need help with my life !!!

The lightly moderated completely off topic board with where the usual posting restrictions do not apply. Forum games welcome. There's a catch though: your post count will not increase.
Koffy
Professional
Professional

Post by Koffy »

Good luck with that!!! :D :D :D
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Thanx, Koffy.....
I will try my best... :wink:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

xXx, as in the case over here in Oz (and I gather it's the same there) you have to undertake certain tests etc to demonstrate that you are able to drive and that your condition doesn't /won't result in harm to either you or others. Don't take it personal though because over here ppl who have conditions such as diabetes, partial blindness etc have to do the same thing. Also, don't worry about the late reply..just ahppy to know all is ok. It takes a lot of courage and determination man to get up and try what your doing. Many would just accept that they can't drive and leave it at that but it takes someone like yourself to actually remind others what ppl with a disability are able to do. Well done!!!!
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Rogue wrote:xXx, as in the case over here in Oz (and I gather it's the same there) you have to undertake certain tests etc to demonstrate that you are able to drive and that your condition doesn't /won't result in harm to either you or others. Don't take it personal though because over here ppl who have conditions such as diabetes, partial blindness etc have to do the same thing. Also, don't worry about the late reply..just ahppy to know all is ok. It takes a lot of courage and determination man to get up and try what your doing. Many would just accept that they can't drive and leave it at that but it takes someone like yourself to actually remind others what ppl with a disability are able to do. Well done!!!!

I truly understand that... :)
I wanted to show that disabilities aren't the factors that will stop someone's will to do the things that they wanted.....
But I think I won't be going for the checkup approval soon cause I have to find someone to bring me there... but I will let you all know by then, ok... :wink:
Just hope that it won't be long.....
Nitro
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Nitro »

Just try to do the best you can to pass the test and everything's gonna be ok... :wink: Good luck man, and don't give up. :wink:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Where ya gotta go, to the city or something for the assessment. Hang in there man as determination is what seperates the men from the boys - the one's who sit down and die and those that have the balls to go out and achieve what they want...don't let nothing hold u back.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

I will always remember the supporting words you guys gave me... :wink:

I just found out that it will take a longer time cause there's a lot more to be done before I can actually get an approval from the doctors... (it will be quite a fuss...) but I won't give up..... :!: :!: :!:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Sorry to hear that you have to wait a bit longer than previously anticipated, nevertheless, I am sure that the wait will lead to the outcome you hope for. Hey, you can always pass the time by posting on the forums??????
seasalt

Post by seasalt »

Some new cars have paddles on the steering wheel for gearchanging, like in formula 1. (Not very useful due to expense, but a thought.)
Power steer to reduce effort involved
Auto = no clutch
So you are left with brake and accelerator.
Hand throttle?
Hand activated braking?
This has been done in the past with levers set behind the steering wheel that stick out just past the steering wheel's rim. There could be a newer solution, also it might be possible to make self designed modifications with engineers certificates like in Australia?

Everything else should be reachable?

All this depends on the traffic laws there.....and your finances.

My brother had a stroke at 30, and he drives with a knob attachment on the steering wheel so he can turn it quickly when he needs to. He has full use of one arm and one leg on the right hand side.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Rogue wrote:Sorry to hear that you have to wait a bit longer than previously anticipated, nevertheless, I am sure that the wait will lead to the outcome you hope for. Hey, you can always pass the time by posting on the forums??????

It's ok... but I will always post on the forums when I go online... :wink:

seasalt wrote:Some new cars have paddles on the steering wheel for gearchanging, like in formula 1. (Not very useful due to expense, but a thought.)
Power steer to reduce effort involved
Auto = no clutch
So you are left with brake and accelerator.
Hand throttle?
Hand activated braking?
This has been done in the past with levers set behind the steering wheel that stick out just past the steering wheel's rim. There could be a newer solution, also it might be possible to make self designed modifications with engineers certificates like in Australia?

Everything else should be reachable?

All this depends on the traffic laws there.....and your finances.

My brother had a stroke at 30, and he drives with a knob attachment on the steering wheel so he can turn it quickly when he needs to. He has full use of one arm and one leg on the right hand side.

The idea of modifying the whole system handling to the steering wheel is good..., but unfortunately the expenses doesn't come cheap either......
But after what you wrote bout how your brother still can manage to drive after a stroke..., I am pretty confident now... (with people like your brother will help other physically disabled people to think positive on whatever they plan to do... just like me... :D :D )
By the way..., you mentioned bout the engineers certificates..., will it be helpful ??
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

xXx, good to see that your spirits are still high..

As for Seasalt, he's always on nfs_racer.de if you want to ask him about the reports..He's a top bloke and only to happy to help out with your questions.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Thanx, Rogue...
I will look into it...... :wink:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

:wink: :wink:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

So xXx, have you heard back fromany modification companies from the general enquiries you e-mailed??
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Still no luck on it........ :(
Maybe I will wait a little longer..... :?

By the way..., sorry for not replying sooner..... :oops:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

xXx, hang in there man, it'll get better and you will accomplish what you want. Hey btw no need for the appology, we just moved house and it has taken up until now to redo cable etc in new rented house..it should be me appologizing.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Rogue wrote:Hey btw no need for the appology, we just moved house and it has taken up until now to redo cable etc in new rented house...

So how are you doin on in your new house...??
Hope you get to fit well there...... :wink:
Btw..., you don't have to apologize... it must be quite a fuss to move house.....
As for me..., still no news yet..... :( ....., but like you said... I'm gonna hang on... :wink:
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Hang in there and all will work out fine. No need for the apology...
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Sure....., :wink:

Btw..., how are you doing in your new house...??
Get used to the environment already.....??
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

No probs and don't worry about the delay in reply. I have been trying to post in this topic for a while but it doesn't seem to appear as the last reply. Maybe one of the mod's will know what is happening because I don't know why it is playing up?????
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Ghee, I just saw that it worked. I joined an aussie muscle forum recently but every time that I have tried to post something it keeps coming up with the message that I haven't logged in even though only moments before it says welcome Rogue. Maybe that has stuffed things up??????????
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Christ man, sorry about the double postings. As I mentioned earlier I typed a response but it didn't show in the list so I did another the day after. That didn't appear so I did it again....dufus me!!

As for the new house things are really good. Took four days to get everything back to normal again with unpacking done and kids settled. Still in the same area so that's no problem...it's just too quiet.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

Nvm bout the confusion that happens..... :wink:
It's good to hear that you are doing well in your new house... :D
Rogue
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Rogue »

Yep, all is well thanks. It still bugs me why it didn't register on the forum the previous posts I put. Maybe it's something that one of the mods can look into because NFS_Racer.de is having similar problems where the forum topic pages don't load.
xXx
Drift King
Drift King

Post by xXx »

I am sure they will look into it... :wink:

Return to “Can of Spam”