A question about wheel size.

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
Jetta
Ricer
Ricer

A question about wheel size.

Post by Jetta »

Are there any cars you recommend not putting the largest whell size on? I just want to make sure im not doing something dumb to my cars. Thanks.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

Well, i guess you gotta try it on a few differernt cars, play around with the sizes. But my generall rule of thumb is stick big rims on big cars, and stick small rims on small cars, simple enough.

But really you should go with whatever you think looks good.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Bigger is Better 8)
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

indeed ^Sparco^ , Bigger is Better

But I don't like the wheelsizes on some cars. eg Peugeot 106 & opel Corsa. The sizes go from 15" to 17". That's too small for me, I'd rather have 18" or 19" on them. Or put 13" rims on a Pug 106 and drop it to the floor (German Style) :)
Just Me
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Just Me »

Because this is an acarde game it doesn't really matter i guess. If this was a simulation game (hahahahhahaha) then it would have mattered.

I can remember that Grez once said that each car has his optimal wheelsize. You can get over it, but it brings handeling down.
chimpzrl
Drift King
Drift King

Post by chimpzrl »

Sometimes I think that the biggest size for the TT is too big in proportion to the rounded body.
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Yeah.... have you seen the Urquattro's ride? :shock:
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

master m wrote:indeed ^Sparco^ , Bigger is Better

But I don't like the wheelsizes on some cars. eg Peugeot 106 & opel Corsa. The sizes go from 15" to 17". That's too small for me, I'd rather have 18" or 19" on them. Or put 13" rims on a Pug 106 and drop it to the floor (German Style) :)
ever tried to fit 19" under a 106... not going to fit mate! (in real life) I think they should make the sizes more realistic cause a 17" already looks big on a small hatchback! let alone a 19!

on some cars it doesn't look good to put the biggest on they will scrape the wheel arches!
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

Dunno about that, Stiggy.

I saw a Vauxhall Nova SRi on the road the other day that had massive rims on it. I quite liked it, in a chavvy kind of way (once I had stopped laughing, that is.)
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

i put on 15s and 16s cuz i want more handling on my car than have it to just riding on rims.
Sir Ibi
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Sir Ibi »

I don't know if rim sizes really affect the driving on NFSU. I drove a car once with 19's, the biggest that could fit on the car, and it just felt really uncomfortable to drive, you could feel all the bumps. Personally i would go for 1 size below the maximum, so it looks good, and you get a nice comfy drive.
Drewb99
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Drewb99 »

I can't stand cars with tires as thin as rubber bands, and stock size tends to look pretty decent anyway. I wouldn't dwell on it for more than a few seconds.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

on some cars 17" already look HUGE... but on other cars... they look tiny (in real life that is) but there are always these Idiots who get wheels far bigger then what the car manufacturer discribes as max size!

you just can't drive normally in such a car..! (and I don't think you want to hit a bump at even 10 MPH
Corolla GTS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Corolla GTS »

Ah, bigger is better, like ^Sparco^ said. If you like it, go with it, size-wise and style-wise.
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

tyre width is also a key to the car's looks (and grip and stability) but for the arcade game its just a matter of looks

i say that the SUV's will look nice with monster tyres, but then the game will become a demolition derby one :D
DodoBobo
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by DodoBobo »

I love when people (ricers) can only buy one pair of rims at a time, and they just throw them on anyways without having a full set of 4 rims.

I feel it also adds to the beautiful styling of a unpainted front and rear end with a massive carbon fiber spolier. Those spoliers really help with the downforce....
^Sparco^
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by ^Sparco^ »

Well, this is a game and bigger looks better. I put 20" on all the possible cars.

I know in real life is different, and too big rims means a dangerous handling.

BTW What is the recommended size for the 350z? 18inches? 19?
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I use a 19 for the 350Z... ;)
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

dont care 4 rims on the 350z, i hate the damned car (IMO always) its too unstable...
master m
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by master m »

909 wrote:dont care 4 rims on the 350z, i hate the damned car (IMO always) its too unstable...
Which is why it's a great drift-car :D

I always put the biggest rims on any car.
Reaper
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Reaper »

bigger is always better
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

normally I use the biggest size availeble for a car. but sometimes I use a smaller type depending on the purpose of the car I am building... and it depends on the combination of lowering the suspension...somethis the wheels are almost stuck in the wheel arches at lvl3 suspension the I use lvl2 or even lvl1 lowering!
but the wheelsize itself isn't bigger... only the rim increases and the tire decreases!

one example I used smaller then max rims is the Lexus demo car I made for the Replica challenge! because the original car has 18" rims so I used 18" also
^StephaNOS^
Drift King
Drift King

Post by ^StephaNOS^ »

I like the big rims.
Te4o_bg
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Te4o_bg »

Big rims are awesome......
...........but sometimes it's better to go with the middle size ones

Return to “Underground 2”