Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

2010 Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

1 Excited
No votes
2 Not excited
No votes
3 Indifferent
No votes
19 I has a bukkit
100%

Total votes: 1

Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Re: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, how do you feel about it?

Post by Kaerar »

Also a matter of realism, those WBK's were for the most part pretty bad, and if used IRL they would literally just slow the cars down. The route SHIFT took was a lot better with kits based on real kits, if not 100% accurate. Personally stick those kits in a more modifiable way into the next UG style game and it'll be a winner. But again as I said in the 2011 thread the new games need to evolve instead of being limited by the previous games.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

Kaerar wrote:Also a matter of realism, those WBK's were for the most part pretty bad, and if used IRL they would literally just slow the cars down. The route SHIFT took was a lot better with kits based on real kits, if not 100% accurate. Personally stick those kits in a more modifiable way into the next UG style game and it'll be a winner. But again as I said in the 2011 thread the new games need to evolve instead of being limited by the previous games.
the kits in shift were designed by speedhunters, i dont know anout you guys but i check there blog every day, its pretty sick what they post on there
Last edited by Zotic+ on 24 Jul 2010, 08:09, edited 1 time in total.
Instagram @SupraHKS
viper16
Drift King
Drift King

Post by viper16 »

I played the demo yesterday at Formula D and it actually is really good. the enviroment looks like its straight out of HP2 and the cars seem to be extremely well modeled. easy to play too for someone who dont have an xbox
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

viper16 wrote:I played the demo yesterday at Formula D and it actually is really good. the enviroment looks like its straight out of HP2 and the cars seem to be extremely well modeled. easy to play too for someone who dont have an xbox
Could you give more details about:
-Handling
-World map
-Options

Or anything that hasn't been stated before in the so many articles around? lol
=D
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

viper16 wrote:I played the demo yesterday at Formula D and it actually is really good. the enviroment looks like its straight out of HP2 and the cars seem to be extremely well modeled. easy to play too for someone who dont have an xbox
awwww you went to formula d, why didnt u take me lol? lucky....

so how were the physics, did the driving feel like burnout paradise or no?

how was the map?

Options?

Who do u want to win FD seattle? lol
Instagram @SupraHKS
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

Zotic+ wrote:
For me, I was rootin' for Dai Yoshihara. Bummer that his car died.
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Andre_online wrote:
Zotic+ wrote:
For me, I was rootin' for Dai Yoshihara. Bummer that his car died.
i was rootin for frederick aasbo, he has a nice supra and is a crazy drifter, i remmeber hearing in long beach he was running stock turbos against JR

+ how was the damage system in the game? and int view?
Instagram @SupraHKS
Tyrant
Professional
Professional

Post by Tyrant »

I hope HP is going to be the game for me to return to NFS. My first Need for Speed game was in fact Hot Pursuit. Magnificient game! After that I played High Stakes and Underground (which made me register to this site), and UG2 was my dream come true. Unfortunately after that I stopped playing NFS. I thought it was going to wrong direction. I've played some Pro Street, but I saw NFS was going downhill.
Now that NFS is going back to its roots I might consider playing this game again! :D
Nitrodemon McLaren
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Nitrodemon McLaren »

Tyrant wrote:I hope HP is going to be the game for me to return to NFS. My first Need for Speed game was in fact Hot Pursuit. Magnificient game! After that I played High Stakes and Underground (which made me register to this site), and UG2 was my dream come true. Unfortunately after that I stopped playing NFS. I thought it was going to wrong direction. I've played some Pro Street, but I saw NFS was going downhill.
Now that NFS is going back to its roots I might consider playing this game again! :D
Haha, yeah. Many people are excited about this.

Although, I would also prefer if EA did a brief, two-year hiatus from NFS after HP'10. Obviously, they won't though.
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Ummm I dont know I was kinda excited about it I might still get it But If there is absolutely no customization then its a negative and I wont puchase it rent at lease but Its a requirement for me and alot of gamers to get customization....Dont get me wrong I love the Original Hot pursuit game BUT I was hihgly bothered that I was basically driving an ordinary car.....I love and require my Vehicle in the game to be different so it reflects the personality of the driver Driving it. Plus with bland looking cars it just takes the thrills out of it. I wish they would tke the time to get LISCENSED body kits and spoilers instead of the Gaudy EA Bodykits and spoilers. I Play Test Drive Unlimited and I love that game but for different reasons and it offers limited customization....I guess my main point is LET THE DAMN PLAYER DECIDE!!!!! You dont have to put a bodykit on your car FREAKING FINE, but let us players who do want our car to look different instead of blend in with the crowd have our Customization...just my two bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree...
OKIDrifter
Ricer
Ricer

