Body kits nfsmw

Discuss editing Need for Speed Most Wanted.
forsakenmike3000
Ricer
Ricer

Body kits nfsmw

Post by forsakenmike3000 »

Is it possible to alter body kits for the cars in nfsmw or add one for the camaro? with like zmodler or 3dsmax?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

no clue yet. i assume it wont be hard to modify existing body kits once arushan makes his method public. but adding body kits is something only he will be able to answer.
forsakenmike3000
Ricer
Ricer

any way to open the geometry bin file?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

there's ways to open it, but no ways to save it yet.
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

Not sure if you can add more body kits than the car originally has... never tried it.
forsakenmike3000
Ricer
Ricer

Yes but i would like to change the way some of the body kits already look arushan. could you assist me in this? I have noticed that if oyu put things on the camaro like hood scoops and wings they are all in the center of the car. (the backseet) or under the car. Maybe i could just change the placement.

But i do want to change the gt40 bodykit so would you help me open and save the files. I just need the geometry files out and i can do all the editing in 3dsmax. then i need to put them back.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

ZModeler2 can import the Geometry.BIN fils. ZModeler can also export 3DS files, although Zmodeler is in itself a 3D modeler, and you'll most likely need ZModeler to export.

only arushan still has the knowledge of how to export to BIN. once this knowledge is released, i would like to do quite a few things with it.
1) make the stock BMW M3 available in the game (there's an existing 3D mesh that's unused)
2) make the Mazdaspeed RX8 available to customize (it can be made available, but it's non-drivable)
3) make the M3 GTR Race's spoiler available in the game.

maybe you can confirm if i should give up on any of those dreams, arushan.
Fishwhiz
Unbeatable
Unbeatable

Post by Fishwhiz »

well, for the mazdaspeed rx8, just install body one.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

I just wait to see what autosculpt can do with cars. I hope that the bodykit of the rx8 in carbon doesn't look like crap, just like bodykit 4 and 5 from MW.
Zpectre
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by Zpectre »

He doesn't post any info because most probably the cracking process is unfinished and because he wants to work calmly.
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

Fishwhiz wrote:well, for the mazdaspeed rx8, just install body one.
there's a mazdaspeed rx8 model that's once again, unused by the game. it has different spoilers, rims, and mirrors than the normal RX8, so just putting on a kit doesnt suffice for me.

as for bam_bam's comment, im sure arushan's working hard. don't forget it took him a looooong time to finish the ferarri. he's probably trying to find better and faster ways of doing what he did, otherwise there's not gonna be much custom content for Most Wanted if creating it takes ages.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

prince1142003 wrote:
Fishwhiz wrote:well, for the mazdaspeed rx8, just install body one.
there's a mazdaspeed rx8 model that's once again, unused by the game. it has different spoilers, rims, and mirrors than the normal RX8, so just putting on a kit doesnt suffice for me.

as for bam_bam's comment, im sure arushan's working hard. don't forget it took him a looooong time to finish the ferarri. he's probably trying to find better and faster ways of doing what he did, otherwise there's not gonna be much custom content for Most Wanted if creating it takes ages.
I agree. I think arushan is working into a more interactive and easier way to put cars into MW, maybe like Vice City mod manager style. A way that allows the user easily to put their contents into the game. That would be cool.
arushan
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by arushan »

bam_bam wrote:I think its about time you shared your enlightenment with the rest of us so we can start making our own mods for eachother .
There is no secret. I'm not releasing any tools until Carbon comes out. The reason for that is obvious. If you can't figure out "why" or if you don't have the patience to wait until then.. I can't help.

Next to that.. I do this on my free time. Free time is something I don't get very often. I don't get paid to do this, and I have other responsibilities which are of higher priority to me. You may have all the free time in the world, but I don't.

Regardless, if you want to edit existing bodykits or whatever, you can import them into ZM2. However, when you export them again, you need to rebuild the materials table which is a pain without knowing the internal structure of the format. I don't have an SDK for ZM2.. so my exporter is in ZM1. When you export from ZM2 to ZM1, the naming structure of the model is lost.. which you'd have to redo for all the very many parts -- will take some time to do that. The actual geometry compiler is a seperate tool which requires some lower level understanding of the format to use.. it would take me as long as it took me to figure out to format to explain that to you. All of those "issues" need to be fixed and made more user friendly before any one can use these tools... and that'll take time.
race_invader
Professional
Professional

Post by race_invader »

Hey peoples im new and like ive seen what u guys have been saying about Zmodeler and umm well there is a Forum on that site talking about NFS most wanted coz look at this

http://forum.zmodeler2.com/viewtopic.php?t=1606

i dunno if it will help with the bodykit editing :?

oh and here are sum pics from that site to show u :)
Attachments
Sorry about the size if its too big
Sorry about the size if its too big
20060415_big.gif
yusufmothman
Ricer
Ricer

Post by yusufmothman »

I want M3 spoiler :(
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

i've been extracting the models from the BIN files for a long time. but until arushan releases his tools, or releases a program that can convert the z3d files into BIN, i can't embark on my ambitious projects.
SRDragoon20
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SRDragoon20 »

i wouldnt mind if we could make new kits for the cars like what the person did to the audi tt
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

SRDragoon20 wrote:i wouldnt mind if we could make new kits for the cars like what the person did to the audi tt
We need to wait Arushan until he decide to release any tools IF he wants to do it. I respect what he says about taking a while, and it's cool because if you spend hours and weeks, you can also say when you finish that you need a break, to relax and to be concentrated in other things like family, girlfriend, etc. We shouldn't rush yet, everything comes in time, although we have now the methods, now it's just matter of patience. I hope this doesn't weewee anyone.

peace.
SRDragoon20
Turbo Charged
Turbo Charged

Post by SRDragoon20 »

yeh i agree with that i got latest zmodeler and able to get car up only thing is i dunno how to do the rest rofl i just have to w8 until arushan released the tools and hopefully a tutorial :p
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

in the meantime, i think i'll try to do the following steps with the cars and kits:
Try to download a nfs hp2 car, for example a good modelled Skyline, then i'll try to convert it just like the Ferrari 360 from arushan, and then, WALLA!!! the skyline into MW. That would be cool enough to wait until carbon and see IF the skyline is there.
BKize_GT
Drift King
Drift King

Post by BKize_GT »

That would be considering you could do it...Car Modelling/Converting is hard stuff
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

it'll be hard converting from HS because a lot of the different seperated meshes in MW are merged together in HS. you'll have a lot of painstaking work seperating parts triangle by triangle.
bam_bam
Drift King
Drift King

Post by bam_bam »

Why not just use the one from u2 ?
prince1142003
Valued Member
Valued Member

Post by prince1142003 »

hasn't been cracked yet to my knowledge. ZModeler2 can't import NFSU2 BIN fies.
xturbo
Professional
Professional

Post by xturbo »

but arushan converted FROM HP2, use the same codes from HP2 and then convert them into MW codes.

Return to “Editing”