My Water Toolbox Project

Everything for your PC, from case modding to OS discussions, come here to discuss computer hardware and software.
JediSpam
Ricer
Ricer

My Water Toolbox Project

Post by JediSpam »

Here is my current computer:

For even more pictures goto this link:
http://images.gruntville.com/casegallery/albut99

If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them
Jaka
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jaka »

Looks impresive! :D
What are your specs and temps?
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

can you explain to me the point of the water cooling system? i know it cools your comp down, but spending like 200+on a cooling system?? why dont you just buy an airconditioner and jam it into there?
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

It mostly only cools your processor. Trust me, if you are going to overclock, and not just a little wimpy amount, you will need it.

Do you even know how large an airconditioning system is?
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

i meant an actual airconditione, i was being sarcastic.. why the hell overclcock so much?? just buy a new processor for less...
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

Actually, it's cheaper to overclock.

Lets say.. AMD 64 3000. If you are lucky, you can reach 2,7 Ghz with the stock cooler. With 2,7 Ghz, it beats the hell out of the best AMD processor, the FX-55. Oh god, you need to pay 700 bucks more to get a FX-55.
ghost_4ce
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ghost_4ce »

IMO modding PC's is similar to modding cars. Its just gr8 fun to personalize an object to ur liking which shows your personality, attitude and style.
Sometimes its cheaper to buy a ferrari, but ppl will still mod their Golf's :P
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Am I invisible or what??
:roll:
celluzion
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged
Location: Singapore, Asia, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

Post by celluzion »

PSZeTa wrote:Actually, it's cheaper to overclock.

Lets say.. AMD 64 3000. If you are lucky, you can reach 2,7 Ghz with the stock cooler. With 2,7 Ghz, it beats the hell out of the best AMD processor, the FX-55. Oh god, you need to pay 700 bucks more to get a FX-55.
Or pay 700 bucks more to overclock the FX-55, which will last you like what, 10 times longer than the Athlon 3000+.

I did something simliar to the Air Conditioning thing, because my tower is as old as a dinosaur fossil, can't put anymore fans.

I put a box fan and stuck it beside the casing.

And by the way, the guy who got the top 3Dmark 03 score used Liquid Nitrogen to cool his rig, so yeah..
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

my 3dmark05 score is like 13, lol
ghost_4ce
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by ghost_4ce »

3dmark05?? It dosnt even run in mine!!
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

celluzion wrote:
PSZeTa wrote:Actually, it's cheaper to overclock.

Or pay 700 bucks more to overclock the FX-55, which will last you like what, 10 times longer than the Athlon 3000+.
Ofcourse. But that isn't the point. It's just that you can reach the performance of a much greater model with less money.
EmptyWords
Professional
Professional

Post by EmptyWords »

yeah, but with lots of money, u can reach a model that isnt even out yet.. :-D
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

You are telling me things I don't need to know.
JediSpam
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JediSpam »

PSZeTa wrote:It mostly only cools your processor. Trust me, if you are going to overclock, and not just a little wimpy amount, you will need it.

you are wrong. it does not mainly cool your processor. for a more efficient overclock a waterblock on your northbridge chipset is best. Video cards are also known to have waterblocks. My processor is a AMD Athlon 3000 Barton. It runs stock at 2200 mhz and is currently running at 2700 mhz. I haven't pushed it any more but i know i can.
Jaka
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Jaka »

Dude, with watecooled system you can push it some more. I would. :D And a block on the GFX card would do good :)
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

JediSpam wrote:
PSZeTa wrote:It mostly only cools your processor. Trust me, if you are going to overclock, and not just a little wimpy amount, you will need it.

you are wrong. it does not mainly cool your processor. for a more efficient overclock a waterblock on your northbridge chipset is best. Video cards are also known to have waterblocks. My processor is a AMD Athlon 3000 Barton. It runs stock at 2200 mhz and is currently running at 2700 mhz. I haven't pushed it any more but i know i can.
Most people I know only bought a watercooling system because they wanted to overclock their processor. They usually go on with other waterblocks.
Jaka wrote:Dude, with watecooled system you can push it some more. I would. :D And a block on the GFX card would do good :)
You could push, push and still pushing it further, but it ends when the processor doesn't run stable.
M_S
Professional
Professional

Post by M_S »

^Sparco^ wrote:Am I invisible or what??
:roll:
looks like it :lol:
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

God, we are discussing about something else.
JediSpam
Ricer
Ricer

Post by JediSpam »

PSZeTa wrote:
JediSpam wrote:

Most people I know only bought a watercooling system because they wanted to overclock their processor. They usually go on with other waterblocks.
Jaka wrote:Dude, with watecooled system you can push it some more. I would. :D And a block on the GFX card would do good :)
You could push, push and still pushing it further, but it ends when the processor doesn't run stable.
As I am assuming your friends probably bought watercooling kits, they have low-performance components. The waterblocks that come with packages are usually not lapped and have awful results.

I have ran my CPU faster than 2700 mhz but I don't see the reason to run it any faster b/c there are no operations that I can not easily handle with that speed.

Return to “The Hardware & Software”