacerGT4 »

Again with this demo crap. From the Starter Pack FAQ.
If I choose not buy this pack, what's left for me to do after I reach driver level 10?
There will be lots to do in Need for Speed World for players who have not purchased the Starter Pack. Continue racing with your friends and/or anyone else playing the game, customize your cars, participate in Community events for the chance to win prizes etc...
I seriously cannot comprehend how clear the text is, yet is still considered a demo simply because of something you only have to pay for ONE TIME. It's like people are overlooking complete detail just for the sole purpose of finding something to criticize EA over. I don't really care much about what others think of World, but the fact that there's a $20 price tag for something that isn't even required doesn't make World any less of an actual game than Adventure Quest.
*sig removed for being too big. max size 550x120px & 50kb*
ElvenAvenger
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ElvenAvenger »

KammyworldRacerGT4 wrote:Again with this demo crap. From the Starter Pack FAQ.
If I choose not buy this pack, what's left for me to do after I reach driver level 10?
There will be lots to do in Need for Speed World for players who have not purchased the Starter Pack. Continue racing with your friends and/or anyone else playing the game, customize your cars, participate in Community events for the chance to win prizes etc...
I seriously cannot comprehend how clear the text is, yet is still considered a demo simply because of something you only have to pay for ONE TIME. It's like people are overlooking complete detail just for the sole purpose of finding something to criticize EA over. I don't really care much about what others think of World, but the fact that there's a $20 price tag for something that isn't even required doesn't make World any less of an actual game than Adventure Quest.
Doesn't matter if without paying we get nothing, all but one car, or just half, people will call it a demo.

Return to “News”