Post by OKIDrifter »

Heck they said there was no point since because of all of the contact ummmm Wht about Pro Street, Shift, and Midnight Club LA they all have Damage models and it is damn hard to try and finish a race with a intact car in either of them
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

OKIDrifter wrote:Heck they said there was no point since because of all of the contact ummmm Wht about Pro Street, Shift, and Midnight Club LA they all have Damage models and it is damn hard to try and finish a race with a intact car in either of them
well if your like me and want the car looking clean after the race, the games sorta forced me into racing clean, to keep the car intact.
Instagram @SupraHKS
Kaerar
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Kaerar »

OKIDrifter wrote:Heck they said there was no point since because of all of the contact ummmm Wht about Pro Street, Shift, and Midnight Club LA they all have Damage models and it is damn hard to try and finish a race with a intact car in either of them
I manage fine to finish without damage in both, yet I hate SHIFT's handling even with the GT style handling mod. MCLA haven't played much but it's all about the lines you take and your reactions for situations. If you are good at lines and good at taking in a lot of data quickly and reacting to it then you won't have much of a problem keeping things clean, whereas if you are a poor at those things then expect lots of damage. Just means to prevent it you need to practice!

I don't think there was a race (except some of the High Speed runs where it was unavoidable due to track imperfections) I couldn't complete on Pro Street keeping my car clean. I just wish the handling in PS wasn't so damn heavy, but that hopefully will be fixed when NFSU360 releases the plugin for Zmodeler allowing access to PS's cars :)
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1321 ... 2910-.html
new trailer not really a big deal, some gameplay though, also you get to see some new enviroment(s) in gameplay
Instagram @SupraHKS
dualdeadlycash
Ricer
Ricer

Post by dualdeadlycash »

AceAdams wrote:very excited about this. I'm planning on starting up some kind of Seacrest County Police Clan or something. lol

I wish they had crown vics, but I'm overall very happy. I like the general idea.

I wish they didn't have a bunch of unrealistic tools, (like cloaking, and EMPs) and I wish you could start pursuit organically while wandering in the open world, rather than having to "set-up" pursuits... but who knows.. there's a lot to learn before release.

This reminds me of high stakes, my favorite NFS game, in which you had competent AI backup as a cop and you could search a track for a racer and it had a cool, ominous feel where you didn't know when you'd get to jump into pursuit, or when it would end. I hope they can somehow recreate that feeling.
when and if you start the SCPD Clan...let me know cause i will join in a heartbeat
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Zotic+ wrote:http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1321 ... 2910-.html
new trailer not really a big deal, some gameplay though, also you get to see some new enviroment(s) in gameplay
Thanks for the posting...It looks a lot like the this TDU2 video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osiLMPWbPU0
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

oshaylinux wrote:
oh wow, intersesting, these two games are serious competitors now
Instagram @SupraHKS
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

Zotic+ wrote:
oshaylinux wrote:
oh wow, intersesting, these two games are serious competitors now
From Day 2 of GameSpot's Live Stage Show, we bring you Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsm8H3q7 ... re=channel
Pay close attention at what he says at 4:25-29

From Day 3 of GameSpot's Live Stage Show, we bring you a demo for Test Drive Unlimited 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxnQwdchy04
Pay close attention at what he says at 5:39-41

What do you think about?...
DMNBT
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DMNBT »

Is that a snowy road that I see in the New York Tour trailer? D:

I've always sucked in snowy tracks, to this day I still can't get better than 6th in Snowy Ridge, and the less said about The Summit, the better...
Danyutz
Donator
Donator

Post by Danyutz »

I just noticed that the handling looks very much like Burnout or Split Second.
ampzz
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ampzz »

Andre_online wrote:I personally am very excited about this. Call me old school, but those were the days that made NFS, NFS. It's about time they went back to where they started off from, and revamp it.
Couldn't agree with Andre more, seriously it's only because of this title that I remembered about nfsunlimited in the first place aha.
*sig removed for being too big. max size is 550x120px & 50kb*
oshaylinux
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by oshaylinux »

I'm beginning to feel a little spark for NFS HP now that I know it's going to have day//night cycle in it...
drifterzzz
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by drifterzzz »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqIkvS49b-Q

look likes it return to the old nfs.. i like it lol.. .. the gameplay look fantastic..

:D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

drifterzzz wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqIkvS49b-Q

look likes it return to the old nfs.. i like it lol.. .. the gameplay look fantastic..

:D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ive seen this video already BUT if you pause at 0:39 you see a infiniti g35 as a traffic car
Instagram @SupraHKS
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Zotic+ »

Instagram @SupraHKS

Return to “Hot Pursuit”