Pursuit vs Multiplayer race for reputation points

2010 Need for Speed World
hillarr
Ricer
Ricer

Pursuit vs Multiplayer race for reputation points

Post by hillarr »

I've been reading NFS:World guides about how to efficiently advance to higher levels and most of them suggest pursuits.

I don't know if it's true and possible, but somewhere one guy said he advanced to level 50 in three days.
Well, it took me over an hour to get from level 19 to 20. And I used Lincoln Boulevard Sprint because it's nice and fast track (takes only 1:20-1:30 minutes) and has many players so you don't need to wait for an eternity.

In ideal scenario if you are able to hit only first place it's possible to get about 9000 rep points per 15 minutes (with 25% reputation accelerator). But in real life all the starting grids won't start and traffic, magnets and demolitions will push you far from leading. So my average was more like 5000-7000 per 15 minutes. But it's still much more than in pursuits at level 20. I can get only 3000-4000 rep points in 15minute pursuit.

Maybe you have any hints for me, but it's seems that I must throw away my real life to be successful in NFS :D Because it's not possible to make any good lap time without essential skill points which are available only in higher levels. And every next level takes more time than previous to advance.
hillarr
Ricer
Ricer

Re: Pursuit vs Multiplayer race for reputation points

Post by hillarr »

Actually I guess I'm gonna need to practice a little bit more. I was able to get 3000 points for 5 minutes pursuit which makes it as productive as racing.
RBA
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by RBA »

hillarr wrote:Actually I guess I'm gonna need to practice a little bit more. I was able to get 3000 points for 5 minutes pursuit which makes it as productive as racing.
How'd you do that? I make a 5 min. pursuit and I get around 1500 points... Then again, I'm level 14. So if they give more points for higher levels... But with all that happens in multi, like the peeps that think they're in a demolition derby, it's better to make pursuits.
r4ptor85
Ricer
Ricer

Post by r4ptor85 »

RBA wrote:
hillarr wrote:Actually I guess I'm gonna need to practice a little bit more. I was able to get 3000 points for 5 minutes pursuit which makes it as productive as racing.
How'd you do that? I make a 5 min. pursuit and I get around 1500 points... Then again, I'm level 14. So if they give more points for higher levels... But with all that happens in multi, like the peeps that think they're in a demolition derby, it's better to make pursuits.
Go Pursuit around 5 min. Disable cops around 15 units. Score around 150 000. I can get 300 rep point.

I already try longer, 30 min with 50 disable cops, but I score same rep point.
Dr Houbenheimer
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Dr Houbenheimer »

I think it really depends on what level you are - on low levels on tracks like 'Welcome to Palmont', I only get around 300 rep for winning a race (from levels 2-10) but once I got to tracks like the Park Loop I could get up to 700 rep, and now with my tier 2 ride, I can get up to 1,100 from a race.

Whereas I think pursuits you will always get the same amount of rep regardless of level, so unless you build up your skills so that you can constantly get 1,000-2,000 rep in 10+ minute pursuits, I would go for races in the higher levels moreso. Plus, there is a cap on rep/money for pursuits, so if you have an epic 30 minute pursuit then you could've gotten about 8 races done in that time.
hillarr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by hillarr »

You definitely need pursuit skill points to be successful. I have only a few points and +25% rep accelerator (bought by boostpoints). I don't know yet how your current level affects, but shorter pursuit (around 5 minutes) seems to be more effective.
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

hillarr wrote:I have only a few points and +25% rep accelerator (bought by boostpoints).
Where did you find that in the Booststore ? I dont see something like that in there. :shock:
r4ptor85
Ricer
Ricer

Post by r4ptor85 »

Wolfseye wrote:
hillarr wrote:I have only a few points and +25% rep accelerator (bought by boostpoints).
Where did you find that in the Booststore ? I dont see something like that in there. :shock:
How come you can't notice? You can buy Boost for +25% Rep Accelerator for 7 days.
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

r4ptor85 wrote: How come you can't notice? You can buy Boost for +25% Rep Accelerator for 7 days.
I do have Boostpoints...

When I am in the game and go into the Boost Store, I don't have that what you're saying in there. Other Powerups, yes, but not that one. Is it possible that my LvL isn't high enough so I can't buy it already ? LvL 17 here...

Besides, today I can't even see the Pursuit Powerups on the 2nd page of the Boost Store. Could see those there before, today on the 2nd page there was only 1 item and it hadn't even text on it. So I assume they broke the Boost Store somehow.
hillarr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by hillarr »

What I was talking about is reputation points accelerator, not powerups. If you have already bought boost points (1500 boost points costs €5), then you can buy 25% rep accelerator. You can find it either under safe house> player profile or after finishing any race you can do it in the results window. Just click on the reputation points icon while it shows your last race results and it automatically adds 25% accelerator.

Another important aspect is pursuit skills. You get one skillpoint after finishing every level.
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

Thanks, now I found it. ;)
hillarr
Ricer
Ricer

Post by hillarr »

I've made some pursuit statistics and what I discovered is below. For example there is no point to make longer pursuits than exactly 5 minutes. You won't get even one more point of pursuit time bonus after 5 minutes. I recorded about 10 results videos of my pursuits to analyze how many points gives each category. There might be some mistakes, because I need to make more pursuits to be 100% sure, but most of them are correct.

So here are the maximum point levels which you don't need to exceed, because it won't give you any extra points:
Spike Strips Dodged - 5
Roadblocks Dodged - 9
Cops Taken Out - 15
Cops Rammed - 30
Cops Deployed - 30
Cost To State - $100 000
Pursuit Length - 5 minutes

Roughly 60% of total pursuit points are "Pursuit Length Bonus" and "Pursuit Time Bonus". So it's very good idea to maintain high speed, stick to the highways and ram as many police cars as possible and try to start escaping after 4 minute pursuit.

Also total money from every pursuit is related only to pursuit time and it won't get any higher after 5 min. pursuit and it doesn't matter how many cops you killed.

And one more interesting fact. You get only a little bit more money and points after leveling up. For example here are some of my maximum pursuit results on Level 24 and 25:
Money - $2580 -> $2640
Pursuit Time Bonus - 1680 -> 1740
Cost To State - 336 -> 348
Wolfseye
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Wolfseye »

Thats the best I've got so far.

Was a hell of a ride. :)
rcgldr
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by rcgldr »

hillarr wrote:You get only a little bit more money and points after leveling up.
Max cash is 1140 + (60 x level), so at level 50, max cash is 4140 (more if you use cash amplifier).
Zotic+
Drift King
Drift King
Location: Southern California in the desert where it gets 130 degrees

Post by Zotic+ »

WHAT!? i got 500 rep points for 30 min pursuit, took out over 20 cop cars and had 350k of damage
Instagram @SupraHKS
monster7461
Stock
Stock

Post by monster7461 »

Hi there i said somewhere that i got to lvl.45 making a lot of pursuit...My tecnic was ride 10 min. making 100.000 cost to state and i use to give ma about 5000 rep an 4.700 cash more or less but this when i was lvl. 34 up.......not in the beginning ,with a t1 car cops catch you right away...and i had rep amplifier!!!!!!

Return to “World”