Multiplayer: joining specific hosted game?

2010 Need for Speed World
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Multiplayer: joining specific hosted game?

Post by Bauke777 »

Hello everyone

I'd like to do the following:

1. host a game
2. invite someone (from the group for example)
3. wait for others to join
4. start

I can't get any further than step number 2. We play with several people, but we can't join each other's games. Yes, we can race together by adding ourselves to a group. Then, we can create a Private Match, et voila, we can race each other. But it is not what we want, because we would only race each other, nobody else.

Is there a way to join a specific game? Or invite people in the racing lobby to a race you just hosted? There is no list available in the game of hosted races (and the user that created the game). So you can pick out a race and join it?

TIA

Bauke
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: Multiplayer: joining specific hosted game?

Post by Hydro_PT »

Apart from the private match, I don't think you can get a group of people together and play against another group of people. You have to be lucky to be in the same race.

I'm not sure how the game does the match-making. Sometimes it looks like World checks the Tier of your car or you level and matches you with people who have a similar level or similar cars. Some other times it looks totally random, you can be matched with Level 50 players with T1 cars or Level 10 players or something else in-between.

Your best bet is to try the following: get your friends together near you and then press the NFS symbol at the top of window. This will search for the nearest event, so with some luck, if you all press the button at the same time, you might get all in the same event. You could try that, if you haven't tried it yet. :)
djstevanovic
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by djstevanovic »

It works in multiplayer when all players are for example lvl50 and drive for example t3 cars.. Chose track, join at same time.
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

Its also important for all players to join the same channel wen driving multiplayer together.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

hm that's too bad, we differ from level. We haven't reached lvl 50 yet, which would make things easier because you simply can't get any higher. The strange thing is we can't even see each other in the free roam mode when we are trying to meet somewhere.

We already tried to select the same channel. I mean, some ppl have joined clans, how are they going to race together? I guess they don't ... :?
honke
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by honke »

Points to drive together in free roam.
1: Same server.
2: Same county and same channel.
Than everything should work fine.
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Same server? Where can I configure that? Been looking for something like that. In Underground 2 (or 1?) you could also have the North-American or the European version of the game. Does that apply to NFSWorld as well?
Hydro_PT
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by Hydro_PT »

Yes, when you open the game launcher, at the top you can choose which server you want to join: North American or European. If you are on the European one and a friend in the North American one, you won't see each other. :)
Bauke777
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Bauke777 »

Thanks guys it works!

Sort of though, apparently you have to really time it otherwise you will join a different game. The server configuration did the trick, I feel silly but i was looking for the setting inside the game, not the launcher :roll: . Second, we were mislead by the combination server and chatchannel. I saw lots of germans and other european guys so I assumed I was on the right server...

Return to “World”