RETARDED MAGAZINE COVER

2004 Need for Speed Underground 2
MonteCarloSS
Drift King
Drift King

RETARDED MAGAZINE COVER

Post by MonteCarloSS »

so I have 1:15 to get to the direct opposite side of the city. I dont know if the game is bugged or not but this is almost impossible. One time... one firetruck time I had the target on my screen and the firetruck thing runs out of time. It's ridiculious man, I have a maxed out RX-8 that just owns the competition but it is impossible for me to get there in time. 1 second more would have sufficed. I am so pissed off right now, this game has never angered me more.

<end vent>
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

u might be angry....but try2 censor ur language...

and also, IT CAN BE DONE...jus calm down and try again...

again...it CAN be dun...trust me...i beat the game.. :wink:

<<<<the game is meant to be frustrating>>>>>
Flameking
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Flameking »

yea. I just got NFSU 2 and its pissed me off a lot.
MonteCarloSS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MonteCarloSS »

I'm about to beat the game, this is one of the last covers.
wowirace
Professional
Professional

Post by wowirace »

ya...the last cover is usually the one that gives u the LOWEST time...dont worry, its not a bug and it IS beatable....jus play it again...or better yet...

1.) curse the sh*t out of it
2.) leave it there for a few days
3.) curse the sh*t out of it again
4.) try playing it again

purpose of doin this: the game gits to think bout wat its dun and it gits scared..
:wink: Image
NFSBLUECIVIC
Professional
Professional

Post by NFSBLUECIVIC »

practice, practice, practice...
Andre_online
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Andre_online »

I think I know which Magazine cover you're referring to... You started in a place which is near the Body Shop to Coal harbor West right? I made 5 attempts, and I finally made it. All you need is to master the places and sharp turns. ;)
Stereo
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Stereo »

On NFSU1, I got mad at the "who's got endurance" career race, and the "Four Play" one also. Yet I still beat it.
MonteCarloSS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MonteCarloSS »

Yeah I finaly beat it, with 5 seconds to spare too. Like posted, I mastered the corners and took full advantage of the straight aways. Luckily I had enough cash to invest in some acceleration upgrades and got my car even faster.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

iirc what made it for me, was full nitros on the highway bit between city center and coal harbor...other then that, perfect cornering.
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

well... i have one question to ask:

in this thread's name, who is it referring to as "retarded" ?

:lol:
MonteCarloSS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by MonteCarloSS »

Not a person, just refering to the Mag Cover race as retarded. The time didn't make sense to me, this is the first mag race I have had to actually "practice" for lol.

I'll prepare myself next time.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

I remember one magazine I tried several times.
It was the 2nd GTi magazine in the harbor area.
I tried was it like 7 times.
Drifting at the limit (Super Inertia drifting fastest there is) and keeping the accelerator open as long as I could.
But yet, I couldn't do it.
All other mags went fine but not that one.
I said to myself "Well if they don't want me on their cover, FINE! F*** you then I'll just keep on racing"

So I did, I left that poor reporter there standing waiting for a guy that NEVER showed up ;) and that will NEVER show up.
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

ah i know which magazine race ure referring to...

had a cou[ple of problems with it since at the beginning i used the GPS to guide me. funnily enough, the GPS twisted through the longest course, whereas the solution was to not using the GPS at all and take the seemingly longest way, and it was the one with least turns.

a good tip for these races is to study well the map before actually doing the race
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Re: RETARDED MAGAZINE COVER

Post by GT3x24x7 »

MonteCarloSS wrote:so I have 1:15 to get to the direct opposite side of the city. I dont know if the game is bugged or not but this is almost impossible. One time... one firetruck time I had the target on my screen and the firetruck thing runs out of time. It's ridiculious man, I have a maxed out RX-8 that just owns the competition but it is impossible for me to get there in time. 1 second more would have sufficed. I am so pissed off right now, this game has never angered me more.

<end vent>
I don't care how angry you are. Post language like this again and you can forget your membership here.
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

909 wrote:ah i know which magazine race ure referring to...

had a cou[ple of problems with it since at the beginning i used the GPS to guide me. funnily enough, the GPS twisted through the longest course, whereas the solution was to not using the GPS at all and take the seemingly longest way, and it was the one with least turns.

a good tip for these races is to study well the map before actually doing the race
I tried to locate a faster route but couldn't.
Closest I got was 10 meters from the designated target...
Maybe I should try again with my "Deathtrap Skyline" and unlimited NOS.
I call it a deathtrap because it is so damn hard to steer ;)
Corolla GTS
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Corolla GTS »

I also used an RX-8 toward the end of the game. You have to find the best route and take any shortcuts available.
PSZeTa
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by PSZeTa »

*Learn to drive*

:')

Seriously, I never got a problem with those mags. Got them all in 1 time.
vellu
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by vellu »

Yup...it's not t-h-a-t hard...considering the game overall is very easy, atleast some challenge exists. Used Civic all the way through my career, and pretty much the only thing that actually called for "practise" was that one magazine. Took about 6 or 7 attempts iirc.

NFSU1 was much more challenging...even had one or two "game stoppers" which could take dozens of attempts if you had bad luck with traffic or what ever.
Last edited by vellu on 23 Feb 2005, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
Drift King
Drift King

Post by 909 »

PSZeTa wrote:Seriously, I never got a problem with those mags. Got them all in 1 time.
ay yes... the EASY game setting is nice right?

j/k :lol:
joablo
Drift King
Drift King

Post by joablo »

the most thin that weewee me off in the game is the URL so frustrating!!!1
ElShiznitNFSU2
Ricer
Ricer

Post by ElShiznitNFSU2 »

the thing that i try to do before i race ANY mag cover is to max out my NOS+racebreakerNOS, then, like some others have said, i just practice, practice, practice until i get it.

if u keep having trouble, look at the car that u are using. I use a fully modded Miata, and that usually gets the job done, even if it is not always the first time.
Reaper
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Reaper »

i've beaten the game twice and it took me a few times to beat the special event but eventually i got it
Sweeper
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Sweeper »

Well the mag I had problems with, I couldn't get it.
But other mags I finished with margins up to a minute at most without any problems and 30 seconds on the hardest while following the GPS route.
Guess drifting does help in nasty corners.

Btw on that run where I was 10 meters away from making it, I used wallriding, and yet that didn't work.
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

That race was a botch. I couldn't do it on my first playthrough (with a maxxed out Hyundai Coupe), gave up after about 10 attempts.

However, I did it 1st time on my second playthrough (with a bit of time to spare, too), with my maxxed out Corsa - its all about handling I think. Although this is possibly one of the quickest accelerating cars in the game as well.

Return to “Underground 2”