NFSMW. RIGGED???

2005 Need for Speed Most Wanted
SnoopyDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

NFSMW. RIGGED???

Post by SnoopyDawg »

right, thats it, im sick of this. ive gotta complain. this game is rigged.

now dont get me wrong, the content in this game is great, but the racing and fixed ai? i mean come one.it would be alot better if the ai were just above your skill lievel all the way through the race, not dodgy and all over the place the 1st 3 laps, then awseomly pro the last. heres the scene that triggered this post;

ive just taped a logtruck(godbless them) with kaze right behind me. it works, stops her dead in her tracks. i keep going, the distance between us climes. 100m, 200m, 400m, 500, 700, 800m. then she gets through. i go through a time thing, split time is 14.2 seconds. its a huge gap. im bout 200m from the finish, and WTF?some how shes made up all that space in about 3.5 seconds. she comes up behind, AND USES NOS. where the F***k did the nos come from, where did she come from?? she flys past me, even though im doing 312kph. the race finishes, i look at the stats, according to it her top speed never went over 300. :evil: whats with that. but im sick of this happining all through these races, for gods sake ive seen a mustang in a drag go THROUGH a cement truck to beat me to the finish. and i swear the game itselfe makes the whole computer lag at the most inapropriate times, when im dodging through traffic and turning tight corners.(and before you think "maybe its your computer being to slow thats making you lag" think again, its a brand new Aurora ALX. it dosnt lag) And NOS, 1.does it do anything? 2.does the ai have a limited supply? ok. im right behind some guy in a sprint we are going pretty much the same speed. i use a full tank of NOS to get past him, but he, and all the other racers, stay at the same speed as me, i get nowhere. i wouldnt mind this, he could of used NOS at the same time, but then he keeps going, and shoots of 200m into the distance. WTF??

well ive had my booboo. feel free to have ago at me if u want, i dont care. if anyone comes up with a guide to disable catchup in carrer mode, tell me. for the love of god, please tell me.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

Ya, catch-up is probably one of EA's worst inventions ever.
SnoopyDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SnoopyDawg »

your tellin me, its terrible.

BTW. how come you get to be a professional. i had that rank, untill they diabled my account, its not my fault they wouldnt let me go online in hospital.
lol :D
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

I think you have to get 1000 posts.
SnoopyDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SnoopyDawg »

i had OVER 1500 posts. then as i said, i go to hospital for 2 weeks and then is put into 1.5 months bedrest thet deavtivate my acount, so now im back
GoSsArD
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Re: NFSMW. RIGGED???

Post by GoSsArD »

Your quite right, but, ever since the very 1st need for speed the same problem has been there. I remember quite vividly having the same trouble on NFS 2 and right up to UG2. Personally i dont think its quite as bad in MW but from what others have posted it is . Probably going to be in the next NFS game. Its an arcade style racer not a sim so they are always going to attempt to have close racing.

Personally i dont mind it that much, frustrating at times. But at the end of the day, if you race fast, dont crash.... you'll win.
SnoopyDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SnoopyDawg »

yea u got a point there, but then theres always barron mysteriously doing 350kph, stopping dead when he hits a wall, then shooting off again with incredible speed to take the flag;p
Fadeproof
Professional
Professional

Post by Fadeproof »

I dont really notice it that much. The only race i had alot of trouble with the catch up was the race (2nd i think) against the guy in the EVO... i cant remember his name. I would get to 1500m plus ahead and no matter how good i would race he'd catch up to me.

but that was ages ago now... and the 2nd time around i didnt have much trouble with the race.
Ceano
Drift King
Drift King

Post by Ceano »

The game is lame and to badly coded by EA with huge bugs and game crashes, i am already bored of it and don't play it any more.
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

If you get too far ahead, it's a big problem, but if they stay within a few hundred feet, catch-up won't activate and they'll stay behind you.
BassDragster
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by BassDragster »

Whats it like on NFSU2?
SnoopyDawg
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SnoopyDawg »

rightio, well maybe when ive got some NFSMW cars happining we can start up a group or sumthinig?

cya
Pat

P.S
added u on msn
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

I had my experience with the stupid catch-up, I was doing blacklist 7 and on the 1st sprint race she wipes out and stays there for a long time and i gain a 25 second lead and then literally 8 seconds later im ahead by 10 seconds and closing, i still won the race but that was so stupid.
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

