NFS Carbon: Hex Editing [Tips & Tricks]

Discuss editing Need for Speed Carbon.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

GodSpeed, I tested that trainer, it wont allow you to edit any savegame file. All it allows you to do is load any savegame, regardless of cd-key. Once loaded and saved in the game, the CD-key is properly replaced and there's no need to use the trainer a second time. So far, there is not checksum fixer, which is required to edit savegame files offline and not in memory.
gnagna2000
Ricer
Ricer

Post by gnagna2000 »

he has updated his post
you can now edit savegame, then using this unlocker, you'll be able to load it as if the checksum is correct
save it from the game to get the real checksum
but read notes
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

BREAKTHROUGH
I've just successfully added a car directly into my Career Garage! The method is the same as it was in Most Wanted. You have to carry over the Career Info Slot for another car, and viola, the game will no longer crash!

I'm attaching a copy of my savegame for your viewing pleasure. Please use gnagna2000's Savegame Unlocker to load this savegame. Look for her post near the top of this forum. This savegame has ALL exotic cars available in the game (even the Zonda, but you will need to use a trainer to unlock it in career). The cars are both in My Cars and in the Career Garage. Have fun!

EDIT:
Here's a link to gnagna's unlocker:
http://forum.nfsunlimited.net/viewtopic ... 035#258073
Attachments
AExotics.zip
(32.49 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Hmmm, I've just been notified that some users are experiencing crashes when using this savegame. I'll post the steps I'm doing and it's working perfectly for me.

1. Load NFSC
2. When you get to the screen that says Click to Continue, Alt+Tab to the Desktop and load gnagna2000's Unlocker (link above)
3. Check Load Any Save in the Unlocker and go back to the game
4. Load the profile Exotics
5. Alt+Tab back to the Desktop and uncheck Load Any Save in the Unlocker
6. Go back to the game and choose Career. Now choose Save (it's all the way at the right)
7. Alt+Tab out again and check Unlock all Series Cars/Upgrades in the Unlocker
8. Now go back to the game and Resume Career. Go to Car Select and you should have all the cars available.

If you experience a CTD, please let me know at exactly which step it happens. It'll help in troubleshooting where the error is.
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

prince1142003 wrote:BREAKTHROUGH
I've just successfully added a car directly into my Career Garage! The method is the same as it was in Most Wanted. You have to carry over the Career Info Slot for another car, and viola, the game will no longer crash!
Yeah, I basicly did the same a few posts ago, swapping a career car with a car from 'my cars'. So not really a big breakthrough.
just wondering, did you just change an existing car hexcode, or did you modify the car location-slot and career-slot of an exsisting bonus car ???
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I didn't swap, STAT-X. I had an existing car in My Cars. I added it to the Career Garage. More info on that coming later. For now, feast your eyes on this video, proof that the Career Garage can have more than 10 cars:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjE3s4RVSCc
GodSpeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GodSpeed »

STAT-X wrote:
prince1142003 wrote:BREAKTHROUGH
Yeah, I basicly did the same a few posts ago, swapping a career car with a car from 'my cars'. So not really a big breakthrough.
just wondering, did you just change an existing car hexcode, or did you modify the car location-slot and career-slot of an exsisting bonus car ???
STAT-X he pm'ed me and the breakthrough is that he has 200 cars in garage or something like that, he put all the cars in the garage not sure how many, but well over the 10.... Wierd like 20+ lol ... it crashes after the Brera on me.
Last edited by GodSpeed on 20 Nov 2006, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

I don't have 200 cars in garage, I've just discovered that it is possible, through careful modding of the savegame. You need to change every car location to the career garage, and every car info slot to the same pre-existing slot. For my savegame, it's 05. I've only put 20 cars in the Career Garage, but 200 is possible (or the max number of tuning slots, w/e that is)
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

There are about 75 custimizition slots, so max available cars in your garage would be 75.
cparty
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by cparty »

STAT-X wrote:There are about 75 custimizition slots, so max available cars in your garage would be 75.
Basically you are right, but the game has a total of 200 carslots. Which leaves you with another 125 Stock cars.
What he did is, have all those slots link to careerslot 05 (you only have 10 of those, so to actually have more cars they need to share existing careerslots). They will of course also have the same heat etc. as they share the same careerslot.
This will work fine until you sell or loose one of those cars which will have impact on all other cars sharing the same careerslot.

Here's another Hack for cloning your wingman's car:

- Buy any car (if you do it for career) or just add one for mycars.
- Locate the new car in memory (or save, thanks to gnagna).
- Find the car of your wingman (it will have an 80 category number).
- Switch the customization numbers in the found carslots.
- Overwrite your carcode with the carcode of your wingman.
- Your wingman's car now will look shiznit (because of the wrong customization slot)
Just Fire and Hire your wingman to restore the wingmans car.

oh yeah, make a backup before messing with the save/memory ;)

greets
cparty
Attachments
Wingman.jpg
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

cparty wrote:What he did is, have all those slots link to careerslot 05 (you only have 10 of those, so to actually have more cars they need to share existing careerslots). They will of course also have the same heat etc. as they share the same careerslot.
This will work fine until you sell or loose one of those cars which will have impact on all other cars sharing the same careerslot.
Yes, that's exactly what I did. I think it was you, cparty, who found out that this could be done with Most Wanted.

Anyways, I'm working on Tuners and Muscles savegames. Once that's done, I'll work on a set of savegames where you start with all the cars right from the beginning.
GodSpeed
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by GodSpeed »

STAT-X

'CTS' (Cadillac CTS), 'A4' (Audi A4), '997S' (Porsche 911 Carerra S) and 'GTI' (Golf GTI).

maybe these cars have different hex codes. Not the same as MW. Or like you said they were lazy not removing them.

Does anyone know is the CTS around 11MB in MW. It's odd why they would leave these, unless they plain to add more in patches or a add-on car pack later on, For replay value.
nepoznatiqt
Stock
Stock

Post by nepoznatiqt »

What is the code number for the yellow Koenigsegg?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

It's a normal Koenigsegg painted yellow.

The code for the Koenigsegg is

Code: Select all

A6DCC132A6DCC132
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

prince1142003 wrote:It's a normal Koenigsegg painted yellow.

The code for the Koenigsegg is

Code: Select all

A6DCC132A6DCC132
The Koenigsegg comes in 2 colors in Carbon, black and yellow (both is the same). In real life they comes in 5-6 different colors.
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

GodSpeed wrote:STAT-X

'CTS' (Cadillac CTS), 'A4' (Audi A4), '997S' (Porsche 911 Carerra S) and 'GTI' (Golf GTI).

maybe these cars have different hex codes. Not the same as MW. Or like you said they were lazy not removing them.

Does anyone know is the CTS around 11MB in MW. It's odd why they would leave these, unless they plain to add more in patches or a add-on car pack later on, For replay value.
It's not very logical to change these hexcodes while other cars from MW still use the same hexcodes. And, as some of you may still remember, there was a 350Z folder in MW, but as far as I know I haven't seen any 350z's in MW yet. Most likely these cars were supposed to be in the game until at some point they got scrapped or replaced (R32 instead of the GTI for example). Maybe, just maybe, these cars were developed enough so we can still use 'm in the game, but like bonus cars at some limits.
But I'm not gonna be bothered with that, first I like to unlock the bonus cars that are in the game ... (without the use of a trainer).
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

On a little side-note:
I discovered a neat trick. If you want your crew to drive the same exact car that you drive, change the tuning slot in the savegame to FF. Now whenever your crew races with you, he or she will have the same exact car as you.
yammer_y2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yammer_y2 »

pardon this editing noob here :( , but does anyone know a way to add the 911 turbo to career mode or my cars? i've tried the +XI trainer but the 911 turbo doesnt appear in the car lots or under my cars, it only appears under quick race and the mazda car lot, so i can't modify it
*sig removed for being too big. limits are 550x120px and 50kb*
Cool-spot
Ricer
Ricer

Post by Cool-spot »

I would Like to know the hex code's of the challenge cars! Anyone got an idea how to get them? ( i know they are simply tuned versions, nothing more).
I would like to add them to custom cars to have a collection :)
EVO_VIII
Drift King
Drift King

Post by EVO_VIII »

yammer_y2 wrote:pardon this editing noob here :( , but does anyone know a way to add the 911 turbo to career mode or my cars? i've tried the +XI trainer but the 911 turbo doesnt appear in the car lots or under my cars, it only appears under quick race and the mazda car lot, so i can't modify it
I think it should appear in the car lot(not the mazda dealership)
If it is in the car lot, then you can add it to "my cars"
If you want to use it in career, you have to activate the trainer all the time.
yammer_y2
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by yammer_y2 »

The thing is that the 911 turbo doesnt appear in any of the car lots even with the use of the trainer.and i cant buy it from the mazda dealership cos it just tells me that i have unlocked a custom rx8.
*sig removed for being too big. limits are 550x120px and 50kb*
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Cool-spot wrote:I would Like to know the hex code's of the challenge cars! Anyone got an idea how to get them? ( i know they are simply tuned versions, nothing more).
I would like to add them to custom cars to have a collection :)
If you send me your savegame, I can have it ready for you in 3 days. Just PM it to me.
STAT-X
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by STAT-X »

Hey, my Mazda Dealership got some new models in :D

Too bad they wont let me buy them :?
All I get is this message ...

PS. I didn't use a trainer, these cars are locked in my savegame but will appear in the Mazda dealership ...
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

To bad that you cant buy that white and black Mazda that is in there :(
darknight788
official forum redneck
official forum redneck

Post by darknight788 »

does any one know if it is possible to have more than 3 crew members

Return to “Editing”