Yes. The game is messed up. I remember owning Razor in the drag race, and he miraculously appeared next to me right when i was about to cross the line. Also, the game seems to lag A LOT, even when i set it to low settings. I'm beginning to think it's not my card (GeForce 6600), but the godamn game....
weedman173
Professional
Professional

Post by weedman173 »

Off-topic, my computer doesnt lag at all with this game, got the Quad SLI.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

yeah, same problems with me. WTF?? i don't know what the hell EA wants with this!!. THis is really destroying my head because you MUST win with a Fully Tuned Porsche Carrera GT 2005 and then a damn Fiat Punto, comes close to you and .........POP! they beat you...i think the AI cars have all the Unique Performance Upgrades or when you're in lower ranks of the blacklist, they ALWAYS have 1 more performance upgrade. I really hate catch up, and also when you're on pursuits I thought that the other racers are going to be slow to let cops be more smart, but cops and ai increases and then you are concentrating in 2 things, not just the cops, also the damn racers using their "unlimited NOS".
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

[quote="weedman173"]Off-topic, my computer doesnt lag at all with this game, got the Quad SLI.[/quote]

dude, sorry by the ignorace, but what is the Quad SLI???
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

catch up is so wrong!!!!! i got a super tuned M3GTR to start the game with and the first racer on the blacklist was still nippin at my tail pipe!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Ceano!!! even though i cant play the game no more :cry:
xHaZxMaTx
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by xHaZxMaTx »

You can win the race with no mods, all the opponent's upgrades are based on what you have in your car. If you have all performance mods and junkman parts at the start of the game, so do they. If you have no mods in your car at the end of the game, so do they. :roll:
GINIX_2007
Professional
Professional

Post by GINIX_2007 »

yea but is it even possible for a golf to out run a lambo?
GT3x24x7
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by GT3x24x7 »

xHaZxMaTx wrote:You can win the race with no mods, all the opponent's upgrades are based on what you have in your car. If you have all performance mods and junkman parts at the start of the game, so do they. If you have no mods in your car at the end of the game, so do they. :roll:
More on this: If you go slow, so do they.
TheStig
NFSUnlimited Staff
NFSUnlimited Staff

Post by TheStig »

I even raced with a cement truck and a pizza delivery car and the other cars where just as slow as the Cement truck, that did not mean I could win, simply because the cement truck tends to flip if you go around a corner to fast. :lol:

but it was funny to see me snailing along and so did the McLaren lambo and Imprezza :lol:

The AI is programmed to compete performance wise with your car. so if you have a blistering fast car AI does to, same goes for your speed. If you drive granny style, AI will get a granny behind the wheel including a P plate :lol: . so that you can catch up if needed, but as soon as you gain and are close, AI will step on the gas and Granny will gets a few glasses of life elixer and AI will go fast again.

In a way Catch up is a good system, it makes sure everyone will have a challenging race, doesn't matter if you are a noob, or a NFS veteran.
But the system has some serious flaws in it.
The Extreme catching up is highly irritating.
I had the same problem with Earl (in the EVO) in the second race (sprint) I had a 15 second+ lead on him, and like 1 mile to go, and as predicted he would catch up and even win.
A bad side effect of the Catch up is that you are going to get stressed by the fact that you can see him closing in and you are bound to make mistakes, and if you do... you are punished in the worst way the game can.
goat
Ricer
Ricer

Post by goat »

hahahaha, nothin' like having a Clio pass on a straight highway you when you're in a Carrera GT

:roll:
DarrenR21373
Professional
Professional

Post by DarrenR21373 »

As I mentioned elsewhere, my all-time best was me in a fully-maxxed McLaren SLR, and the AI had a Cobalt, a Golf and a Punto.

And guess who got their a*se kicked (despite driving smoothly and almost flawlessly) - yup - me in the McLaren. I finished last, by about 7,000 meters behind the first placed car and 2,500 behind the third placed. :roll: :?

Please scrap (or at least do it properly) the catch-up in the next NFS, EA!
Toshiro
Professional
Professional

Post by Toshiro »

I think the next NFS should be more realistic. A Volkswagen Golf GTi, no matter what you do to it, cannot, and will not beat a BMW M3 GTR.

Return to “Most Wanted”